THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 02, 2006, 5:50pm   #1
tnose
Fish

tnose
Default worst beat with AA in my hand

I was in a 3 handed game, $0.50/$1.00, and after playing like 3 hours with the same people I saw AA in my BB. other 2 people call the $1 and I raise to 6 bucks. The guy to the left calls, and the other one folds.
FLOP: 3 5 9
I bet $10, he raises to $30. He played very agressive, every hand. so I put him on 9-(highcard). I raise to $100 and he calls imediately.
TURN: 6
I bet $104 (thats all he got left) and after 10 seconds he calls.
he shows 3 5 offsuit
RIVER: K
I lost $210 with AA vs 35o
I couldnt believed my eyes when he showed his 2 pair. I was FURIOUS. HOW CAN SOMEONE CALL A $6 BET WITH 35o!!!???!!!!
My heartbeat was like 200+ hands were sweaty and I felt sick.
He told me that he thougth I was bluffing, and that was why he called the bets.
Some people play rediculous hands on online poker. If I would flop 2 pair and someone re-re-raise a hand, I fold.

If you got a worser BAD BEAT with AA please tell me, cause I can not imagine one

T-NOSE
tnose est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 02, 2006, 6:10pm   #2
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

actually yes...there are beats much worse than this...his hand was about 17% win pf (bad call on his part)...and on the flop you were a 9:1 dog...and an 18:1 dog on the turn...so he voluntarily put $5 in the pot when he was an underdog...and you put $204 into the pot as an underdog...something to think about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnose
Some people play rediculous hands on online poker. If I would flop 2 pair and someone re-re-raise a hand, I fold.
i really hope this isn't true...if you would fold to a rereraise on that flop w/ 2 pair you'd better be damn sure they have a set...as the hand was played out...it's pretty obvious that you have an overpair...the perfect hand to pay off his small 2 pair...his flop raise should have told you "i know you have an overpair, and i can beat it"...i just don't think you listened...

now for the worst badbeat story in history...once i had AA vs KK AI pf... flop comes Axx...turn K...river K...that's poker...at the time i wanted to put my keyboard through the monitor...the less time you take steaming over these types of beats the more you'll improve your play....
Old May 02, 2006, 6:15pm   #3
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

If that was your worst beat, then you got lucky until now. There are way worse beats.

Old May 02, 2006, 6:56pm   #4
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Ouch CBone!

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 7:12pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone
If that was your worst beat, then you got lucky until now. There are way worse beats.
OUCH! But if you think that 1 out rivers are bad... just wait until you take exact runners...

Thanks for informing the OP using far less words than I would have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 7:42pm   #6
pokerpro888
Flop Artist

pokerpro888
Default I had a few

I had 3 bad beats in back to back home tourneys (5 handed) where each time I went in with the lead and ended up going WTF (against the same person no less. My father-in-law who's been playing cards since before I was born. Very loose though.)

Anyway, midway through first tourney of the night, I have a lead on him (by a little). Get AA, raise 3x BB (from SB) in front of him (he's the Big blind) he calls. Flop Qxx. He goes all in, I call knowing he had a pair of q's. He did Q8 I think. He runner-runners Q8.

Very next hand. I have 97s and limp. He calls. Flop is 996. He goes all in , I immediately call. He turns Q6. Again, he makes a full house. Catching a running Q and a 6. I'm out...

Next tourney, it's getting late, we're down to 4 handed, I have a good lead. He says he's tired and doesn't want to keep playing. I get QQ in SB, raise to 3x BB, he goes all in from BB pre-flop. I believe he just wants to get out so I call. He flips 83s. Catches an 8 and a 3 and takes the lead.

Finished that one in second behind him... I could not believe the cards he played and got lucky with. Those were the best reads I've ever had in a game.
pokerpro888 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 9:20pm   #7
Jenkx
Flop Artist

Jenkx
Default Re: I had a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro888
Very next hand. I have 97s and limp. He calls. Flop is 996. He goes all in , I immediately call. He turns Q6. Again, he makes a full house. Catching a running Q and a 6. I'm out...
Don't you win this hand?
Jenkx est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 9:29pm   #8
tstarn06
Fish

tstarn06
Default A bad AA beat

I was playing at the Borgata in AC, 1-2 NL Hold Em (9 players). I had A-A wired under the gun and raised to $10, had five callers before the last guy (big blind) raised to $50. I had about $270 in front of me, he had about $600. I thought about it a minute, and figured I'd put the pressure on, and pushed all my chips in the middle. Everyone folded except a young woman to the raiser's right (in the small blind, but she had $50 left in front of her) and he took 5-7 minutes deciding. He finally made the call with 5-5! She had 9-9.

Well, the flop came 678, blank on the turn and 9 on the river! He caught a straight and she lost with her set of 9s. I didn't mind losing to her, because I had her covered and her call made some sense. His call? After the hand, he said he knew I had AA, but figured since she called, she had AK or AQ, so one of the As was burnt. He figured he had better odds at catching a set of 5s!

I hate those situations where you want a call (an overpair for Christ's sake) and the moron hits a straight or flush holding one card that works. At least if he hits a set, I could even accept that. But a straight? I was stunned, of couse, while everyone at the table shook their heads in disbelief. He had been playing loose all day, and actually beat a KK hand earlier with 3-6 off when he spiked a three on the river (he had called $30 bets all the way down to the river, claiming he called because he put the guy on AK and there was no paint on the board).

Anyone think I should have called his $50 raise and waited to see the flop, then pushed all in or made a substantial bet when all he had was an open-ended straight draw?

No matter how I replay it, I figure he would have called to the river and caught the nine anyway.
tstarn06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 9:42pm   #9
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
I hereby give you CBone's Reaction to that hand

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2006, 9:44pm   #10
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6
Quote:
I hereby give you CBone's Reaction to that hand
Haha, that could be expensive!

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote