THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:09pm   #1
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84
Default Can't believe how stupid people are..

Seriously can't understand how stupid some people can be at this game.

QsQh for me, flop is Qc8h2h I bet huge like 2x pot bet (and had jacked it up preflop), someone reraises me, I go all in (for like $200), they call. Turn is 10h, River is 6h. What does caller have? AhJc wow. Nice one buddy. One of the worst preflop calls I've ever seen; he had no hand and basically no draws. Not to mention I had a fairly tight image.

Very next hand, I have Kd10d, flop comes 2d6dJd, I flop king high flush. I throw out a small bet, get one caller, then get a raiser, I reraise and first caller folds, second guy (raiser) calls. Turn is random trash, 5c or something, and I push all in (since they didn't push any further on the flop I didn't think they had a made flush, or a very high one), they instantly call. River comes 8d making four diamonds on board.

What does he turn over this hand? Ad8s. Nice call once again buddy. He called $200 again with basically 7 outs, 14% chance to catch it.

I was absolutely in disbelief at both of these hands; the guy that made these calls knew I was playing fairly tight, and I thought he was too, then he makes these wild calls with nothing but a hope and a prayer.

Ya, ya I know these are the kinds of people I want to play with because they make ridiculous calls and are +EV in the long run, too po'ed right now to play againt the kid anymore for the day.

/end rant, lol
b_money84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:29pm   #2
jumpman1331
Fish

jumpman1331

last time I checked, AJ wasnt a very bad hand to call preflop with
jumpman1331 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 12:06am   #3
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman1331
No, but it was on the flop the way he described it. Basically the guy would have had to hit 3 outers A or runner flush even if he guessed our poster was holding Qx.
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 1:34am   #4
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
QsQh for me, flop is Qc8h2h I bet huge like 2x pot bet (and had jacked it up preflop), someone reraises me, I go all in (for like $200), they call. Turn is 10h, River is 6h. What does caller have? AhJc wow. Nice one buddy. One of the worst preflop calls I've ever seen; he had no hand and basically no draws. Not to mention I had a fairly tight image.
To play devil's advocate:your overbetting the pot makes it look like you're trying to buy it,his reraise likely was meant to make you fold -then again he could be just a crazy flush chaser.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:17am   #5
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

You think that's stupid?

I'm holding Aces in middle position, full ring table. UTG raises to 4xBB, I re-raise to about 10xBB. Shortstacked button pushes all-in, Big Blind calls, UTG folds, I push all-in, Big Blind calls.

I turn over Aces. BigBlind turns over 10s. Button turns over 56o.

???????

Flop comes 56Q rainbow. Turn is rags.

Just as I am getting ready to throw my laptop out of the window, river brings me an ace. Thank you poker God. At last justice is served.

It is getting to the point where I simply cannot fathom what is going on at a poker table anymore.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:40am   #6
bluntedsc
Brunson

bluntedsc
Send a message via Yahoo to bluntedsc

Here is a bad beat for ya......I was watching king kong so I was only paying half attention and was shooting myself for calling re-rasies pre-flop not paying attention

Quote:
#Game No : 4013261488
***** Hand History for Game 4013261488 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, April 18, 00:29:56 ET 2006
Table Table 96470 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: Druciferxx ( $9.70 )
Seat 5: my1973tr7 ( $21.80 )
Seat 3: Bluntedsc ( $37.95 )
Seat 4: Dicknaldo ( $23.25 )
Seat 1: heels713 ( $42.05 )
my1973tr7 posts small blind [$0.10].
heels713 posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bluntedsc [ 3h 5d ]
Druciferxx folds.
Bluntedsc calls [$0.25].
my1973tr7 raises [$0.40].
heels713 raises [$0.50].
Bluntedsc calls [$0.50].
my1973tr7 calls [$0.25].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4s, 2h, 7d ]
my1973tr7 checks.
heels713 bets [$0.25].
Bluntedsc calls [$0.25].
my1973tr7 calls [$0.25].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
my1973tr7 checks.
heels713 bets [$0.50].
Bluntedsc raises [$2].
my1973tr7 folds.
heels713 calls [$1.50].
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
heels713 bets [$3].
Bluntedsc is all-In [$34.95]
heels713 calls [$31.95].
heels713 shows [ Qs, Ks ] a pair of queens.
Bluntedsc shows [ 3h, 5d ] a straight, three to seven.
Bluntedsc wins $74.90 from the main pot with a straight, three to seven.
Game #4013270611 starts.

Thats my bad beat for the night.
bluntedsc est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:53am   #7
MannyIsGod
Professional

MannyIsGod
Send a message via AIM to MannyIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman1331
AJo is actually a horrible hand to call raises with preflop. What kind of hadns raise prelop? JJ-AA, AQ, and AK make up a damn good percentage of those hands and they all have you dominated.
MannyIsGod est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 12:01pm   #8
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84

Uh, this is at NL SH real money cash games...

I wouldn't call a preflop reraise to begin with holding AJ offsuit, and I wouldn't call an all-in flop bet with no pair or no draw besides a necessary runner, runner. Even if someone looked like they were blatantly trying to buy the pot, I still wouldn't call with AJ, I'm a huge underdog at this point to even a pair of 2's.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:08pm   #9
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84

Uhg.. I seriously don't know what the hell's going on. I feel like I'm playing great, but I'm losing every hand now.

I just made a post a week ago asking about variance and expected profits; I had been running hot for about a month and now it's sick.

Again today I had AA cracked 2 for 2 and QQ cracked 2 for 3. The one QQ I didn't have cracked, everyone folded on the flop.

I've been in games where I've had TPTK or top two pair, and had people calling against terrible odds, I have literally been PUNISHING people who want to draw. Making them pay whole pot bets, 20-30x BB just to see another card, and they keep ****ing calling and keep ****ing hitting. I had one guy today who made 15 straights in 60 minutes. He was playing 75o 64o 98o and would just call me down, I bet a pot sized bet on flop, he calls, I bet 1.5x pot bet on turn, he calls, I either check river and he goes all-in, or I bet again and he raises me all in.

Then I decide if he's going to chase every hand, I'll just push on flop. I have AA, flop comes A57 and he's first, he bets 5xBB I push all-in, he insta-calls with 68o and hits a 9 on the river.

I mean seriously I've lost like 6 buyins this week, maybe one at most can be accounted for some tilt or stupidity but at least 90% of my losses have been to straight up bad luck.

Don't know what to do lol :S

Edit: and so the bad luck continues; from flopping top two pair, pushing all-in on the flop, having an overpair call, and then the board pairing on the river to give them better two pair. Fricken ridiculous.

Edit #2: and now I push all in with ace high straight and board pairs river and guy has boat for the win. All of this **** has happened today.

I'm pretty much playing as best I can and can't catch a break. I don't think I've gotten my money in once as an underdog. 10/10 getting money in as favourite, 0/10 wins by river.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:44pm   #10
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

This just variance unless you are playing at Poker Stars in which case your opponents are playing correctly.

A good player must learn to adjust his play to the table, his individual opponents and to the online site of his choice.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote