THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 06, 2006, 10:29pm   #11
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder91 View Post
see,
i wouldn't even have thought about drawing 1 card if i had trips.....pretty simple and ovious when you think about it!!
If you face a late position raise and you reraise with trips while drawing one, you can do the same later on with a flush draw and get away with a bluff if you miss.

Last edited by Hustlr; Sep 06, 2006 at 10:36pm.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 07, 2006, 8:52am   #12
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

had it done to me tonight, i had AA and drew 2, hoping to disquise the pair and represent trips, the other guy had trips and drew one......looks like we were both being too clever for my own good.....
shredder91 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2006, 3:34pm   #13
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
had it done to me tonight, i had AA and drew 2, hoping to disquise the pair and represent trips, the other guy had trips and drew one......looks like we were both being too clever for my own good.....
I would advise against that play in the future. You dont really want to sacrifice the value of your aces for a bluff. Drawing to 2 to reprsent trips is a play you might want to reserve for times you dont actually have a real hand. Take the 3 and go for the set. AAA is too valuable and will extract many more chips than the bluff will in that situation.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:55am   #14
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

i'm not sure if it was great play from me in the previous hands or the guy i was playing was a complete idiot. I'm guessing the second bit

50c/50c blinds, 4 people in the hand

About five hands before i took this guys stack, i was in late position with an open ended straight (4567), decided to play as i hadn't had much all night, i took one card which was a 2. Everybody checked, so i threw a 50c bet into a $2 dollar pot, everybody folded so i showed my bluff.

Got nothing for a few hands, then got dealt AAA66, i raised to a $1 and got three callers. I stood as i thought i would get action anyway. Only one guy took two cards, the others three.

I decided to lead out with a weak bet and this other guy raises the pot by $4, two others fold, so i reraise the pot to about $10 and put him all-in....he calls and i take it down.

I really don't know how many clues i could have given him that i had a great hand but he paid me anyway, surely he couldn't think i was on a $15 bluff.

Don't know what hand he had as he mucked and i didn't check the HH!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:23am   #15
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Just wondering... did you raise predraw with your 4567x? I'm assuming you just limped.

And nice hand with the full house. I never have quite understood the logic of betting into a pat hand. Him betting into you makes no sense since you wil ljust fold a bluff and raise otherwise. If he thought you were bluffing, why not just check call? At least then he makes some money when he is right and doesnt lose as much when he is wrong. I've see people do this once in awhile on PokerRoom, even at 5/10.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:12am   #16
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr View Post
Just wondering... did you raise predraw with your 4567x? I'm assuming you just limped.

And nice hand with the full house. I never have quite understood the logic of betting into a pat hand. Him betting into you makes no sense since you wil ljust fold a bluff and raise otherwise. If he thought you were bluffing, why not just check call? At least then he makes some money when he is right and doesnt lose as much when he is wrong. I've see people do this once in awhile on PokerRoom, even at 5/10.
yeah, just limped with the straight draw, i only raise when in LP with a high PP eg JJ+ against the players left to act or in any position with two pair or better.

I could understand his bet if he thought i was on a bluff and was putting a decent bet in to scare me off the pot. But the re-raise should tell him i have him beat.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:16pm   #17
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Quote:
I could understand his bet if he thought i was on a bluff and was putting a decent bet in to scare me off the pot. But the re-raise should tell him i have him beat.
Why would you want to scare someone off a bluff? If he is that confident you are bluffing, why not just check call, pick off your bluff, and get some value out of it?
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:57am   #18
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr View Post
Why would you want to scare someone off a bluff? If he is that confident you are bluffing, why not just check call, pick off your bluff, and get some value out of it?
The more i think about it, he must have hit a decent hand, a flush or better to warrant re-raising.

I only wish i could get the HH off pokerroom, but don't have the hand number
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:41am   #19
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Are there any books or articles to read if one wants to get in on this action?
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:28am   #20
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

5 card draw beginners advice:

Ok, disclaimer...this is if you are a pure newbie and know next to nothing about draw and you want a basic structure to play by... much like reading most books about hold'em. You know, the playing tight aggressive style type stuff... only play AQ and better- type hands.

Now on with the tips. This advice is for Fixed Limit 5 card draw at a full table.

- In a full table (5 people) dont enter the pot unless you have jacks or better

- When showing down with one other person and you are first to act don't ever bet into someone unless you have a high 2 pair (jacks up or better), small 2 pair (10's up or lower) check call.

- when showing down with a single pair check the hand down, if the other player bets ... fold your hand.

- If your are dealt a set predraw then cap the predraw betting round. (statistically, in fixed limit draw you can also cap the post draw betting but I don't advice this for beginners because in most cases a post draw cap means a very large hand)

- in draw, any hand that is a straight or better is considered a monster hand. Always cap all betting rounds with these hands.

- when entering the pot by making or calling a raise only do so if you feel you have the best hand. Odds are most hands do not improve so majority of the time if you enter the pot with the best hand you will also end the same way.

- only chase straight or flush draws when the odds exist to do so. (which is extremely rare) ... for instance, if your in the BB and its checked to you then obviously you can draw to it. Or if your in the BB and UTG raises and everyone calls the raise and you have 4 to a flush. Other wise, always fold.

- When drawing with a pair or trips, DO NOT keep high card kickers such as A's or K's. For instance, if your dealt KKAxx , throw away the Axx. Same goes if your have 333Ax, throw away the Ax.

- At showdown, when you have a monster always bet out first. Do not get fancy with check raises.

most people palying draw have little to no idea what they are doing, so if you use these few tips I can almost gaurantee long term +EV. The players are just so soft you can play systematically and it doesn't seem to make much difference at all.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote