THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:16am   #21
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

If I push pre-flop you guys better fold cause I only fly American Airlines.

Mostly, I never need to push because my post flop play is virtually flawless. So I don't have to push small edges like some of the guys here.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:31pm   #22
kmcguire87
Fish

kmcguire87 is on a distinguished road

shorthanded (6 players) the odds are 1 in 44 times you will run into aces when you have kings. definetly unavoidable and even though the opposite is true (you have aces your opponents will have kings 1 in 44 times) people always remember the times when they get knocked down by the only hand that beats them alot more than the times they get lucky and get their opponent in a dominating position.
kmcguire87 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:25pm   #23
dogo33
Grinder

dogo33 will become famous soon enough

I had a NL5 cash game last week with 9 players,
4 Players Preflop All-In after several rerereraises , where my AA held up against KK, JJ and TT

What are the odds of that scenario?
about 1 : 24^3 or even some more because there were only 9 players dealt cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matpio View Post
Aber meist verleihen die Fische mein Geld an andere weiter und ich sitz dann da als Gläubiger und bekomm meine Kohle nicht zurück.
dogo33 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:29pm   #24
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I have folded Kings twice pre-flop. Once was when I got re-raised twice by a rock. I was playing good that night, and just decided I could make more money if I fold this hand and stayed in the game then if I played it and lost. The rock that pushed turned over AKs, and showed that I made a bad play. The other time was when I was playing several games at once, and when I was folding on one of the tables, the table that had my Kings popped up and I folded them instead. I think folding Kings is a -ev move 99% of the time.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:46pm   #25
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think folding Kings is a -ev move 99% of the time.
nope simple math 1/24 = 4.16% of the time at a full table so if your are 3rd grade or higher, 100-4.16 = 95.84% of the time you have kings and no one has aces.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:46pm   #26
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win0ver View Post
Update!

It just happened again. For the 5th time in 3 days, I had KK, had to call all-in preflop and lost to AA.

Yeah I know, it's just a coincidence and this isn't rigged and blahblah...

I just can't believe how often it happens.
maybe you should fold kings? i dont know what u want by whyning (sp)
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2007, 1:18pm   #27
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
nope simple math 1/24 = 4.16% of the time at a full table so if your are 3rd grade or higher, 100-4.16 = 95.84% of the time you have kings and no one has aces.
It is simple math. It is just too bad I am not a god of poker like you and can't tell when I am up agianst aces and then fold the 4.16% when I am crushed. For those of us who are not poker gods, I still feel like you should only fold your kings pre-flop if you are certian you are beat. For me, I only feel this way about once every 100 times so I guess I just have to eat the other 3.16% when I am crushed.

It must be nice though to never run into aces because you fold the optimal of times based on mathamatical probabilites. Math may be an important part of poker, but there is a time and place to be a math whore.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2007, 1:45pm   #28
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

You should fold KK only when you think it is +EV to do so. Usually when you run into AA with KK, he could just as well have had QQ or JJ or worse, knowing this you have to call and just have to accept that sometimes you will run into aces.

Rarely do you have a good enough read to fold KK, but if you play a lot it can happen.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2007, 7:43pm   #29
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute

yep Lord M summed it up pretty well.

I have never folded KK preflop and I dont think I will in the nearing future, just because the games I am playing are pretty loose right now (ipoker's NL50, a joke)

I only once folded QQ, and I am still not too sure about it..
EP minraise, I pot it, he pots back, I fold. according to PO he was like 16% VPIP. dunno.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2007, 11:38pm   #30
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win0ver
Update!

It just happened again. For the 5th time in 3 days, I had KK, had to call all-in preflop and lost to AA.

Yeah I know, it's just a coincidence and this isn't rigged and blahblah...

I just can't believe how often it happens.

I would respect your whining more,if like me you went Ai preflop with AA and lost five times in a row-damn variance;but then I've also had AA win 36 times in a row...offers beautiful virgin to the poker Gods

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote