THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 07, 2006, 10:29pm   #1
tennisjump
Flop Artist

tennisjump
Default Simply the worst bad beat ever

No this isn't a joke, a guy over on 2+2 had quite possibly the worst beat beat I've ever seen.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=0#Post4980698

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 07, 2006, 11:54pm   #2
Emain2
Doyle Look-alike

Emain2 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK that really does sting, if it was me I wouldn't be able to tell that story though as my keyboard have been shattered on nearby walls / furniture.
Emain2 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2006, 11:58pm   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

OUCH.

Seriously though, he lost to a two outer on the turn. Hard to take losing with quads EVER, but try losing quads to exact runners. Now THAT is the worst beat ever.

EDIT - now i see why it truly sucks... the river 'cost' him 38K. Of course, the turn was the only reason he was getting the jackpot, but man, does that ever suck.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 12:11am   #4
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

I don't get it... can someone explain how the river cost them so much?
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 12:18am   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTen
I don't get it... can someone explain how the river cost them so much?
It's a bad beat jackpot table - I didn't see that at first either.

But what it means is, if you and your opponent, each using both of their hole cards to make their best 5 card hand, are involved in a situation where the losing hand is 4 8s or better (as it was in this case), then the two of you, and the table as a whole, share in a jackpot. In this case, it was ~110K, of which the 'loser' of the hand would win the jackpot of ~38k.

What happened was, on the turn, the poster had 4 9s losing to the 789TJc straight flush, and had the hand ended there, they would have won the jackpot. But, because the Qc hit the river, the second players best hand became 89TJQc, meaning he didn't use both of his hole cards to make the best hand. Hence, the river 'cost' the guy with 4 9s, 38K. It was the only card that could have come on the river where he wouldnt win 38K. Which SUCKS!
Old Mar 08, 2006, 12:30am   #6
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Thanks very much!

Wow that is the most horrible thing I have ever heard. Didn't know that BOTH players had to use their hole cards though now you mention it that does make sense. I would seriously smash some shit up if that happened to me
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 4:00am   #7
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

'Teh bad beat on river'

Wow.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 10:44pm   #8
storrey
Brunson

Location: chim chimney chim chimney chim chim charoo we hate the bastards in claret and blue
storrey

NO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGED posts?
Old Mar 09, 2006, 2:47am   #9
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storrey
NO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGED posts?
LOL. Party has to pay out that jackpot sometime... Why would rigging it not to hit matter? They get the same 10% no matter what, and business on those tables is pretty stable. LOL.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:34am   #10
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

That's one of the most horrible things I've ever heard when it comes to poker. If something like that happened to me it would take a loooooong
time to get over. Like forever.