Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:24am   #21
LuckyMobius
Brunson

LuckyMobius

my advice is burn your buisness down and colect on the insurance money
or mogage everything go to the roulette table and put it all on red
or black or pur half on red and half on black and wait for 0 00
These idiots just want u to play cause they want your money
Lol what a mug punter .Wohoo first time using the word mug punter im really pround of myself now.
LuckyMobius est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:34am   #22
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS
I'm telling you, from what I can tell about your poker experience from reading your posts, the 93 thing is about as good a chance as any. You obviously didn't look it up. Why are you asking members of this forum for advice if your not willing to consider it when we reply?
He might have tried to find it, but failed. I tried to search for "93" and found nothing. This theory sounds interesting so I would be interested in finding this theory too. I would appreciate more help in finding this theory. Perhaps a rough estimate of when the thread it was in ended and which forums it might have been in.

I understand my advice is not asked for, but I will have a go all the same. You say, jimmytrick, that you need money to keep your company afloat untill you get some contracts in 2007 that will stop your company from having losses.

But do you expect the company to be very profitable after this? If you expect the company simply to be close to break-even in the years after 2007 then staking your house on this company is not a financial investment with positive expectancy.

If the expected profits after 2007 is small, but still enough to make it FINANCIALLY sound to risk your house it is still not a good move. Let us for argument´s sake say you are considering investing $100 000 (your house) for a 50% chance of saving a company that will in a few years be worth $250 000. Obviously, this is a good FINANCIAL investment as the EXPECTED profit of it is $25 000, but it is not a good investment for your well being (utility).

By that I mean that you will probably not enjoy making that $150 000 ($250 000-$100 000) as much as you will be depressed by losing your house.

Now there is a 3rd possibility. If you think that the company will be worth much more than $250 000, say $1 000 000, in several years then it might be worth it to risk the house after all even utility-wise. However, you should not risk the house even so. This is because there is an even better solution:

There are lots of people out there who are looking for a good business opportunity. If you think the company will be successful in the future it should be possible, even likely, to find someone who would invest in your company for a share of the future profits. Perhaps some of your staff would be willing to invest in the company too, so money needed from outside investors is more achievable. After all, their jobs is at stake.

Making $100 000 on poker in 15 months would be a full-time job and probably would not work, so spending a lot of time finding a (group of) willing investor(s) sounds like a better way.

If you try hard, but find not enough investors then you should realize that the company probably wouldn´t be as successful in the future as you expected. It is a well known fact that the starters of companies almost always have a too optimistic view of their company´s future. So if you don´t find investors, the future of the company would probably not be worth risking your house, even financially.

If you do find investors, be prepared to have to give them a very good deal. It is unfair that they should get such a good deal on something you have worked so hard for and they so little, but this is how the world works.

If the investors´ money save the company and everything works out, you will probably be irritated that you allowed the investors to have such a big share of the profits and didn´t stake your house. But you can live with this.

If the investors´s money doesn´t save the company, or the company turned out not particulary profitable, then at least you have your house and your health. That is a lot more than many other people have. You have done your best and been unlucky. It was not your fault and it is time to start a new chapter in your life which might even be better than the last although it is almost impossible to imagine that right now.

Bottom line: Try to find investors. If you fail to do this, cut your losses and move on. If you succeed, expect nothing but be happily surprised if your company turn out half-decent. DON´T PLAY POKER.

Good luck
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:35am   #23
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMobius
Wohoo first time using the word mug punter im really pround of myself now.
What ever that is?!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:17am   #24
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

LordMushroom, you are waisting your time.

It's pretty obvious that he is just a troll who wants to get information on a silver pladder and made up a story so people are more likely to help him.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:59am   #25
BIFFEN
Brunson

BIFFEN

If you need to make this money, what makes you think poker is the easiest way to do it? Many claim that only 10-15% of internet poker players are actually winning. Maybe your talent and/or chances to make this money is greater in something else. Create a clever web page, stock trading, sell Tupperware goods. Why Poker?
BIFFEN est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:05am   #26
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthebrain
LordMushroom, you are waisting your time.

It's pretty obvious that he is just a troll who wants to get information on a silver pladder and made up a story so people are more likely to help him.
Yes, I know this is by far most likely the case. I just thought I should prevent him from killing himself after losing his house playing poker in case he was actually telling the truth.

The bot has spoken.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:10pm   #27
miser
Grinder

miser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mushroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJS
I'm telling you, from what I can tell about your poker experience from reading your posts, the 93 thing is about as good a chance as any. You obviously didn't look it up. Why are you asking members of this forum for advice if your not willing to consider it when we reply?
He might have tried to find it, but failed. I tried to search for "93" and found nothing. This theory sounds interesting so I would be interested in finding this theory too. I would appreciate more help in finding this theory. Perhaps a rough estimate of when the thread it was in ended and which forums it might have been in.
http://www.pokertips.org/phpBB2/view...t=6031&start=0
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:30pm   #28
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Thanks for the link, miser.

You should ignore the contents of that link, jimmytrick. I didn´t read it closely, but it seemed to me it is just a bunch of jokes, not a winning strategy.

The bot has spoken.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:41pm   #29
milkman
Flop Artist

milkman

Dear jimmytrick,
I cannot give you advice on how to play poker, I am no expert at all. But if you survived cancer then you are a great winner nomatter what else happens in your life. Not everybody is that lucky. I have had a deadly case of cancer in my family and it was terrible - it was some years ago, but I still wake up sometimes in the night and cry. And I feel very sad while I write these lines.
You should be thankful that you are still with us, do not waste your time with money problems - you got a new life. Whatever situation puts pressure on you - let it go, enjoy to breathe the air and watch nature. If you don't understand what I say, then maybe you have not realized how lucky you are.
milkman est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:22pm   #30
AJS
Doyle Look-alike

AJS

Lord Mushroom,

I have to hand it to you. You tried to give Jimmytrick a well thought out alternate plan to assist him in his financial situation even after he blasted you cold like that. I had actually thought about going that way at first but decided that there was no way way those thoughts hadn't already crossed his mind before he decided high stakes gambling was the way to save his business. That is why I went for the "reality check" route instead of the whole ROI, utility, risk vs. reward, life choice thing.

In retrospect I should of just heeded misers advice on this one but it irritates me to no end when somone comes out of the cold like that and bastardizes what most of us are trying to do here.

On a side note, I'm suprised your not giving Hustlr's groundbreaking research on the 93 multiplier a little more consideration. It's got just as good a chance of multiplying his bankroll tenfold within 15 months without the chance of going broke as jimmytrick has in doing it with his obvious poker experience and a few well intended pointers from us. ("just downloaded a poker site and liked the payouts of the tourneys...... ". Don't we all!)
AJS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote