THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:07am   #1

Default hey sorry i brought up the subject....

Just tellin me to Fuk Off is rude & no help at all..........I am a genuine poker player for 10 yrs.........I'm just a loser-----I'm sure you've heard of winners & LOSERS , Right ??..........I'm just here to get any help I can from the Winners Circle........but if all you got is a FUK OFF to me , then I'm sorry I ever came here......I can get that crap at any online table at any hour !!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:09am   #2

Well it was a terrible experience & I'm done !!

Well it is the next day now & I'm NOT DONE.......still fueling the addiction !!
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:14am   #3
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Sorry about that, i've adjusted my response. And you said you'd been playing for 3 years not 10 years. If you didn't figure out you were a losing player in 10 years then maybe you should just look at it as a hobby. At least then it wont cost you so much. Enter a cheap $1.10 MTT once a day like i do. It's a couple of hours fun/serious learn time. And it pays off once in a while.
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:49am   #4
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

I should perhaps have been less blunt with you, but from what I can tell you don´t get much enjoyment from poker, and as you are not making money on it either then poker is not good to you.

I understand that you really want to be a good poker player, but the advice we can give is pretty much the same as what you have already read in your books.

You have to be a little crazy to become good at poker. All the brains in the world is no good either if you easily get emotional at the table.

I suspect you are a fairly intelligent guy who has a tendency to tilt when running into bad beats. Some people get used to bad beats after awhile, but others don´t.

I am not saying you are too stupid to play poker for a good profit or anything, your personality is just not the best for poker playing, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am incompetent at simple tasks like putting up a shelf or hammering nails and I play soccer like a little girl, but it is ok because I am ok at other stuff. There is nothing wrong with not being good at a particular thing.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:11am   #5

I said I have played 3 years online almost daily..........I have played NL Hold-Em on & off for 10 years............all at a total loss !!...........I'm just looking for some new tactics , cause I can't take much more..........And if this "Forum" is for nothing but Winning Pro Poker Players with rude comments.........THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE A BEGINNERS CORNER ??
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:19am   #6
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: years playing poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1
I said I have played 3 years online almost daily..........I have played NL Hold-Em on & off for 10 years............all at a total loss !!...........I'm just looking for some new tactics , cause I can't take much more..........And if this "Forum" is for nothing but Winning Pro Poker Players with rude comments.........THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE A BEGINNERS CORNER ??
well first of all...no one who has responded to your post claims to be a pro...however you stated that it's impossible to win at online poker...i contested that it is indeed possible...and many will agree with this...

we have a beginner's corner so that beginners can post basic strategy questions and improve their play...you've not done this...you hopped on stated you were a seasoned veteran who's played with some of the highest stakes pros in the world...but you continue to lose...and you're a surprised that you were met with hostility?

i'm not posting this to be argumentative at all, however it seems as though you're looking for a magic pill that will make bad beats stop happening and cause to to finally make "the income your talent deserves" or something...frankly it doesn't exist...you say you have a solid understanding about the basics of poker, i can promise you, that is all you need to beat the level of games that you're talking about...that's about as much help as anyone can offer you...
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:19am   #7

Thanks for the adjusted comments.....I just need help is all !!
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:30am   #8

The only way that I have had the "Honor" of playing with Hellmuth & Annie etc. is because they play at UltimateBet.com & i was fortunate to get on a table with them.............If nothing else comes from Poker for me - At least I have my Framed Hand History where I took down Phil for a decent pot one evening !!.............Its tuff out here !!
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:35am   #9
MuyTheRat
Grinder

MuyTheRat
Send a message via AIM to MuyTheRat

Skid, if you need help, I suggest posting questions or problems you need help with. Simply making a statement about how much you've lost and how long you've played means nothing. You said you read all the books, but did you understand them? I mean I can't see how someone with a extensive knowlege of poker as gained from 10 years experince and all the books that have been written cannot beat low stakes online games. I would suggest posting problem hands and other issues you've had, other then bad beats. Variance shouldn't last for 3 years of play, so its not bad beats costing you $5000.
MuyTheRat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 1:44am   #10

As i was posting my last post i was also playing a $5.50 SNG at UltimatBet...............OK 4 players left out of 10......I'm button - I have KK and I make 4x blind raise.........other player re-raises me to all-in ( approx. same chip count both of us - I'm 700 chips over him ).........I call his All-In........He has AK os...... OK I thought I got KK surely I can win this........The flop is 5 8 3........turn is 4......river is a 2...I lose once again........this just happened online , as I am posting this...........THIS IS MY POKER CAREER IN A NUTSHELL...........I did fight back to finish 3rd