THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 19, 2006, 7:28pm   #1
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Smug Players

playing for about 20 minutes no real reads (other than there are a lot of loose-passive players...uh but it's micro limits)

PokerStars Game #4984809186: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2006/05/19 - 13:51:11 (ET)
Table 'Chandra' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: zolaboy ($12.75 in chips)
Seat 2: Fours&Eights ($3 in chips)
Seat 3: jgray0518 ($3.50 in chips)
Seat 4: studboy1 ($9.75 in chips)
Seat 5: JamesT321 ($5.35 in chips)
Seat 6: ZIROCCO ($18.45 in chips)
Seat 7: RobynJoanne ($9.70 in chips)
olymDragon will be allowed to play after the button
zolaboy: posts small blind $0.05
Fours&Eights: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to zolaboy [6h 5h]
Woolie_13 is connected
jgray0518: folds
studboy1: folds
JamesT321: raises $0.10 to $0.20
ZIROCCO: folds
RobynJoanne: folds
zolaboy: calls $0.15
Fours&Eights: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [5d 2h 6s]
Woolie_13 has returned
zolaboy: bets $0.30
Fours&Eights: raises $2.50 to $2.80 and is all-in
JamesT321: folds
JamesT321 leaves the table
zolaboy: calls $2.50
*** TURN *** [5d 2h 6s] [3d]
*** RIVER *** [5d 2h 6s 3d] [2s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
zolaboy: shows [6h 5h] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
Fours&Eights: shows [8h 8s] (two pair, Eights and Deuces)
Fours&Eights collected $5.90 from pot
Fours&Eights is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6.20 | Rake $0.30
Board [5d 2h 6s 3d 2s]
Seat 1: zolaboy (small blind) showed [6h 5h] and lost with two pair, Sixes and Fives
Seat 2: Fours&Eights (big blind) showed [8h 8s] and won ($5.90) with two pair, Eights and Deuces
Seat 3: jgray0518 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: studboy1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JamesT321 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: ZIROCCO folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: RobynJoanne (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

i don't care about the beat...he had almost exactly what i put him on...(i was thinking more 99-jj)...i said "nh" i was really thinking what an asshole for sucking out on me...but i wouldn't say that...he come's back by telling me that i played the hand like a jackass and how could i play 56s OOP and i deserved to lose all of my $$...i wanted to remind him that he put all his $$ as a big dog...but again i controlled myself...

my question is this...does anyone think that this type of asshole behavior is productive at all? i suppose that if you can tilt someone it may be profitable...that is kind of a serious question but mostly i wanted to complain that the guy wasn't close enough to bitch slap...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 19, 2006, 7:43pm   #2
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

There a lot of 'effin idiots out there who seem to be Poker genius' and will inform you how badly you played a hand they just won. That in itself does not bother me I usually never get involved in chat. One thing that annoyed me last night was when I handed someone a BadBeat shorthanded in a STT by calling an all in with bottom 2 pair vs. top 2 pair and catching a FH on the river).

Me: Sorry Mate

Muppet: No your not (his spelling, not mine)

Me: I'm sorry you feel that way

Muppet: I wouldn't be sorry if I was you

Me: Then I guess I have better manners than you

All except muppet: LOL

Why are there so many idiots on the end of the Interweb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 8:04pm   #3
riccohb
Grinder

riccohb

I don't think there's anything productive about being an arsehole in the chat box. I read somewhere that the last thing you should do when someone makes a bad move is point it out to them, because you want them to do it again. (Not that I'm saying you made a bad move, Zolaboy, I'm just talking in general). I can't remember where I read it, but it also said things like 'don't discuss strategy with bad players, because you don't want them to know there is a strategy.'

I've played a few different levels, and I usually find that the higher the level the fewer the arseholes. People at lower levels get annoyed and start throwing insults around because they don't really understand the game. The bastards.
riccohb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 8:44pm   #4
gorckat
Brunson

gorckat

My big suckout that made me feel bad last night was calling an all-in in a STT with ATo versus TT.

Flop: ATx
Turn: A
River: A

I felt bad for a minute, but then thought it was pretty cool to hit a runner-runner quad.
gorckat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 8:49pm   #5
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorckat
My big suckout that made me feel bad last night was calling an all-in in a STT with ATo versus TT.

Flop: ATx
Turn: A
River: A

I felt bad for a minute, but then thought it was pretty cool to hit a runner-runner quad.
If luck really evens out in the long run, I expect to have about a trillion of these situations coming up in my future OMGIWHINEALOTLOL
Old May 20, 2006, 1:13am   #6
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

I've been known to be a bit of a firebrand as far as chat is concerned. Sometimes I'm friendly as can be, sometimes (after a particularly bad beat late in some tourney) I can be a total prick.

Generally I try and have fun with the chat. I laugh a lot, say silly things. Just something to get through the monotony.(that's a lot of o's, sp?).

If someone makes a huge mistake, instead of saying "what a donk / how can you make that play / etc." I'll more likely say something like "that was fucking hilarious!!! / JT is fucking bomb!"
Old May 20, 2006, 4:53am   #7
gorckat
Brunson

gorckat

When 666 flops, I usually post something like: Paging Mr Satan, Mr Satan you have a call holding on the flop...
gorckat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 5:02am   #8
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Earlier today I was playing a shorthanded limit hold em mtt and some guy took a beat and went so far as to drop the "N" bomb. I'm incredibly anti-racist so it really pissed me off. I e-mailed support and within ten minutes his chat priveliges were gone. Unfortunately...I implicated myself in the process. They read the whole chat log when it's reported, and I had earlier dropped an "F" bomb. I only got a warning though...
Old May 20, 2006, 6:55am   #9
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I can be a dick in the chat, too. One thing I regularly do is abuse the calling stations.

I don't coach them, or tell them they make "incorrect plays," I just try to get under their skin by saying things like "your 4-9 is no good here."

Also, when they inevitably bust, I pretty much always say "rebuy, please."

It sometimes envokes a personal response from them, and it encourages to play even worse.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:08pm   #10
Jimmy Dodger
Fish

Jimmy Dodger

I think its only worth being abusive in the chat box if you think its going to do yous ome good. Last night playing in $1 MTT- (I was bored). One guy had fished his way up to 26k chips when the average stack was about 2.5. He was being a knob and I told him so. At which point he promised to put me all in on any hand I played. I sat back and waited for decent hands and he doubled me up twice.
I then gave him abuse at every hand he lost - about how he was pissing his chips away. Within about 10 hands he had lost it all. Unfortunately none of his chips fell in front of me, but I stil felt it was ajob well done.