THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:33pm   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default Holy F*ck Another One Outer!!!!!!!

PokerStars Game #15954259068: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2008/03/13 - 16:30:04 (ET)
Table 'Asterion III' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Azriphale ($112 in chips)
Seat 2: mgfrenchy ($108.90 in chips)
Seat 3: bennyboy_k ($100 in chips)
Seat 4: the new plan ($10 in chips)
Seat 5: OCVI2003 ($102.90 in chips)
Seat 6: Y2JKID ($52.35 in chips)
mgfrenchy: posts small blind $0.50
bennyboy_k: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OCVI2003 [Ah Qc 8c Ad]
the new plan: folds
OCVI2003: raises $2 to $3
Y2JKID: folds
Azriphale: folds
mgfrenchy: calls $2.50
bennyboy_k: folds
*** FLOP *** [Kc Ac 5h]
mgfrenchy: checks
OCVI2003: checks
*** TURN *** [Kc Ac 5h] [9c]
mgfrenchy: bets $4
OCVI2003: calls $4
*** RIVER *** [Kc Ac 5h 9c] [Kd]
mgfrenchy: bets $8
OCVI2003: raises $14 to $22
mgfrenchy: raises $58.30 to $80.30
OCVI2003: raises $15.60 to $95.90 and is all-in
mgfrenchy: calls $15.60
*** SHOW DOWN ***
OCVI2003: shows [Ah Qc 8c Ad] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)
mgfrenchy: shows [2s Kh Ks Qd] (four of a kind, Kings)
mgfrenchy collected $203.80 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $206.80 | Rake $3
Board [Kc Ac 5h 9c Kd]
Seat 1: Azriphale (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mgfrenchy (small blind) showed [2s Kh Ks Qd] and won ($203.80) with four of a kind, Kings
Seat 3: bennyboy_k (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: the new plan folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: OCVI2003 showed [Ah Qc 8c Ad] and lost with a full house, Aces full of Kings
Seat 6: Y2JKID folded before Flop (didn't bet)

WTF CAN I DO? WHY CAN'T I WIN? WHY AM I CURSED? WHY CAN"T I GET A FUCKING BREAK? WHY DO I LOSE EVERY TIME I HAVE A PRACTICALLY UNBEATABLE HAND?

WHY

WHY

WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I had a lot of other beats today, but I was trying so hard not to post them, but then this happened and I physically couldn't control myself. I was lucky not to vomit on my keyboard after this hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:39pm   #2
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

You're going DOWN, bitch.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:47pm   #3
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

whine, it will helps with the pain!
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:49pm   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
whine, it will helps with the pain!
LOL just because you're always the one on the good side of one-outers.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:52pm   #5
Lime And Coconut
Brunson

Lime And Coconut is on a distinguished road

TWLLM, do you play holdem? Do you run as bad?
Lime And Coconut est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:54pm   #6
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

IIRC he once said that he plays Lolmaha because he doesn't run as terrible there as he runs in Holdem.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:59pm   #7
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone View Post
IIRC he once said that he plays Lolmaha because he doesn't run as terrible there as he runs in Holdem.
LOL no, not quite. I said that omaha is a game where the other player's mistakes are usually bigger and more common, such that even if you run bad, its not as bad as running bad in hold'em, where there are less edges to recover on elsewhere.

This, of course, is only true if you ever win a pot. If you just lose every all-in, omaha isn't going to be any more helpful to you than hold'em.

Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:01pm   #8
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime And Coconut View Post
TWLLM, do you play holdem? Do you run as bad?
I don't know if I run "as bad" because luck is very different in the two games, but I've run ridiculously bad in hold'em cashgames, life-time, but I've run above EV in tournaments overall afaik. Problem is I have played like 99% cash games, so any tournament luck is like spitting in a bucket to fill an ocean.

Quote:
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:04pm   #9
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
LOL no, not quite. I said that omaha is a game where the other player's mistakes are usually bigger and more common, such that even if you run bad, its not as bad as running bad in hold'em, where there are less edges to recover on elsewhere.

This, of course, is only true if you ever win a pot. If you just lose every all-in, omaha isn't going to be any more helpful to you than hold'em.
i need time to contemplate the difference between your statement and what I thought you had said.

To add some strategic content, what's with the missing bet on the flop?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:14pm   #10
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBone View Post
i need time to contemplate the difference between your statement and what I thought you had said.

To add some strategic content, what's with the missing bet on the flop?
Well, the difference between the two statements is this - if i said I run better in omaha, that would imply I'm less unlucky (or more lucky), not that my edge based on play is any different. I'm saying I have a bigger edge in omaha because my opponents make more mistakes in omaha than they do in hold'em. That has nothing to do with running better in one game or the other.

As for strategy, it's a reasonable question. I was hoping to get action, because there is almost no time I would check behind with top set here - this board is so draw heavy that top set would almost always fire pot here. The only time top set checks behind here is if it has the nut flush draw as well, and even then, i wouldn't always check behind.

By not betting, I figure to get myself more action later on. When the turn flush hits and he fires, I figured he was drawing dead (he was to 1 out, any way - he had the most outs he could possibly have had given what i held, lol!) and even if he's on a weak flush, it encourages a value bet on the end that I can then pop and *maybe* get a call, or encourage another bluff, or maybe get him committed with an underfull if the board pairs and he has like 99.

Clearly the textbook play is to bet pot on the flop. Often this is what I would do, however, changing your game up in safe spots is never a bad idea, even in omaha (here the only turn cards I can't like are QJT non-clubs, and if one of those hits, I still have almost 50% chance of rivering a nut out).

Who is to say what would have transpired if I bet the flop. But I can't literally conclude that by checking the flop or not raising the turn I 'caused' myself to lose to quads, right? That's not how things work, unless the game is rigged (which seems more and more likely every day). If the turn hadn't come a club or a QJT, I raise him, and maybe he lays it down. But the 'what ifs' aren't really that relevant. He could have called and spiked the king just the same. I had a good reason for my play, I wasn't just slowplaying for the sake of it, I was trying to get action. It just backfired as always and I got unlucky, as always.

I guess I should just have called the river bet. LOL.

Quote: