THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:23pm   #1
noone
Brunson

noone
Default AA Holds Up!

There are so many posts here about AA getting cracked, so here's one where they held up.

Texas Hold'em $5-$10 14 Aug 2006 9:34 PM

Seat 1: SB ($668.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Me [AD,AS] ($2,277.50 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG ($437.50 in chips)
Seat 9: D ($695 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($2.50), Me posts blind ($5).

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $5, D calls $5, SB bets $7.50, Me bets $10, UTG calls $10, D calls $10, SB bets $10, Me calls $5, UTG calls $5, D calls $5.

FLOP [board cards 7H,AH,9D ]
SB checks, Me checks, UTG checks, D checks.

TURN [board cards 7H,AH,9D,KD ]
SB bets $10, Me calls $10, UTG folds, D folds.

RIVER [board cards 7H,AH,9D,KD,2D ]
SB bets $10, Me bets $20, SB bets $20, Me bets $20, SB calls $10.

SHOWDOWN
Me shows [ AD,AS ]
SB mucks cards [ AC,QH ]
Me wins $178.

SUMMARY
Dealer: D
Pot: $180, (including rake: $2)
SB, loses $70
Me, bets $70, collects $178, net $108
UTG, loses $20
D, loses $20

The slow-play on the flop was because SB was very LAG, so after his PF raise and reraise, I figured he'd go for broke if I represented no Ace. I probably should have raised the Turn, but I was hoping UTG and D would call one bet, and doubted they'd cold-call two. It paid off big time on the River.
I wasn't too scared of a Flush on the river, as I read SB's pf raises as an A, so he couldn't have suited cards unless they were clubs.

The SB left the table after this hand. I'm waiting for him to post it here, complaining how he got AQ in a 4-handed game and ran into AA, bad luck/bad beat/proves it's rigged etc.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:07am   #2
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

nh, i just lost a full buy in with my aces versus T,6o. Yes there are players out there that call pre-flop raises with T,6o and then think nothing of calling a re-raise all in when the board has given them middle pair with 6 as a kicker. I am slowly learning to love these fuckers as much as i want to kill them.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:44am   #3
noone
Brunson

noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces View Post
nh, i just lost a full buy in with my aces versus T,6o. Yes there are players out there that call pre-flop raises with T,6o and then think nothing of calling a re-raise all in when the board has given them middle pair with 6 as a kicker. I am slowly learning to love these fuckers as much as i want to kill them.
Yes, there are. They'll pay you off many times this in the long run, so don't kill them, for all our sakes