THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:24am   #1
Amphetrion
Flop Artist

Amphetrion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Amphetrion
Default Hand history, 2 pair

PokerStars Game #6026866610: Tournament #30529930, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2006/08/23 - 19:58:42 (ET)
Table '30529930 6' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Roshanp (4080 in chips)
Seat 2: wralphw (2135 in chips)
Seat 3: LinTe (3940 in chips)
Seat 4: jaygibb (2665 in chips)
Seat 6: Studly14 (2950 in chips)
Seat 8: ParkerTime (2475 in chips)
Seat 9: aconsuma (3895 in chips)
ParkerTime: posts small blind 25
aconsuma: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ParkerTime [Ad 7h]
Roshanp: folds
wralphw: folds
LinTe: folds
awawagon is connected
jaygibb: folds
Studly14: calls 50
ParkerTime: calls 25
aconsuma: checks
*** FLOP *** [9c Tc As]
ParkerTime: checks
aconsuma: checks
Studly14: checks
*** TURN *** [9c Tc As] [7s]
ParkerTime: bets 100
aconsuma: calls 100
Studly14: calls 100
*** RIVER *** [9c Tc As 7s] [2d]
ParkerTime: bets 150
aconsuma: folds
Studly14: raises 2650 to 2800 and is all-in
ParkerTime: ???

I didn't know what to make of this move. I thought maybe he missed his flush draw, or maybe he put me on a flush draw and thought I missed. Would you call? I think I bet too little throughout the hand, but how is my play otherwise?
Amphetrion est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:13am   #2
recallme
Grinder

recallme

If he had a set, he would have played the turn in position more agressiv!
Call.
recallme est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:48pm   #3
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

You played this weak, but since you only put in 200 the pot so far you can fold. You can beat A2 a smaller 2 pair (<--my guess) and bear ace or a bluff, at this level people often go AI on the river with the nuts, they never heard of value betting so J8 maybe. I will lay this down most of the time the players here are so bad I can get them to put it in bad later on, and I dont want to go broke in a limped pot.

If you made the call not a huge mistake..

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:16pm   #4
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Personally I would fold. The villain has you covered and there is no reason to bet your tournament on this one call when you have only invested $300. You have no information on the villains hand, so it should be an easy laydown and wait for a better spot to get your chips in.

I was wondering why you checked the flop? There is no reason to think you are behind, as no-one has shown any strength pre-flop. The board is connected and suited, so you need to be betting the pot here to see where you are.

On the turn, the board now has two flush draws and a possible made str8. As you checked the flop, I would be inclined to check the hand down now. There is so little in the pot, it is not worth the risk of building a big pot and losing it to a made str8 or a flush on the river.

If you check down from the turn, a made str8 will be betting for value so you should get to see a cheap showdown and you may induce a weak bluff on the river from a missed flush draw. By betting the turn, you built a bigger pot on a scarier board with no information on your opponents hands.

Looking back, I would have raised from the SB with A7 to push the BB out or at least buy some info on his cards. If you limp in against 2 opponents out of position, what kind of flop are you loking for? You have no way of knowing if your A is good and as this hand shows you can end up in all kinds of trouble. Be more aggressive pre- and on the flop, to avoid difficult decisions on the later streets.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:16am   #5
Amphetrion
Flop Artist

Amphetrion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Amphetrion

Thanks for the helpful responses, many things I hadn't thought about. In the end, I folded. It was early in the tourney and with all the possible hands that had me beat, I didn't want to risk it, especially with the small pot size. Never found out what the guy had and was really wondering if folding was the right idea. I also really appreciated the comments on how I played the rest of the hand; I always have trouble knowing how to play weak aces. Thanks again for the replies!
Amphetrion est déconnecté   Reply With Quote