noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
I got to were I was able to predict the river card that would bust me
There's your winning ticket -- make side bets on what the river card will be
noone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 09, 2006, 12:35am   #102
noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
Concentrate and learn to anticipate the dealing patterns so that you can suck out more often.

Raise when you have something and re-raise when you don't.

Take 1/3 of each paycheck and buy in short to the highest NL table you can and go all in pf with Jacks or better.

Call your own bluffs.

Excerpts from the DuperSystem by jt

Skid, I've read jt's DuperSystem, and I strongly recommend it. It's made me a big winner.

jt, if you have a moment though, not to jack the thread, but I'd like to ask you if I played the following hand correctly under your System. Skid, follow along and test yourself against his System too.

500/1000 HE. I am UTG with

7h 2s

so of course I call. Everyone folds except the BB, who raises. This is a sure-fire "tell" - I know this player never raises from the BB unless he has Aces. Naturally, I call, because it's well known that any poker player unfortunate enough to be dealt pocket A's is certain to be sucked out on the river by a crap hand like mine. (I avoid raising here in order to disguise the true strength of my powerful suckout hand.) Sure enough, the flop comes:

As Ad 5s

Perfect! The BB foolishly bets out his quad A's, not realizing what a huge dog he is to my overwhelmingly-favored runner-runner Straight Flush (1 chance in 1081, or practically a sure thing).

Now, jt, my questions is: Under your System, do I raise here "on the come", as you experts like to say, or do I continue a "trap strategy" by just calling, intending to raise on the turn and/or river?

In accordance with the recommendations of this Forum, I'll wait until jt, Skid, and other forum members give their opinions on this hand before I tell what actually happened, so as not to influence their opinions.
noone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2006, 1:22am   #103
noone
Brunson

noone

Skid 1 wrote:

Quote:
hey noone.......no fake beer ??
Skid, I've dated a lot of fake women and had a lot of fake sex, but... fake BEER??? No way --- a man's gotta draw the line somewhere!!!
Old Aug 09, 2006, 2:48pm   #104
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Ok........Here's to noone's SuperDuperSytem hand vs AA . . . .

I would flat call his bet , to trap his ass with this monster suk-out hand I'm holding.......only because I have watch the irregular trends of a sliding scale "random generator" during the last 100 or so hands & I can surely predict this one.

After the 3 of spades hits the turn...( at this point he does not connect the 3 to the 5 or either Ace on the board )..........So I let him place the bet , Then I raise him one bet ( showing him that I can bluff too , or to represent that I HAVE AN ACE - - - ""Got him double hustled here"" )..........If he then re-raises (probably cause he's gettin mad now ).............I would again flat call him - - only after a short "Pause" in my decision.

Then when the river brings the motherlode home , I let him give me his stack anyway he wants !!

He was mine from the get-go !! . . . . . . . . . Happy Days , Skid 1
Skid 1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:45pm   #105
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Ok . noone - now on to the "Quiz" questions from page 5.

Quote:
1) What is a "flush draw free card" and how do you attempt to obtain it?
If I were holding 2 suit & 2 suit flopped & in early position then I will make a bet to put the table in "so called hold"....so I can see another card to flush out , If I am on the button , I will check it to see a totally free" flush draw free card".

Quote:
2) 5/10 HE. You have QTo. Flop is A98 rainbow. Everyone fold except . . . .
A gut shot str8 draw with bets into me......I will usually fold , but if I have to call - then I think there has to be at least 4-5x my call to see the turn & if the turn isn't there for me , then I am up against another river bet that I shouldn't even been in the hand chasing that gut anyway !!

Quote:
Same situation , but this time there are 4 other callers . . . .

Well - If I'm still chasing this "gut shot" for some crazy reason with no regards to my stack & if I lose it or not........I'm gonna Raise!! at the 4 other callers to try to take over the hand & hope the callers will fold & if no folds then I would BLUFF at the River with a 2x Pot Bet and call it "Tits"

Quote:
4) Same situations as (2) and (3). The turn is a blank . . . .
Again ,I don't usually chase gut str8's much , but if I had to - then I believe there has to be at least 4-5x times my call to justify my bad play !!

These Quizer's seemed a little funny....not sure if there were "trick" questions or not , but there are my answers......decifer them at will !!

Thanks.........Skid 1
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:10am   #106
noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
Ok........Here's to noone's SuperDuperSytem hand vs AA . . . .

I would flat call his bet , to trap his ass with this monster suk-out hand I'm holding.......only because I have watch the irregular trends of a sliding scale "random generator" during the last 100 or so hands & I can surely predict this one.

After the 3 of spades hits the turn...( at this point he does not connect the 3 to the 5 or either Ace on the board )..........So I let him place the bet , Then I raise him one bet ( showing him that I can bluff too , or to represent that I HAVE AN ACE - - - ""Got him double hustled here"" )..........If he then re-raises (probably cause he's gettin mad now ).............I would again flat call him - - only after a short "Pause" in my decision.

Then when the river brings the motherlode home , I let him give me his stack anyway he wants !!

He was mine from the get-go !! . . . . . . . . . Happy Days , Skid 1
Excellent, Skid! What I liked most about your play here was how you "double-hustled" him by representing an A when he already had four of them. This is exactly the kind of crafty and deceptive play that separates the truly great players from the merely good ones

HOWEVER....
On the quiz questions.... score is 0. Seriously.
The "free card" correct answer is actually much closer to the opposite of what you said. You might want to research this topic and try again.

On the gutshot draw questions, see jrs2000 thread titled "pot odds question" and review the info there (including some by yours truly), and try again.

Players who have and use this basic pot odds info beat players who don't, and, all kidding aside, I seriously, SERIOUSLY think that this is at the core of why you are not a consistent winner despite the time and effort invested.

Try to read up and get this on your own, and if the answers still don't come readily, I'll try to help you get it. It might be a few days, as my real work (yuk!) demands just got heavier for the next couple.

Happy studying,
noone
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:17am   #107
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Thanks noone...........

I was pretty much lost with those "Quiz" questions from the beginning , ( a score of ZERO was no suprise to me ).......Cause 9 times out of 10 - I wouldn't have been in those hands anyway.

So I will be "All Over" your suggestions as well as others for the next few days !!

For some funny reason , I'm starting to get this funky feeling deep down inside thats screaming - ( Skid 1 really doesn't know how to play poker )...

HELP !!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:37pm   #108
noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
For some funny reason , I'm starting to get this funky feeling deep down inside thats screaming - ( Skid 1 really doesn't know how to play poker )...
"The first step towards wisdom is to know that we do not know".

Your journey (to becoming a winning player) starts now. Go for it, Man.
noone

p.s. Don't feel bad. Lots of players who've been playing for decades don't know how to play. That's why the winners win.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 2:45pm   #109
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Thanks noone & all all you that have tried to help.......right now I am taking a break from poker,so that I can tweek my game towards a winning one................3 years online with no real winnings is very sad.......and I will not enter the online poker battlefield again until I have figured out whats wrong !!

Thanks Again ...........Skid 1

PS, > KrappyKonnect.........did you get my lastest PM ??

If so please get back with me soon.

Last edited by Skid 1; Aug 11, 2006 at 2:50pm.