icefish
Brunson

icefish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
fr 300BB
sh 450BB
hu 1000BB
At 300BB FR Low Stakes, there's still more than a 5% chance you go bust on variance alone according to some data I've seen. Hence, if you have no other source of income (edit: and are unwilling to move down), you need a bigger BR. Furthermore, if you play worse on a downswing, you need a much bigger BR.

I haven't seen data for SH and HU.

Last edited by icefish; Jan 13, 2007 at 12:30pm.
icefish est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 14, 2007, 7:01pm   #22
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefish View Post
At 300BB FR Low Stakes, there's still more than a 5% chance you go bust on variance alone according to some data I've seen.
true. I have had a 70BB downswing in one session once. 300 isnt far off.

I personally like this more general approach for br management.

Every bet you make or buyin you pay should only have an impact on your total br that is so small that it doesnt really affect your br at all.

that means, when you have a br of 3000$ and make a bet of 10$, it has a small but noticeable impact. 3010$ or 2990$ is quite a difference. so I wouldnt wanna play 5/10$ with only 3k br. 3/6$ looks more appropiate. For sitngos you shouldnt judge based on the size of the buyin, but compare your br to the money the top 5% of the tourny wins. eg in a 10$ tourny with 300 entrants rank 15 wins 60$. if 60$ is a lot compared to your br (meaning if you lose it you would feel uncomfortable) than you shouldnt play the 10$ tourny.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote