THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:24pm   #21
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm here to find some advice on playing JJ... Anyone know anything about that?
theonlythree est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:34pm   #22
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree
Hey guys, I'm here to find some advice on playing JJ... Anyone know anything about that?
Sorry, no. We're all distracted with Jason now.

Let's see, there used to be a professional poker player that posted regularly on here.......... Now where did we put him?
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:36pm   #23
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree
If you're serious, why not start a thread?
I do hope it doesn't get intercepted by a turd disguised as a poker player.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:03pm   #24
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

I believe that your Jacks have a case of leprosy.

And this thread has a case of the gout.

Could someone objectively PM or point to the thread where Kc got banned? I still see him posting from time to time and I miss his perspective. And here's a trick for all of you young'uns: if you put some thought into your posts, can accept some criticisim (though caustic as it may be), and realize when you're wrong and can be accepting of that, then we'll just have a great time here.

OT: Hand 1 I would bet more on the turn because there are only two kings left in the deck and the guy looks to be on a flush draw.

Hand 2: I would bet around 1/3 to 1/2 the pot on the turn and around 1/3 on the river. You stand to have the best hand, but you want to avoid tough decisions like that river one.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:47pm   #25
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

despite what people think, i just found out yesterday he was permanantly banned myself so did a search on all his posts.

heres his last post.

http://www.pokertips.org/phpBB2/view...r=asc&start=15

ummmmmmmm... yeah i'd say he was gunning for it.

two gun himself actually did ask me to try to layoff the asshole calling.... so ill listen. but one last clean thing ill say here is even though alot of you are smart and good poker players...... it doesnt mean your all knowing. if you guys cant understand why its important to be respectful and polite to others.... well.........then ............i dont know what........but its your loss i do know that. you cant go around acting like that, your 100% destined for trouble that you dont need or would never run into otherwise. and by being nice youll make alot more friends, and friends are always good..for many reasons.

i know some people that are total jerks and get the crap kicked out of them because of it and they still dont learn. so i guess some people are just hopeless.

take it easy people
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:54pm   #26
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

If there was any justice he'd be reinstated (assuming he'd want it) and you'd be banned instead for incitement and for excessive public defecation...and I can't think of anyone here who wouldn't prefer that outcome.

Long live inverted meritocracies.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:15pm   #27
Jason1
Grinder

umm

1. if thst how you truely feel, then there is something wrong with you.......seriously. thats stuff they teach you in elem. school. be nice, be respectful etc etc.

2. this isnt a country, its a message board. there is no justice system, and establishment. its run by a person and whatever that person thinks or wants goes. if your so mad then talk to that person.... still dont get what you want then leave.... dont want to leave then be quiet about it..... dont want to be quiet about it then go start your own website, it doesnt cost much. then run it how you want.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:17pm   #28
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

FOYC

When will you realise what an imbecile you are?

You've yet to post anything remotely intelligent or interesting. People PM me to complain about how utterly moronic you are. The only posts of yours that stick in the mind are the ones about your bike, which conjures up an appropriately child-like image, and your hilarious and oft-quoted "please take me seriously" claim to win 70% of your SnGs.

I know I'm not alone in saying this forum used to be a wonderful place to browse, particularly during the duller moments of online poker. There was a richness and diversity of posters, drawn together by a common interest. There were also professionals who'd post their thoughts and advice here.

Since you started posting here, this place has greatly deteriorated. For the sake of this forum, please just fuck off.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:59am   #29
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

One of these posters believes that politeness is more important that usefulness. Vice versa for the other poster.

Whose values are more in line with the majority of people here?

North's.

I come here for 2 reasons. It helps me inprove at poker and sometimes for the entertainment that stems from idiots getting their shit ruined.

Jason, your message will never be appreciated here, because those 2 reasons are why most of us are here, not to ... see someone being polite... K, I don't know why you are here, but it obviously has nothing to do with improving at poker, or you would want KC back.

And don't try the, "why not learn while being nice?" thing. We've done that one already. The bottom line is that you don't get to chose whether you get advice or not, whether the advice you get or not is helpful, or whether the advice you get is polite. The person giving the advice choses everything, while your place is to be grateful when they chose to say anything at all.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:46am   #30
Jason1
Grinder

maybe im misprojecting what i mean... im not saying people have to hand out flowers everytime a post is made but just actually reply to the persons post in a respectful fashion....EXACTLY what you just did.

-you made a direct reply to me, not going off how stupid i am or taking something in my post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and going off on it.

-you didnt call me every name in the book

-you didnt childishly take a quote out of context and put it in your signature.. i mean seriously.... thats elementary school bully stuff. grow up.... like its some kind of trophy

what that basically is is respectful. nice is saying things like "oh welcome, thankyou, great, wonderful. etc etc etc etc" Im not saying everyone has to do that... but dont pick apart everything.

another thing i learned over the years is no one will ever fully appreciate another persons view unless they experienced the exact same thing themselves...... so basically if you were never at the blunt end of their chidlishness youll never know what im talking about. your taking a 3rd party view from afar and giving a quick opinion about it at best. We all see this everyday weather we realize it or not.

for instance, i asked about european currency.... i live in the US.... i have no freakin clue what money they use over there or what importance it has. i ask a simple question about it and im torn apart like no tomorrow. NOT ONLY THAT but the answer wasnt even a straight one... turns out the euro dollar is sorta used but not a standard... i mean who the hell is gonna know that unless either A. you live in europe. or B. your in the financial business and you do international trading or something... because i watch the news and read current events on the computer and "the euro dollar" isnt exactly top priority in the headlines. Its usually the weather and whats going on in Iraq. And i was dubbed the stupidest person in the world for asking this question. So how am i suppose to learn from KC whenever i ask a poker question i dont get a poker answer back ?

its like right now Im on the west coast for a few weeks for thanksgiving. My wifes uncle is a serious A-hole, we have never been to their town before and we're given an address. for not having directions we still came within 1/4 mile of the house....pretty good for traveling a total of 2.700 miles in total. so we call the house to get exact directions and said what we're near and all i heard for the rest of the day was how "ridiculous" it was that we were a quarter of a mile off from the driveway of the house in the town i've never been to in my entire life WITH NO DIRECTIONS. I ended up having enough of it and told the guy what an asshole he is. Its funny out of th dozens of other people the only person we had a problem with was him.....because it was the general opinion...the guy was an A-hole.

so in closing... yeah fox your right. no one will share my opinion, which makes me question why i even try even when i know its hopeless..... guess i just dont like to give up, even when the odds are stacked against me. maybe i oughta start getting a clue and leave these people be what i consider to be a jerk.

oh well