THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Aug 03, 2006, 9:51pm   #21

Default Ok , A more detailed post from me Skid 1

I mainly play at UltimateBet.com at $.025 - .050 rings , up to $1-$2.....I also play $5.00 - 30.00 trny's....I play alot of SNG's $5+50 to $20.00 -almost daily

I have played seriously online for 3 straight years-( I've played NL Hold-Em ) since 1972....mainly played alot in the last 10 years though-on & off line.

I have read & studied almost every book , magazine , and poker website out there - I have Phil's DVD's...I have Cairo's DVD's...I have Brunson's Bible.

I have played the game of NL Hold-Em to perfection over & over again...I have raised- re-raised - bluffed - slow-played - trapped - and took em all-in time & time again , and as I said in yesterdays posts... I still come out the "Loser".....I am not here to pull a leg - But I have been in with the best hand close to 90% of the time ( I NEVER & I MEAN NEVER GO ALL -IN ON A DRAW )---& still lose to draw outs.......I have been called by idiots with gut shot miracles to take down my AA, AK, KK,QQ etc.............I feel as if I am playing against the masters of suk outs "Tuan Li or Toto Leanidas"... every time I sit down at a table.

I have played for approx. 3 hrs today ( Aug 4th )....I have had QQ beat bad by K-10 os....KK beat bad by 7-9 str8.....AA beat by QQ & the first card out on the flop was a Q.........I have lost 3 sng's & 2 out of three of those I was deep into the game & all- in with the best hand & lost to a draw.......I did win 1 sng today .......I have played about 2 hours in rings also & have lost there too........No matter what amount I bet or How I bet it , If they have a draw ( even a gut shot ) they will call.....and I lose those races most of the time......right now I am not playing poker , but I will be back on tonight to Play my Beloved Game..I'm fueling the addiction as you can surely understand.

As I said before , I am not here to "Whine" about any bad beats....Cause if I were here for that ----This site would have to EXPAND !!..........I do have a wife for any whining I need to do.......I am just baffled by the fact that I cannot seem to profit or break-even at the poker tables....all along the while, as I watch players with absolutely no clue as to the "RAGS" they are playing & even what they are doing at a poker table get rewarded for idiot play.

Yes I have been told that in the "long run" that I really want these idiots at the table & in the "long run" I will reap huge profits.......but I have this 1 question-----How long is the "long run"...5 years ,10 ,maybe even 20 years I don't know if I got in me to last the "long run" then.

Here are some of my stats :
700+online tournaments = 1 win
700+online tournaments = 8 final tables
3 solid years online ring games = down 4-5K
2000 online Sit & Go's = drain of my bank acct.
3 solid years of online poker = 1 withdraw of cash (500.00)

If you people that read & respond to my posts think that I am just an idiot with nothing to do , then you are wrong, I am trying to win at poker & I am finding that it is close to impossible to win at online poker sites, simply because of this 1 fact.....you can build your stack patiently & to perfection for 2 1/2 hours & lose it all in 4 seconds to grampa jones on a crazy miracle draw......And That is What I have Been Living for 3 Years Runnin !!

I will post some of my hand histories soon so you can be a witness to the fact at hand..............Skid 1

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 03, 2006, 10:03pm   #22
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Dude please don't post bad beats coz they'll be ignored. I think we've found the root of the problem and it's not that you're a bad player.

It seems every single poker site you've ever played on has been out to get you since day one. It's the only logical explination. I am in no doubt whatsoever that there are many poor unfortunate souls such as yourself that have to suffer this criminal injustice so that players like me and a very very select few others can make money.

I suggest what you do is take it to the courts. Get a high priced lawyer with the money you'll have saved from not playing on these websites that are so blatently ripping you off and sue them. I think i speak for everyone hear when i say you have a water-tight case here with a possible lucrative million pound pay-off.

I feel for you brother i really do. It must be rough having the whole poker system against you but fight back man. Fight the system and you truely will find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Old Aug 03, 2006, 10:06pm   #23
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ok , A more detailed post from me Skid 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1
I NEVER & I MEAN NEVER GO ALL -IN ON A DRAW
This is a mistake. Semi-bluffing (all-in when you have so few chips that you would call an all-in raise/re-raise) with a draw is often profitable.

Calling all-ins when you have the odds to draw is also profitable (it is harder to determine if you have odds to draw in tournaments because of the different- and changing value of current chips and future chips).
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 10:08pm   #24
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

To be honest I think it's UB. I've never seen so many runner runners, bad beats etc since I started playing there a couple of weeks ago.

