THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:57pm   #1
chefski
Grinder

chefski
Default Two hands in question during a tourney

I played a live MTT (165 pl./$100 buy) tourney yesterday and there are two hands that are bugging me:

1) Early on, blinds at 25/50, full table of 11, mid-position dealt Q/Q with a stack of $2k. Two limps before me, I raise it to $225, get 4 callers including the button and the BB. Flop comes A, 5, 8, rb. First two check to me. With 4 other players in the pot (~ $1150) here, do you lead out with a contuation bet to see who has the (assumed) ace or just check it to see who bets the ace?

2) Blinds at $50/$100, mid-position dealt A/8 os, all folds before me, stack at $1700. I raise to $300, get only the BB (has me well convered) to call. Flop comes A, 3, J. BB checks, I bet out $500, he calls. Turn is another J, he checks to me...now, all-in, check or bet here?

These were both critical hands in the tourney for me as I did not get many other cards/opps to play early on.

chefski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:17pm   #2
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

I'm going to say continuation bet in situation 1. The Ace is a scary card for the callers too. I'd fire a half pot bet and hope to take it down. Any resistance and you're obviously done.

As for number two. I'd be tempted to push and hope to push him off a weak ace / represent a jack of some sort. Already invested half your chips in this pot.

But then I'm still learning so in conclusion just do the opposite of what I wrote
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:56pm   #3
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

The first one you are done with the hand you got 4 callers on a 5X BB raise this is a loose table and will call you with any ace, the C/B is to expensive.

2nd hand I would of moved in on the flop ( cant lay it down for your last 900 anyway so go all in). Once you bet the 500 on the flop you will have to call any all in. You could check the turn (no real draws out there) you may get a bluff on the river thinking your check was weak about the only way you can get him to put his chips in with the worst hand...

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:50pm   #4
chefski
Grinder

chefski

Well, pretty much what I expected...

Sit. 1, the BB had an ace, and I was able to get out without a CB...I just figured with 4 callers, almost certain to be an Ace out there and why waste the chips, hence the check instead of feeling the waters. With a big stack, I go CB with a 1/2 pot bet, but SS, not...

Sit. 2, I made the mistake of taking this all the way down to the river with no help and I should have moved in on the turn to represent the bigger A or trip J's...turns out the caller had A/9 and I was forced to call the river bet hoping for a split pot, no go and I was gone.

So, 1 out of 2, still learning this tricky game, but altogether very frustrating results in MTTs...thanks.

chefski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote