THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:19pm   #11
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

I think a fold here is terrible given the circumstances of the hand. HU, after you have been loose HU and folding to reraises. He could have near nothing here.

What are you guys smoking?

You call the flop raise and check the turn?

Why?

Last edited by jimmytrick; Aug 28, 2006 at 6:21pm.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:28pm   #12
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Jimmy, in my opinion the important factor here is that I am playing HU vs a tight opponent who appears to just take advantage of the weak players at this level by milking his good hands, he/she was playing many tables at the time and the HU session had lasted 4 hands - previous to that I had been playing tight and if he/she had PAHUD which is likely he/she would know that.

Calling the flop raise is a nobrainer IMO - you have a flush draw and are getting 4-1. Checking the turn isn't a play I always make however with a weak draw (no overs) there isn't much point in firing out on the turn because it is unlikely that he will fold anything but a bluff or possibly a draw himself.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/

Last edited by shads; Aug 28, 2006 at 6:30pm.
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:45pm   #13
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Uh, sorry. Misread the HH.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:52pm   #14
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

I like reaising the flop if he calls fire on the turn if he comes back over the top on the flop let it go. He comes over the top on the turn move AI.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:48pm   #15
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shads View Post
I must admit I had never thought of checking the river - nice idea XA. Unfortunately I'm confused about the last part of your post; your saying that I should fold even though his play makes sense for a 5?
That's what I get for misreading the HH, I didn't realize you had the flush, just a pair of fours. I stand by the check play since you get him to bluff (and if he's a tight player than he would probably fold almost any hand that you can beat except a 5).

I would call the raise though, your hand as I finally realized what it was is too strong to fold here, but I wouldn't want to be put in a sticky situation by reraising.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:52pm   #16
MannyIsGod
Professional

MannyIsGod
Send a message via AIM to MannyIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_kid View Post
That's what I get for misreading the HH, I didn't realize you had the flush, just a pair of fours. I stand by the check play since you get him to bluff (and if he's a tight player than he would probably fold almost any hand that you can beat except a 5).

I would call the raise though, your hand as I finally realized what it was is too strong to fold here, but I wouldn't want to be put in a sticky situation by reraising.
Man, I'm glad you came back and said to call. Cause I was really perplexed how you wanted him to fold here.
MannyIsGod est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:08pm   #17
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

You cannot fold that heads up for only $5 more. You should have put in a nice re-raise on the flop. A pair and a flush draw is a huge hand heads up. If he min raises you, you need to raise to about $14 to make him make a big decision. Most likely he would fold here and you scoop the pot and move on. But folding a flush (even though it is a low one) for $5 is just crazy.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:53pm   #18
shads
public enemy

I'm pretty much agreed that folding on the river is a mistake but reraising the flop I'm not sure about - my draw is weak and I only pick up a pair on the turn which doesn't neccessairly mean extra outs as they could be dead anyway. If this was a stronger draw - either a pair on the flop or over(s) as well I would have no problem reraising but I just don't like reraising on a 4high flush draw which could easily be drawing dead. Anyway I'm happy that folding on the river was a mistake so thanks for the input guys.

Old Aug 29, 2006, 4:09pm   #19
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shads View Post
I'm pretty much agreed that folding on the river is a mistake but reraising the flop I'm not sure about - my draw is weak and I only pick up a pair on the turn which doesn't neccessairly mean extra outs as they could be dead anyway. If this was a stronger draw - either a pair on the flop or over(s) as well I would have no problem reraising but I just don't like reraising on a 4high flush draw which could easily be drawing dead. Anyway I'm happy that folding on the river was a mistake so thanks for the input guys.

There is no way to be drawing dead after the flop Ad 5d is close (all other hands you have at least 6 outs) but not dead. ALso when I am playing agaisnt a mutiTabler I like to give him tough choices on the flop. They mostly just want to cruise along picking up uncontested pots, take advantage of that.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:54am   #20
shads
public enemy

Thats a good point Acehole which I will certainly keep in mind while playing. Unfortunately from what I've seen the multitablers at the lower limits don't get involved in pots without decent hands. So when they catch one they normally play them to the felt - so I could easily be reraising into a relatively monster while drawing very thin, so raising here wouldn't be as successful as at higher stakes IMO.

By the way thanks for correcting me about drawing language - however I was only referring to the flush draw being dead but like you said I would normally have 6 outs.

Last edited by shads; Aug 30, 2006 at 10:59am.