THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 02, 2006, 9:19pm   #1

I have been playing online poker most everyday now for 3 years.....thats THREE YEARS !!.......I have played most all sites & read most all books - even Barry's "Ace on the River"....I have played over 700 online trny's -mainly at UltimateBet.com......I don't have huge bankrolls at any given time,so I have mainly play from .02 cent tables to 2-4 dollar NL( $.025-.050 ) -being my main stakes.....Out of the 700+ trny's , I have won 1...... I am a TOTAL LOSER in all games & trny's. . . I have takin MULTIBLE suk-outs on every table i've played.....I am down approx.$4-5,000.00 in the 3 years of torture , I DO KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER !!.....But I am being totally beat up by draw-outs ( where I'm in with the best hand ) - I will be all-in with the best hand 90% of the time too...I'm not an idiot . . . here's 1 example - I was in a trny (sunday night $200+15)- I won the seat thru a 3 dollar rebuy at Ultimate Bet....I was up against "KrazyKanuck" Late in the trny, I had QQ...he had KJ os...he raised - I took him all-in.....flop was 5 9 2....turn came a Jack....The River card "PAUSED" & kinda blinked & it was a King----- HAHA---ya sure !!....( I did make in the money , but this trny paid $34K for 1st place & all I got was a bad beat & $155.00 - which bites !! -).....I have dealt with this kinda stuff every day forever now & I don't know what to do with it... its not just a bad beat now & then ( which I can take )....its the fact that I can never leave a table with any profit due to the beats I've takin.......I've had AA or KK & some little girl or grandma "without a clue" chases a rag flush , no matter what or how I bet & then when the hands over & I've lost ...She says "Wheeew" I was sure sweat'n there ???--- WTF---Is there any way to EVER win a dollar online ? ......I want to totally give up & go away !!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 02, 2006, 9:29pm   #2
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: Sad & Poker Lost !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1
......I want to totally give up & go away !!
maybe this is a good idea...without posting any HH or PT stats it's impossible to tell if you really are "playing correctly" but i, and many posters here, can attest to the fact that most games online are beatable. yes bad beats are annoying but they happen to everyone...check out the WSOP section for my latest and greatest beat...but the fact is if you really put your money is as a favorite "90% of the time" you'll win...my guess is that this is a case of selective memory...you remember all of the "bad beats" but forget about the time you pushed 2 pair into a four-flushed board...if you're really interested in improving, read some of the strategy articles on this site...post some interesting/confusing/tough decision hands and try to get better...if you're only looking to complain and for a sympathetic shoulder to cry on...no one cares
Old Aug 02, 2006, 9:45pm   #3

I realize what "Care & Sympathy" in the Poker Realm is worth.........I'm always looking & trying to get better , I have played to poker perfection & still lose....I have played against Phil Hellmuth , Annie , KrazyKanuck ,Antonio & others at lower stakes online rings...They win - I lose...... O yes , I can build up a stack & play very tight/aggressive & i do have Patience , but in the end - I will always take a bad beat from a " no clue" player & there goes my stack.....There is absolutely no way to win at online poker !!....at least I'm here to tell you this....
Old Aug 02, 2006, 10:11pm   #4
Joe4pal
Flop Artist

Joe4pal

You've basically said your a bad poker player and now your telling people who make money online playing here that it's impossible?
Joe4pal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2006, 10:21pm   #5
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Care & Sympathy......

Quote:
I have played against Phil Hellmuth , Annie , KrazyKanuck ,Antonio & others at lower stakes online rings...
So let me get this straight.

You've been playing poker for 3 years and have locked horns with the best in the business.

You're only down about $4-5K which at that level isn't very much. We've a forum member lose and win $10K in a week.

If you are good enough to just about hold your own against the best poker players the sport has to offer, and only end up a couple or grand down then you can easily beat lower stake games.

Anybody whose played poker for 3 years and has played against the best poker players in the world is a winning player at some level. Whether it's the 1/2 or 20/40.
Old Aug 02, 2006, 11:29pm   #6
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Skid 1, my best advice is to quit playing. You have studied and played a lot and still lose, it is time to move on.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 4:13am   #7
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Obviously he doesnt currently have a sound mental state to play a game that can get quite frustrating. Reading his post I picture a crazed maniac smashing keys and spewing bile all of his monitor.

Calm down at the table dude, slow down and take the time to think about what you are doing and why you are doing it. If you throw chips around anything close to the way you post messages, I can see why you are losing money. No offense, I'm serious. The game is much easier to play when you chill out a little.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 7:39pm   #8
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Skid 1, my best advice is to quit playing. You have studied and played a lot and still lose, it is time to move on.
Anyone can become a winning player with enough work a practice. I think since the poker boom (thanks Moneymaker) this statement is true. That being said no one is unlucky for 3 years, so if you have put in the work and are still losing then maybe I am wrong and poker is not for you.

Quote:
I will be all-in with the best hand 90% of the time too.
You are only 10% behind Phil Helmuth

Quote:
Is there any way to EVER win a dollar online ?
Check out my BET post.

Quote:
I have played to poker perfection & still lose
Phil is this you playing around?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 8:37pm   #9
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

guess i time-traveled and post under a new account or something :-(

little simpathy here from me, i really cant stand a lot more of this too ..

i m taking the calm down attempt finally. trying to quit as soon as i feel i m getting too upset etc.

we ll see.
Old Aug 03, 2006, 9:08pm   #10
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default Re: Sad & Poker Lost !!

Quote:
I DO KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER !!.....But I am being totally beat up by draw-outs ( where I'm in with the best hand ) - I will be all-in with the best hand 90% of the time too...I'm not an idiot . .
He will always be a losing player as long this is his attitude. You cannot become a winner if you always think you are playing great poker. When you realize you suck, then you can really improve (not just directed at him, me too).
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote