KohSamet calls [$2].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
KohSamet checks.
gleis2 checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
KohSamet bets [$4].
gleis2: set of trips?
gleis2 calls [$4].
KohSamet shows [ Th, As ] two pairs, aces and tens.
gleis2 doesn't show [ 9d, Ad ] two pairs, aces and nines.
KohSamet wins $12.35 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and tens.

I'm not sure if the check on turn was the right play. After he called my 2x pot raise on the flop i thought he has a set of trips or AK or AQ. So I checked the turn with top two pair. the 10 on fifth street didn't scare me actually, and I called his 4$ raise because I thought he thought I'm weak because I checked on turn.
patterson est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 08, 2006, 9:54am   #2
Gerrit2002
Banned

Gerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: did I play this right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patterson
***** Hand History for Game 3693025128 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, March 08, 05:11:39 ET 2006
Table Live Card (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: KohSamet ( $21.90 )
Seat 3: Stawogrin ( $25.45 )
Seat 5: TL1981 ( $86.42 )
Seat 4: gleis2 ( $47.05 )
Seat 1: plyte_snygg ( $24.30 )
Seat 6: nadaistic ( $10 )
TL1981 posts small blind [$0.10].
plyte_snygg posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to gleis2 [ 9d Ad ]
KohSamet calls [$0.25].
Stawogrin folds.
gleis2 calls [$0.25].
TL1981 calls [$0.15].
plyte_snygg checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, Ac, 5s ]
TL1981 checks.
plyte_snygg checks.
KohSamet checks.
gleis2 bets [$2].
TL1981 folds.
plyte_snygg folds.
KohSamet calls [$2].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
KohSamet checks.
gleis2 checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
KohSamet bets [$4].
gleis2: set of trips?
gleis2 calls [$4].
KohSamet shows [ Th, As ] two pairs, aces and tens.
gleis2 doesn't show [ 9d, Ad ] two pairs, aces and nines.
KohSamet wins $12.35 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and tens.

I'm not sure if the check on turn was the right play. After he called my 2x pot raise on the flop i thought he has a set of trips or AK or AQ. So I checked the turn with top two pair. the 10 on fifth street didn't scare me actually, and I called his 4$ raise because I thought he thought I'm weak because I checked on turn.
Definitly no way to check on the turn and then call on the river. If u haven´t got a great read on that guy that he is only playing / calling big bets with monster hands I wouldn´t put him on a set. First of all he normally wouldn´t limp in on a six handed table with a smal pocket pair 5s. 9s are highly unlikely because there are only 2 left in the deck ( also I think he wouldn´t limp ).

Also I don´t think he would play a check raise on the flop AND on the turn if he have a set ( he would put in a nice value bet on the turn ). If he isn´t a total maniac he will not have 78 so the 6 on the turn shouldn´t scare u. After all put in a good bet on the turn because in 8-9 of 10 times u are ahead after the turn. If he is calling your bet and bets out big on the river maybe then u can fold. If he calls an checks on the river I would check also.
Gerrit2002 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 11:14am   #3
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

That's a difficult one, because neither player has any real information on the other ones hand. You both limped in, so could be holding anything on the flop.

You put in a very large bet for a very small pot ($2 for .85c), which freezes your opponent with AT. However, he has TP and a reasonable kicker and he can't put you on AK, AQ, or AJ with no pf raise at a shorthanded table. So he must put you on Ax, in which case he is going to call and see if he has you beat or picks up 2pair.

He calls your flop bet, so you have to put him on Ax. You would be unlucky to be up against trips at this point, and as the earlier post says he probably would have raised pre-flop to narrow the field or take your blind.

Now because he has called your huge bet, you are scared that he already has you beat, so you check and let him see a free card? At this point he definately puts you on Ax and as soon as he hits top 2 pair he fires out a big bet on the river.

I think you were overly cautious about him hitting trips. You have top 2 pair and shorthanded that is no time to be timid. Playing this hand scared probably cost you the pot, although if he called another turn bet you still would have lost. But you have to bet on the turn as you cannot afford to let him see a free card when you put him on Ax.

I would have made a smaller pot-sized bet on the flop to try and attract some action and then when the rag came on the turn, made them pay heavily to see the river. That way it looks like you have Ax and have picked up 2pair on the turn. In which case he knows he only has 3 outs and you are not giving him any pot odds.

Your huge flop bet is only going to be called by someone who has you beat or has a hand that could improve, otherwise everyone is going to fold and you don't get value on your 2pair.

So I think your mistake was overbetting the flop - it made you think he had a better hand than he did when he called.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 11:39am   #4
patterson
Doyle Look-alike

patterson

thanks for this great comment
patterson est déconnecté   Reply With Quote