THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 01, 2006, 12:24pm   #11
Lovell77
Flop Artist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 70
Reputation: 10
Lovell77 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hu sng's aren't very high variance, if you knew your winrate you could get some idea of what kind of downswings to expect. Say you have something like a 60% winrate, the chance of you losing a game would be 40%, so the chance of you losing 5 in a row would be about 1% (.4x.4x.4x.4x.4).

So you don't really need that big a roll, the idea of bankrolls are mostly pointless anyway, it's just there to make you feel better. Play with what you've got, if it starts to go down more than your comfortable with, drop down, if you think it's shooting up, raise the stakes.

If your bankroll's something like $20 dollars and your worried about bankroll management, your just cheap.
Lovell77 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:46pm   #12
Eaglesfan
Grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 654
Reputation: 0
Eaglesfan
Default

By the way by my earlier post I ment how comfterbale are you in your stake. I could see 20 If you were having consistent huge succes to 80 if you wanted to work on your game
__________________
cetacean wrote:
Air is rigged!
Eaglesfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:30am   #13
theonlythree
aka 3
 
theonlythree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,601
Reputation: 23
theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is the answer to every bankroll question:

What you are comfortable with.

Just experiment for a while, and you should be fine. Personally, I don't play any tournaments regularly unless I have over 100 buy-ins. If I feel like taking a chance, I'll play whatever is 5% of my roll. I will only do that on rare occassions, though. I Played a $20 HUSNG on Friday and I won. woohoo!
__________________
Why the "it will take so long"-attitude? You'll be playing poker. I suppose you enjoy that, right?
theonlythree est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2006, 2:06am   #14
Frogboy4L
spewing station
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fading the flush draw
Posts: 1,497
Reputation: 0
Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L
Default

Quote:
Hu sng's aren't very high variance
I've found the opposite to be true.
__________________
Blogging again, updated frequently. Annotations of spew:

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:56pm   #15
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy
 
BubbleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BubbleBoy
Posts: 11,484
Reputation: 28914
BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
I've found the opposite to be true.
so?

well I played something like 30 HU sngs and it was pretty strange

within the first 9, i won 6, so thats ok
the next 14, i won 12, pretty awesome
last 7 i only won 1, dam. so I stopped this HU- thingy

(still 19 out of 30, but ireally lost confidence...)
__________________

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:22am   #16
wDawks
Brunson
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 148
Reputation: 0
wDawks
Send a message via AIM to wDawks
Default

if you're trying to play HU sng...you should be better than your competition at whatever stake you choose....I'd say 15-20 buy-ins is good....HU though, if you're playing you gotta be winning....there is no "I kinda beat the 10$HU game" you have to atleast win 60% of your matches....
__________________
If luck didn't count, I'd never win.
wDawks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:03am   #17
ryanb9
Grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 800
Reputation: 10
ryanb9 is on a distinguished road
Default

I hate HU I have been avoiding it for sooooo long now b/c It's like an entire different game. It scares me... pluss..... if I ever need the skill.... ill just take second lol
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:30pm   #18
benthfc
Flop Artist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Reputation: 10
benthfc is on a distinguished road
Default

how come so many more buy ins for the greater stakes?
benthfc est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2007, 7:47pm   #19
staphros
Wolf Game LVP
 
staphros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Castle Donkenstein
Posts: 6,882
Reputation: 1865
staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default

HU is a must for SNG skills plus MTT if your skeptix.

Variance can be high in HU short term - but it quickly converges IMO compared to cash and SNG.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPartyAce
fold, so they respekt your checks ...
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:35am   #20
Insatiable36
Doyle Look-alike
 
Insatiable36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 310
Reputation: 10
Insatiable36 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthfc View Post
how come so many more buy ins for the greater stakes?

Wasn't that sarcasme?
Insatiable36 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 2:18am. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.