German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:32am   #1
Ozren
Flop Artist

Ozren
Default THE BEST and WORST poker story of all time

Hello all,
This might be one of the best and worst stories you will ever hear about online poker. When I first started playing about 2 years I was just getting used to playing poker on a regular bases and I had hoped to have found a site which I can call home. And I did find a site, Intertopspoker.com, it was a great site very much looked exactly like party poker but without the vibrant colors that made people constantly try to bust you with draws. It was a friday evening, my young bankroll had around 50 dollars in it, which is not great but not horrific. I was going to play a little while before I left to go to a party that friday evening. The session started awfully and I soon was down to a pathetic 10 dollars after playing .5 - 1 dollar blinds no limit games. I started to shut down my computer when I said to myself, nah I might as well try to double up or lose my 10 dollars. And so I sit down at a .25 cent .50 cent blinds no limit table and CLEAN THE TABLE DRY. My account has 51 dollars now and I decide to keep this rush going and move up to 1-2 dollar blinds no limit games. I quickly double up to 102 dollars and everything is looking great. I pick up AK and AQ double's me up again. Then the very next hand I have AA against AK and double up again. I have 423 dollars sitting on the table and I am just on a roll. I start playing aggresive and work the stack up to an amazing 701 dollars. After losing what is now a small 400 dollar pot Im back down to around 500 dollars, and Im very pleased. A couple more blinds around and I decide its time to quit. I have about 456 dollars on the table and Im very proud of what I had done with my 10 dollars in less than 2 hours. The very last hand that I was going to play on this table I find myself in the big blind and that is when it happened.
I have J9 and I have my 2 dollar big blind invested when the table folds around to the small blind who decides to double the big blind. With the pot at 6 dollars I call another 2 dollars to see the flop with good pot odds. The flop is JJQ, in retrospect Im not too excited because I have been so hot for the last hour I have come accustomed to these flops. I lead out and bet after it is checked to me 4 dollars, a smooth call from the small blind. The turn is a JACK, I have four of a kind and I am desperately trying to figure out a way of getting paid off. I decide to check the turn after it was check to me. And the river is a Q, for a board of QJJJQ, and I am holding J9. Again it is checked to me, now Im figuring that this guy has a big hand and I was praying that he had maybe AQ or AA so that he would call any bet I make. On the river I decide, well if this is gonna pay me off Im gonna make it look like a bluff and I move all in, A HUGE over bet. Well be careful what you wish for, because he called instantly, FLIPED OVER QQ and took down $978.49 sized pot. I had turned my 10 dollars into just under 500 within 2 hours, and then saw my gut ripped out of me losing with four of a kind Jacks in texas holdem for close to $1000 dollars. I have yet to be in a pot that big again.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:36am   #2
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

Definently one of the worst TYPED stories on the net. Dude, paragraph breaks are you friends.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 4:39am   #3
MikeDiaz
Doyle Look-alike

MikeDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_kid
Definently one of the worst TYPED stories on the net. Dude, paragraph breaks are you friends.
I tired to read that and almost cried, though some fo my posts are just as bad.
MikeDiaz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:43am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

God, there's only one person on this forum who posts messages that average a greater length than the OP's!!!

And at least I use paragraphs and space it out a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:08am   #5
Ozren
Flop Artist

Ozren
Default Sorry

lol, sorry for the bad writing style, it was my first post, CHILL OUT.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:00am   #6
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozren
lol, sorry for the bad writing style, it was my first post, CHILL OUT.
I just liked being able to point out you post like I do - LONG. I think my first post on here was even longer (but it had some hand histories).

Irony is, of course, this post is far too short for me to make this claim about my posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:10am   #7
Icebreaker16
Doyle Look-alike

Icebreaker16
Send a message via AIM to Icebreaker16
Default ?

Unlike everyone else I am actual gonna talk about the hand. I am trying to figure out why you don't understand that the best hand won? You had quads with one card and he had it with 2. You should have bet hard on the turn. I had the same thing happen to me except I had pocket J's and the other guy had KK.. I flopped quads and he got runner runner k's to beat me for a $700 and something pot. My case and point being if you had QQ and lost to J9 you would be posting "WORSE BEAT EVER ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED".
Icebreaker16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:00pm   #8
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

That's a very convoluted way to lose $10
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:05pm   #9
Ozren
Flop Artist

Ozren

Im aware that I lost to a much superior hand, but the interesting point of the story is that I turned 10 dollars into just under 500. And then lost with quads in texas, which in itself I think everyone would agree is extremely, UNLIKELY. And I also think anyone would have lost all of their money this hand unless they folded preflop. Do you honestly believe that this guy would have folded the nut boat on the turn if I bet hard on it, NO.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 8:22am   #10
kovacs01
Flop Artist

kovacs01
Send a message via AIM to kovacs01

to tell you the truth, i folded a nut boat last week in a live game. i had K-K and the board was K-10-10-10. the guy had been playing tighter than a 4 year old all night, and moved all in when i had him well covered. it was painful, but it wasnt a battle i wanted to lose
kovacs01 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote