THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 19, 2006, 2:49pm   #1
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice
Default Odds defying consecutive hands

Wonder what the odds of this one are- having a great night at a $25 no-limit table and am up over $40 in under 2 hours. Get dealt pocket kings in late position and put out a 5X BB raise. Guy in BB goes all-in for like $12ish. I call, and the BB flips over 7/7. Flop comes 7/8/8 and I get outdrawn. No big deal, it happens, I’m over it.

The very next hand, I get dealt K/K again. Now in mid-position, I raise it to about 6X BB. Everyone behind me folds, and the person I just lost too (in the SB now) goes all-in for $25. Everyone else folds, and its back to me. I think “fantastic, time to get my money back” and call. What does the small blind have? 7/7 again.

I begin to chuckle slightly at the irony of the situation, only to have that chuckle catch in my throat as a 7 comes on the flop. No help comes and my profits for the evening flush away.

After this I sat there in stunned silence, trying to contemplate that we both had the same hand two straight hands, both went all-in before the flop, and the 20% favorite outdrew the 80% both times. Rough. I realize its +EV to play with people like this and I’ve added that person to my buddy list to someday hopefully get that money back.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:02pm   #2
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84

That's kinda crazy, don't usually catch the same hand twice in a row let alone having someone else also catch the same hand twice in a row along with you.

This kinda crap happens though...

I was playing $100NL earlier today, was up about +$200 in an hour, and I get dealt KQ suited.

I fire off a 6x preflop raise, get one caller.

Flop comes KQ2, I bet 10xBB and get a flat caller.
Next card's an A, I bet 25xBB, get flat called.
Next card's another A; which totally screws me, now I only have Aces and Kings. I bet 20xBB or so and the guy calls, I really wasn't sure if he even had an ace considering he called my flop bet.

What's he turn over? A4 offsuit.

He calls my preflop raise with a trash hand, my flop bet with no pair or draw, my turn bet with what is now top pair + terrible kicker, and goes on to win the hand.
b_money84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote