THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:14pm   #1
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1
Default Skid 1 . . . . .

Hey.......Has everyone forgot about me ??.........or just gave up on me ??.

I have started playing poker again after a long break , I started back at ..."Limit" poker & played it very carefully......Getting people to fold in Limit poker is like pulling teeth.......But nevertheless I turned a $50.00 bankroll into $133.00 after a super long 3 day drawn out haul at UltimateBet.com.

Limit Poker , really gets me down & bored throughout the day !!

I studied all the books, video's, etc. during my break & after I built my bank to $133.00 - The next day I decided to play some "real" poker (no-limit)......

I sat down at a the NL tables & within 2 hours I had lost $70.00 ......with KK three times & AA once.

#1.....my KK vs. K-9os.......flop is 99-5

#2.....my KK vs. JJ.......flop is XXX..... turn is X .......river is J

#3.....my KK vs AA.------flop is KK A (giving me quads)...........other player took me all-in......turn is X.........river is A..........lost $27.00 on that one

#4....my AA vs J-2 hearts......flop is 3 hearts.

These are not "bad beat" stories....just telling you what I've been doing lately.

So after this insane run of UB poker , I'm kinda sick to my stomach !!.........I still have about $60 some dollars left on UB.com & I'm scared to death to play !!........If I can't win with AA , KK , KK ,KK. , Quads..........then I guess I'm an idiot.

What do You Think ??

Skid 1
Skid 1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:40pm   #2
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I agreed with you 100%. You are an idiot.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:50pm   #3
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid 1 View Post
These are not "bad beat" stories....just telling you what I've been doing lately.

So after this insane run of UB poker , I'm kinda sick to my stomach !!.........I still have about $60 some dollars left on UB.com & I'm scared to death to play !!........If I can't win with AA , KK , KK ,KK. , Quads..........then I guess I'm an idiot.
If it looks like a bad beat post, and walks like a bad beat post, and quacks like a bad beat post....

Seriously, though, what kind of repsonses are you looking for?

Sympathy? "Wow, man, that sucks."
Support? "Stick to it, luck evens out in the long run."
Advice? (a) You need to give us more information, (b) You need to post hands where you are unsure of your play.
Flames? I'm sure other people will have this one covered.
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:51pm   #4
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
I agreed with you 100%. You are an idiot.
I second that

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:58pm   #5
Schwups
Flop Artist

Schwups

Quote:
But nevertheless I turned a $50.00 bankroll into $133.00 ...
[...]
I sat down at a the NL tables & within 2 hours I had lost $70.00 .
[...]
What do You Think ??
Easy advice ... keep on playing limit poker ...
Schwups est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:10pm   #6
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Jimmy.....Why you gotta go there ?? . . . . .You see the hands I played & What I've been thru ??

I've posted close to 50 posts on this subject........And all you got is a ( yes your an idiot )....think not son !!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:13pm   #7
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwups View Post
Easy advice ... keep on playing limit poker ...
Schwups..........So your advice is to never play NL poker ???

My God.......Are you insane ??.........What were you thinking when you wrote that ???
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:35pm   #8
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Schwups..........So your advice is to never play NL poker ???

My God.......Are you insane ??.........What were you thinking when you wrote that ???
Some people are just not cut out for NL. My Aunt was a professional player when very few women were, she never played NL she was not cut out for it. Your winning at limit stay there, or accept that you are a losing NL player, but you enjoy it so you will keep doing it knowing you will lose, or quit all together.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:59pm   #9
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jimmy.....Why you gotta go there ?? . . . . .You see the hands I played & What I've been thru ?
No we haven't. You have never posted an actual HH - just lists of starting hands that got beat by other starting hands. I have no idea in hands #1, 2, and 4 of the OP if you played this correctly and got sucked out on, or if you played it weakly and let them chase. Hand 3 would be just unfortunate and no pro could get away from going bust on that one; although without a HH and your long list of beats like this I doubt it happened. Post an actual HH if you want advice.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:06pm   #10
Skid 1
Doyle Look-alike

Skid 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Some people are just not cut out for NL. My Aunt was a professional player when very few women were, she never played NL she was not cut out for it. Your winning at limit stay there, or accept that you are a losing NL player, but you enjoy it so you will keep doing it knowing you will lose, or quit all together.
I realize that some people don't play NL.........But I have been playing NL Hold-Em for 10 years....( 3 years online )

I just can't seem to put together a winning style......when my KK's & AA's that just keep on getting burnt over & over........And the hands that I do play in between those are getting screwed by some donkey without a clue.................I build up my bankroll , then some "granny petunia" without a clue plays her J -7os vs. my KK ..... AA.....QQ...etc. , of course she draws out a rag str8..........And all my hard work goes down the drain & I have to start all over again........been a never - ending cycle like that for 3 years online.

i don't like it !!.............Skid 1