THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:07am   #1
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough
Default $5.50 SnG tactics on stars

Does anyone agree with this description of a $5.50 SnG:

You play tightish (according to position) aggressive for the first 30 minutes till the blinds hit 50/100.

Steal when you can after this point, bet for value with decent holdings and flop hits. If there's 5 players left, a single blind steal every 5 hands keeps you afloat till you hit or put a short stack all in.

The most important bit is the inevitable 'double up' required during the 50/100 or 75/150. There will come a hand where you and another player, with half decent holdings, are all in pre or post flop. The outcome of this decides whether you hit the money or not. If you lose you're crippled or out, if you win you can bubble bully as chip leader or joint chip leader.

Is this a fairly accurate depiction of a 60 minute $5.50 NL SnG?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:14am   #2
rcb17
Grinder

rcb17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcb17 Send a message via Skype™ to rcb17

Yeah that's pretty much a standard route for it, though I've played a lot of SnG's where everyone was tight as a drum for well past the 75/150 mark. But with few exceptions, getting ITM has seemed to come down to being on the right side of that one big hand.
rcb17 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:18am   #3
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

sounds about right...1 thing you missed tho...don't piss away all of your chips w/ the nut flush on a two paired board! you were in the right being judgemental about that hand aces...my name is Zola...and i'm a donkaholic...
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:56am   #4
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't say donkaholic dude!

Granted there was 2 pair on the board and a player to act after you but an ace high, or smaller pair could've made the same bet that guy did.

You're not gonna fold the nut flush, no-one would.

Calling his bet left you effectively crippled, it was an all or nothing hand from where i was sitting
Old Jun 14, 2006, 1:04am   #5
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces
You're not gonna fold the nut flush, no-one would.

Calling his bet left you effectively crippled, it was an all or nothing hand from where i was sitting
in all reality i should have folded and if he had bet 500 or 600 i would have...his push indicated (to me at least) that he didn't want either of us to call...i figured A high getting squirrelly or a smaller flush...i figured shortstack to act after me for the FH (and i was correct) but i didn't think that this guy would have made the play he did w/ that hand...obviously my read was a bit off...not too bad though
Old Jun 14, 2006, 1:44am   #6
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Truely out-standing bubble play in that SnG zola. Honestly one of the best i've seen
Old Jun 14, 2006, 1:52am   #7
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

thanks man...and i fought back from 363 chips w/ blinds at 50/100 w/ six left...thanks for the rail...