THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 05, 2006, 12:32am   #1
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone
Default Unreal

I just participated in the 5K freeroll for loyal players on Pokertime, it's usually around 100 entrants, pretty nice thingie. So, I stay tight, pay attention, all the usual stuff. Now there is that one player, also pretty tight, he bumps it up to 4BB, I have junk and fold, though he gets a few takers. Flop is K82r, he bets from EP, and is raised AI by some other guy. He calls, and turns over KK, the raiser has 88. Ugly situation, huh? Well, the turn is the last 8. Uuuuuuh, nasty! River is the last K.

Ok, so that is one amazing hand, isn't it? But it gets better. Same guy who won with quad K minraises UTG, I reraise from LP with KK, with a few others in between. Flop is K93r, I hit my set! The original raiser bets big, I push AI. He turns over 99. Turn is a 9. River is not a K. I am out, and fucking pissed. I think I just gonna get drunk now. Thanks for reading this, and your sympathy.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 05, 2006, 11:47am   #2
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

You forgot to tell us how it must be rigged.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2006, 2:10pm   #3
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of

It's rigged! RIGGED FOR RAKE!!!!1111
Old May 05, 2006, 10:48pm   #4
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

That sucks, CBone. Rather than jump into my poker is rigged rant with giant capital letters (I love ranting but I'm under caffeinated right now and don't want to fake it) I'll just caution you to not over indulge in the old single malt to drown your sorrows!

(I actually enjoy being in hands like that sometimes, even when I lose. You have to admit, they are amazing.)
Old May 06, 2006, 12:36am   #5
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

That's pretty, uh um....

RIGGED!!!

On a math note, he will suck out on you 1 in 20 times so if you play online poker, you are bound to see this. Though I honestly can't remember the time I was in a hand with flopped set over set.
Old May 06, 2006, 2:19am   #6
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

I was in a hand today with 55.

Flop was Q59.

Turn 6

River7

At showdown, the other two players showed QQ and 99. At least the 4 to a straight on the end saved me a little. But, I agree, it's very rare.
Old May 06, 2006, 2:38am   #7
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

I remember another tourney, where I called a raise from a guy who had me covered with 77, pretty late in the tourney, nearly bubbletime. Flop 752r, I think. Guy in front of me checks, I check, original raiser bets half his stack. Guy in front of me pushes AI, and I go like "WTF?!" and risk self-injury, trying to hit the call button as quickly as possible. Original raiser comes over the top, of course. The guy in EP turns over 55, and the other guy has AA. I check the lobby if I will be new chipleader with all these chips, when the turn is another A. Best part was when the guy with AA started berating us for calling with "rags".

I guess everyone here has heard this theory, that only good players experience bad beats, and rarely deal one, as they can judge better when to fold. I guess there is a lot of truth to it...but still, this is reason for a shitload of frustration. Selective memory is a bitch.
Old May 06, 2006, 2:41am   #8
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone
Thanks for reading this, and your sympathy.
sympathy?

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2006, 10:41am   #9
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6
Default Re: Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchMONEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone
Thanks for reading this, and your sympathy.
sympathy?
Not the care bear anymore huh? Unless it's got very old and stern looking...and lost it's bear-like looks

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2006, 5:49pm   #10
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

It happens to the best of them:

European Poker Tour in Dublin, last five on the FT, first prize 300,000 Euros. Blinds 20K/40K. Hand goes like this:

Fold, Fold, Button raises $120K with A9o, SB calls with 66, Fold

Flop Q67 rainbow. SB checks, Button bets $175K, SB raises all-in for another $200K or so which covers the buttons stack.

Button thinks for a long time then says: "Close your eyes everyone because I can't pass" and pushes his chips in.

Turn 8

River T

What a suck out. And at a live FT as well.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote