THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:43pm   #11
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone View Post
I think you got the point. Why try to extract, if the average moron is gonna call a push anyway?

Thats right they call that is what fish do with draws. SO instead of amking them make a small mistake get it all in and let them call with a hand that is behind.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:13pm   #12
thespoil
Doyle Look-alike

thespoil

If you've got only $10 to start the hand you push because raising to $5 on the flop, leaving yourself with $4 behind, and folding to a bad turn card is horrible horrible horrible. You will get called by lower sets, obviously, and often straight and flush draws at these stakes. Sometimes they will draw out. Boo hoo. $10 stack = instapush this flop after the bet and raise.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:23pm   #13
thespoil
Doyle Look-alike

thespoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsastard View Post
For any player with a clue in the BB shoes this should be an easy laydown if Rickey pushes his last $10 nevermind $20 into the pot.

If I've missed the point my apologies.
I think you are missing the point, Badsastard. We're not talking about pushing $20 into a $2.80 pot. We're talking about betting our last $9.50 into a $2.80 pot when we only have 100BB to start the hand.

It's when we are significantly deeper that we try to manipulate pot size.
If we have $10 to begin this hand, flop top set, and call or make a very small raise on the flop we are making a huge mistake and also making our decisions harder on later streets if a bad card for our hand does hit.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 3:58am   #14
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

Ok thespoil, I initially came to these forums to learn and I'm sure your Poker knowledege is way superior to mine mate but in pushing in this situation , what are you hoping for:

a - everybody to fold (likely)

b - a call from a set or PP 10+ (unlikely)

c - a really bad call from someone on a draw (unlikely, even at NL10 most players aren't that stupid)

I'm still confused please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:00am   #15
thespoil
Doyle Look-alike

thespoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsastard View Post
Ok thespoil, I initially came to these forums to learn and I'm sure your Poker knowledege is way superior to mine mate but in pushing in this situation , what are you hoping for:

a - everybody to fold (likely)

b - a call from a set or PP 10+ (unlikely)

c - a really bad call from someone on a draw (unlikely, even at NL10 most players aren't that stupid)

I'm still confused please help.
A.) Everyone folding is not a horrible result.

B.) I guarantee no one at 10NL is folding a lower set. Some pocket pairs will fold, some won't. If they fold a PP it's okay and if they call it's fine as we have them absolutely crushed and drawing practically dead.

C.) If we make a small raise and get called only to see a spade or card that completes one of the straight draws are you going to fold after commiting ~60% of your $10 stack?

If putting in the rest of our $10 makes everyone fold that's okay because when everyone folds we win the pot 100% of the time. When we get called by the worst possible holdings for our hand (7s8s) we're still a 3 to 2 favorite and (TsJs) we're slightly better than 3 to 2. When we get called by these hands and they hit we still have a redraw to take the pot. We have any other holding that calls us absolutely crushed. With $10 it's an easy push.