That said, variance does even out in the long run. Most of the guys on here are 'winning' players. By that I mean maybe they don't make a living but have built a tidy BR and now play for free at whatever stakes they are BR'd for (myself included for low stakes SnGs) and some even make a living or at least are semi pro.

I think you must be doing something wrong to be a consistent loser at low stakes Poker, it really isn't that difficult.

Bad beat bleating should be kept for the Poker Stories forum but to be honest I don't think too many folks on here pay too much attention to that section of this site.

Please post a few hands and folks will be happy to give you some advice, we all have BBs. I've got so much good advice on this forum since I joined, people are happy to share.

GL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 11:20pm   #25
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default Re: Ok , A more detailed post from me Skid 1

I believe you when you say you really want to improve and you are serious about becoming a winning player, but man, you have got to stop thinking you are playing perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1
I have played the game of NL Hold-Em to perfection over & over again...
Please stop saying that, it's killing me

Watch some of the videos on this site and see what you think. None of us are world class players, but it cant hurt.
http://www.pokertips.org/videos/videos.php

And in the meantime, give us some hand histories for kicks. Hands that you win, you lose, ones you think you played great and ones you think you messed up.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 12:48am   #26
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Please don't take this the wrong way Skid. I hate to ever bring up this subject but by reading this post I noticed that you may be developing some symptoms of a compulsive gambler.

You may want to try playing free money games and study your play. You might also want to check out www.gamblersanonymous.org/ before you continue to play with real money.

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 7:18am   #27
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyTheRat
Hustlr, what do my posts say about my game?
You are the opposite of our friend skidmark. You are borderline anal, over analyzing situations which can sometimes lead to second guessing yourself. You play better than your opponents when at a comfortable level, but play scared and timid when over your head. You pay attention to details. You have no problem asking anyone for advice and therefore will likely succeed in improving your game.

You also like to help other people but not at the table. You are a nice guy but there to take their money. You are a serious player, playing to win money. You probably take good stats and like to throw up a winning session when you can, not one for playing too long and losing all your profit back. I would expect you to possibly tighten up when you are ahead for the session but not too far above even.

You are aggressive but probably better at ring games rather than tournaments. You arent really a huge gambler, so I wouldnt excpect any big elaborate bluffs coming from your direction. I would respect your big bets for the most, knowing that you are risk adverse and unlikely to throw too many chips in the pot in a reckless manner.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 7:38am   #28
The_Ronin
Grinder

The_Ronin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyTheRat
Hustlr, what do my posts say about my game?
You are the opposite of our friend skidmark. You are borderline anal, over analyzing situations which can sometimes lead to second guessing yourself. You play better than your opponents when at a comfortable level, but play scared and timid when over your head. You pay attention to details. You have no problem asking anyone for advice and therefore will likely succeed in improving your game.

You also like to help other people but not at the table. You are a nice guy but there to take their money. You are a serious player, playing to win money. You probably take good stats and like to throw up a winning session when you can, not one for playing too long and losing all your profit back. I would expect you to possibly tighten up when you are ahead for the session but not too far above even.

You are aggressive but probably better at ring games rather than tournaments. You arent really a huge gambler, so I wouldnt excpect any big elaborate bluffs coming from your direction. I would respect your big bets for the most, knowing that you are risk adverse and unlikely to throw too many chips in the pot in a reckless manner.

WoW
Don't know if this is an accurate picture of Muy.
But wow, talking about over analizing. (which obviously makes you a better player)

TR

ps: Stay away from me!

PZ Meyers:
No, I've been avoiding it. Although I adore Spongebob and consider him a sterling role model for all of our fine students at UMM, I have a dread of the Hasselhoff. I'm still traumatized from the Spongebob movie, which was fabulous until the moment the Hasselhoff showed up — and now I have a fear that if I attended the theme park, the Hoff might suddenly show up and offer me a ride. Or a Whopper.

The_Ronin est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 7:52am   #29
MuyTheRat
Grinder

MuyTheRat
Send a message via AIM to MuyTheRat

Quote:

That was actually freakishly good. "You play better than your opponents when at a comfortable level, but play scared and timid when over your head." Is my biggest problem, and why I get annoyed with downswings. When I had a bankroll for 100NL and 200NL I played much better at 50NL becuase I didn't like losing $100 or $200 even if it was technically within my bankroll. Makes me scared to play with Hustlr. Luckly I only do it at the Ptips tournys.
MuyTheRat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 9:23am   #30
geordie16
Brunson

geordie16

hustlr, you scare me.

OP as other have said you are not playing perfect poker, and you confirmed it when you said you have never gone all in on a draw, as a tournament player this is a very useful move.
geordie16 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote