German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:55pm   #1
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo
Send a message via AIM to oojoe24oo
Default It pays to be honest

Had a funny little moment in a 100 man SnG on AP

We were down to the final 18 and I was dealt KK in MP. I put in a 3xBB Raise, over to the guy on the button who makes the call. Both of us go to flop. The flop comes 99J rainbow. With a 1/3 of my stack nearly in the pot I push all in.....When the call gets to him I decide to start talking....Just like Scotty Ngyuen I let him know if you make this call its "all over baby". He doesnt believe me so he makes the call. He turns over AJ and I show my kings. I go on to double up through him.

it pays to be honest!
oojoe24oo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:07pm   #2
mattjgallo
Flop Artist

mattjgallo
Send a message via ICQ to mattjgallo Send a message via AIM to mattjgallo Send a message via MSN to mattjgallo

Lol that's quality! Yeh I've used table chat to get callers sometimes. I once said, well, my kicker is crap, but I gotta push, I'm all in. Showed the Ace kicker and the other guy was like DAMN! He had the Q or something.

That's the otherway round to yours I know, but sometimes triple bluffing can work too ;-)
mattjgallo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:49pm   #3
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo

yeh sometimes chat can really make or break a big pot for ya....

One of my favorite ive used many times is pushing all in on the flop and typing "gg all, got to head to work". I remember I had a set and someone made the call with top pair. They were thoroughly suprised
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:01am   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Against dumbasses it can work.
Dont fool yourself tho, its not the brillant sentence you typed in the chat that made them call, its the cards they had
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:53am   #5
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Against dumbasses it can work.
Dont fool yourself tho, its not the brillant sentence you typed in the chat that made them call, its the cards they had
not really dude. Did you see my example? Scotty Nguyen basically did the same thing to win the World Series back in the early 90s. Everyone remembers that final hand with the board showing a full house.

I dont know how many times ive got guys to call or fold based on chat
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:42am   #6
StampyDodo
Doyle Look-alike

StampyDodo

When someone says something in chat, and then someone calls, that DOES NOT mean that guy called because of what you said in chat.

To tell you the truth, i doubt you'll know if your chat makes them more or less likely to call, or if it has any effect at all.

Take a look at the first hand posted here. Do you really think that guy is laying down AJ in that spot, but changed his mind because someone said if you call its all over baby?
StampyDodo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:45am   #7
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampyDodo
When someone says something in chat, and then someone calls, that DOES NOT mean that guy called because of what you said in chat.

To tell you the truth, i doubt you'll know if your chat makes them more or less likely to call, or if it has any effect at all.

Take a look at the first hand posted here. Do you really think that guy is laying down AJ in that spot, but changed his mind because someone said if you call its all over baby?
Yay, critical thinking skills!
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote