THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Aug 03, 2006, 2:49am   #11
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: OK I will . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1
As i was posting my last post i was also playing a $5.50 SNG at UltimatBet...............OK 4 players left out of 10......I'm button - I have KK and I make 4x blind raise.........other player re-raises me to all-in ( approx. same chip count both of us - I'm 700 chips over him ).........I call his All-In........He has AK os...... OK I thought I got KK surely I can win this........The flop is 5 8 3........turn is 4......river is a 2...I lose once again........this just happened online , as I am posting this...........THIS IS MY POKER CAREER IN A NUTSHELL...........I did fight back to finish 3rd

um...so what:

Holdem Hi: 1712304 enumerated boards
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Kc Ad 506801 29.60 1191993 69.61 13510 0.79 0.300
Ks Kh 1191993 69.61 506801 29.60 13510 0.79 0.700

if you play that exact scenario 100 times (as i'm sure you would have in a 3 year online career) you'll lose 30 of them...we all go thru this...posting a bad beat is not what MuyTheRat was talking about...if you're truly interested in improving you're game you'll post hand histories of hands where you are not sure if YOU made the right decision...no one does every single time...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 03, 2006, 2:52am   #12

And yes , I have been taking these kind of beats for 3 solid years online.........Thats no joke either.........I didn't come here to whine about a bad beat.......I do not cry about poker !!...........I am a gambler & I am losing no matter how I play...........Thats it !!
Old Aug 03, 2006, 2:59am   #13

Hey, Thanks for your input........I don't know what to do now, but just give it up , because one person can take only so much .......gl 2 ya all
Old Aug 03, 2006, 2:59am   #14
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: Yes I can lose for 3 yrs

Quote:
And yes , I have been taking these kind of beats for 3 solid years online.........Thats no joke either.........I didn't come here to whine about a bad beat.......I do not cry about poker !!...........I am a gambler & I am losing no matter how I play...........Thats it !!
alright i've tried to help...now i'm done with this thread...you're not going to convince me that your luck is worse than mine or anyone else's the laws of probability apply to you as well as anyone else...all you've done since you registered is complained about how "bad beats" are preventing you from profitting...it's just not possible...
Old Aug 03, 2006, 3:01am   #15
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yes I can lose for 3 yrs

Quote:
I am a gambler & I am losing no matter how I play...........Thats it !!
You're answering your own questions with this statement dude. Stop playing, take up golf, and leave the poker to the weekends maybe. If after 3-10 years you can't beat micro stakes poker then you never ever will and it's as simple and as abrupt as that. Sorry man.
Old Aug 03, 2006, 4:58am   #16
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Haha, I'm glad I decided to open up this little gem.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 5:04am   #17
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

And for what it's worth, I'll attempt to respond.

If you have been a losing player for 10 yrs, then you havent been evaluating yourself. You should be looking for holes, find out where the money is spewing out of your pockets. Um, thats all I got.

The replies you received would have probably been a little more helpful if you took the time to add one ounce of detail to your post. How can anyone give you "new tactics" or offer any advice if no one has a clue what your flaws might be or what level your game is at.

Are you a losing player at .01/.02 full table ring NL games or a losing player at $200/$400 heads up? Are you a losing player at cash games or tournaments? Do you tilt? Can you not manage money? Do you not know what hand beats what? At least give us something.

That's probably the problem with your game. You dont take the time to think out your plays and actually analyze what you are doing. You make quick, illogical decisions....quite similar to your post.

And no I'm not being rude at all, I hope you take the time to think about your game and come back here with some details as to what you feel your weaknesses are so we might be able to help you out.

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 7:45am   #18
MuyTheRat
Grinder

MuyTheRat
Send a message via AIM to MuyTheRat

Quote:
That's probably the problem with your game. You dont take the time to think out your plays and actually analyze what you are doing. You make quick, illogical decisions....quite similar to your post.
See its those types of people reading skills that make Hustlr own at poker. I'm actually pretty serious in that statement, its really impressive and something I didn't get, i just thought the guy was dense.

Hustlr, what do my posts say about my game?
MuyTheRat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 8:45pm   #19
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See its those types of people reading skills that make Hustlr own at poker. I'm actually pretty serious in that statement, its really impressive and something I didn't get, i just thought the guy was dense.

Hustlr, what do my posts say about my game?
That your a lover not a fighter.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 8:59pm   #20
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Yeah i agree. That people like you too. You're a likeable fello.