THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:46pm   #11
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Well, first off, I don't think anyone here cares if I lose my money and I don't care how much you mock me. Have at it.

Let me worry about my poker skills. Help me learn about the online poker world.

Example: I downloaded software from one site and played a bit to get used to the interface. Noted a weekly tourney with a prize pool that was surprisingly high. That gives me one possibility.

I can't dink around with nickle and dime games. I'll have to play for significant stakes. I am sure that some folks grind out 7K a month online but I don't have the time. I have to accept more risk. So, advice on a solid plan (for maximizing my longshot chances) is what I am asking for. I can't see that anyone here would lose anything by sharing this with me because I accept up front that I have to follow a plan that probably won't work. I have already beaten the odds (cancer) and taken some bad beats (wife and best friend). After this, I can handle losing some money on cards. I am willing to bet on myself.

I guess I can figure out where and what to play on my own. I just hoped someone would be kind enough to save me some time and false starts.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:53pm   #12
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

The simple problem to that is that it isn't that easy.. otherwise I know sure as shit I wouldn't be still working.

Breath and think about it for a minute.. if that was possible for ANYONE to just start up and make 100K in 15 months... why would anyone work?????

Start off reading the reviews of the poker sites from here, it will tell you were soft players are and at what level.

Hopefully You have read the stratagey guides here as well.

Then use the search function on which books to read...

Then if you can't answer your own questions you are doom from the start
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:30pm   #13
miser
Grinder

miser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick
So, advice on a solid plan (for maximizing my longshot chances) is what I am asking for.
Prayer.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:37pm   #14
AJS
Doyle Look-alike

AJS

Mocking, who's mocking?

I'm telling you, from what I can tell about your poker experience from reading your posts, the 93 thing is about as good a chance as any. You obviously didn't look it up. Why are you asking members of this forum for advice if your not willing to consider it when we reply?

If I remember right Northview is the one who perfected the theory Check it Out!

(EDIT) My appologies. After some further research (going back and reading) I discovered it was Hustlr that detailed the 93 theory for us. I in no way intended to take any well deserved credit away from Hustlr by my miss quote on this post.
AJS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:38pm   #15
AJS
Doyle Look-alike

AJS

DAMN,

If I had only read Miser's signature line before I typed my last post.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:34pm   #16
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

If you start now in a serious way you could make it. You don't need someone to tell you step-by-step, you can do this on your own.
You have 15 months. That is a lot of time.
You sound like you want to have it by tomorrow.

If you defeated cancer you can do this.

If you can't do this pick 4 numbers and bet it all on one spin.

But you are probably just a troll anyway.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:19pm   #17
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS
DAMN,

If I had only read Miser's signature line before I typed my last post.
I wonder if you'd be such a wiseass if you weren't hiding behind a monitor.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:11am   #18
downtown
Doyle Look-alike

downtown is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to downtown

I am

-Ozone, on the technical side of poker
downtown est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:17am   #19
AJS
Doyle Look-alike

AJS

(Sorry miser, I know your right but I just gotta do this.)

Jimmytrick,

Now, see this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. You are attempting to get some very important advice from people on the internet who you don't even know and have no idea as to the qualifications of their answers.

As for me, I do not claim to be a professional poker player or a master of the game by any stretch but.... Since you have no idea who any of the posters here are, or their qualifications in poker or anything else, you had no way of knowing that I am normally not a "wiseass" at all. The overwelming majority of my posts are either seriously thought out questions to the group or basic helpfull answers to newer players that are actually trying to learn the game. Yes game. Thats what it is.

I understand that there are those that make large amounts of money in this game - the professionals - knowlegable, experienced, talanted people with a LOT of hands under their belt. Just like there are people who make a lot of money playing the game of Football, Baseball, Basketball or what have you. Sure we can all play one of those games on Sunday with our friends but the overwelming majority of us are not quite ready to mix it up in the Superbowl. And thats exactly what your trying to do. Going from what sounds like your normal Sunday game with your friends, trading your baseball cap for a helmet and getting in the starting line of the playoffs. The only difference is that I don't think the major leage is gonna let you on the field. Now in poker its' different. Anyone can get on the field. All it takes is a chip and a chair and since you say you got some money to buy that chip go ahead. Just don't be suprised when the professionals pound you into the ground. Oh yea, you might get lucky, but if it's luck your counting on I stress again, look up that thread on the 93. Being I'm no pro I will admit I don't fully understand it myself, something about multipliers or what not, but it does make for a convincing argument.

Now back to the "wiseass" comment. Although one might be able to make a case in support of your agrument about my previous posts, you really have to consider who took the first shot. If you look back at the history you will find a shot you took at Lord Mushroom when he hasn't even posted to this thread. For a new poster (joining yesterday afterall) to take a unsolisited shot at a long standing member like that looks pretty asinine to me. I am not making the point to defend Lord Mushrooms posts, the content of his posts is not the issue. The point is you join a forum; ask a stupid question based on some unbelievable circumstances; are looking for a totally unrealistic answer; and at the same time attack one of the forum's members, all the while expecting us to actually give you the throughly thought out magical answer you need to get you out of the apparant clusterfuck you got yourself into.

Furthermore, besides my posts here, you have received several polite posts from other members sincerely trying to warn you that this might not be the way to resolve your problem. You have ingnored those. You also have for some reason ignored my helpfull advice about that 93 theory. A stragegy that gives you just about as good a chance as any in reaching your goals the way you insist on going about it. So just what do you want us to do for you. If your going to insist on proceeding with your plan of looking for that magic pill that will fix all your problems I recommend you leave this forum and go ask Alice.

And finally, to answer your question about whether or not I am at times a wiseass away from the computer. Yea, I can be, just ask my wife and kids. But it's always in their best interest.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:21am   #20
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice
Default Re: I have to win $100,000 in 15 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick
I have to. No choice. I have no bankroll. I understand that the odds are slightly against me. Still, I have to do this.
First, you have to understand that the odds are not against you! Second you need to understand, and I mean really understand the game. Third you need to be patient, because even if you are really good at poker, there are still bad times where you don't flop and just lose all the time.

So my advice? If you need $100,000 in 15 months, then start learning poker quickly, play your way up the limits, and hope for a little luck as well. Or, think of a business idea which is worth $100,000!