THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:18am   #1
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about
Default this is what I hate

I'm sick of people limping in with the nuts then re-raising.

that's it.
mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:17pm   #2
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Would you rather they proclaimed to all that they had the nuts? If you don't have the nuts then why are you betting? You said they are "re-raising." Just call instead of trying to steal the pot and it will happen to you less.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:15pm   #3
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

I'm sick to DEATH of people at the lower stakes checking to you, and then when you bet, they're sat there with their finger hovering over the mouse button to call as quickly as you bet. It's retarded its like okay i dont have top pair but i'm gonna call ANY bet you make to make it look like i'm a calling station.

'Okay buddy you do that, by the way thanks for the unbelievably simple read and your chips'
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:08am   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I really dont care how people play. Ill try to adapt the best I can and Ill take advantage of it.
They can do whatever they want with their cash, same as you
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:13am   #5
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo
Send a message via AIM to oojoe24oo

poker is gay, i like checkers
oojoe24oo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:58am   #6
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil
Why? Would you rather they proclaimed to all that they had the nuts? If you don't have the nuts then why are you betting? You said they are "re-raising." Just call instead of trying to steal the pot and it will happen to you less.
If I raise and someone re-raises me, that's poker. But I hate when people limp in then when you raise they re-raise allin or 20-30x the blind.

For example, I have AK and raise 4x the blind on the button, asshole to the right of me re-raises 15x the blind.
I'm thinking two things here
1) he limped in with AA,KK,QQ and waited for a raise.
2) he's trying to steal because I play tight/aggressive but haven't been able to show my aggressive side yet.

Last night I had this happen, the player was playing almost every hand and he had half the buy in left, he pulled this shit on me with QQ after I raised with AK. I went allin, and he flopped trips. I usually don't put much faith in AK but in this case I figured he saw me playing tight and thought I would fold.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:01pm   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Get out of the kiddie games and poker starts to resemble more of what everyone is talking about on this site. Nobody gives a hoot about a few bucks in low stakes poker games. Some people even play recklessly at mid-stakes as well. How can you expect predictable, world-class play from $.10-$.25NL?

We all have jumped into a game with a little extra cash and made some crazy calls without worrying about losing our small investment. It's the games where we are wondering if we should even be in it for such big money that we play smart and diciplined poker. What good is a bad-beat story from a micro-limit table? I'll call everything at those stakes. Why not? Unless I have a 0% chance of winning I'll throw a dime on it. I'm obviously there for fun and not to make money. Sure I'd like to win but any losses at micro-limits can be made up with one bet at a real table, right?

If lower limits are your thing then, by all means, keep working at it. Just understand that anyone with a significant bankroll will have no problem calling you, thereby incresing your bad beat stories exponentially. I don't suggest playing above your comfort zone, but the more expensive poker gets the more stable and predictable it becomes. This is of course all relative, as what I consider a big game is small time to others.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:25pm   #8
Johnnyballs19
Brunson

Johnnyballs19

Would you rather no raise and just a call?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:06am   #9
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

Axis of Evil,
did I say what limit I was playing in? Did I mention anything about a bad beat story? I'm just simply stating a play at the table that pisses me off. Someone can easily do this at any limit.

Also, playing higher stakes doesn't change anything. Your going to have the same donks at 100/200 NL that you will at .10/.25 NL. Just because somone has a bigger BR to play with doesn't make them a better player.

If a guy has $100 and playing .10/.25 like a donk, imagine if he had $100,000 and played a higher limit.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 12:55am   #10
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojoe24oo View Post
poker is gay, i like checkers
So do I actually. Play Yahoo! checkers sometime? I'll own you.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote