THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 06, 2006, 4:02pm   #1
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all
Default lost in my attempts

Seems these are the only posts I make lol.....

GAH! (okay vent over)

Books read:

- Small Stakes Hold'em
-
Winning Low-Limit Hold'em ( 3rd edition)
-Theory of Poker
-
Hold'Em Poker for Advanced Players (read but info not used due to low limits)
-Pokertips pdf

Other attempts at fingering out where I have gone wrong:

-All articles here several times, read the forums.
-Did the tilteddonky tutorials, and scored skilled and well above the 80% recommended scores

Installed Poker Office:

4K hand sample had me rated at TA/A...

String of loosing my money to (everyone gets them) bad beats

Now I am rated as Semi loose Aggresive/ Passive (on the line of aggesive) with a 6.5k sample size.

I tried to get a larger sample size but the current bankroll just isn't going to last the way things are.

At first I was doing well with the limit games and it all fell apart.

I then switched over to SnG's (which I really enjoy), and was pretty much rollercoastering, with my wins balancing out my bubbles or first outs....

Went to multitables (18-45) 5/10 SnG's depending on what was available, and thought I had finally found a home for my bankroll to go. I went from consistantly making the money and if not the money the last table. It was like the heavens opened and a light shone down with angels singing in the background.

Now I am having issues getting to the final table and rarely ITM.

I just don't get what I am doing wrong..... someone feel free to b!tch slap me again.

Tell me what I need to give you guys to finger out what I am doing wrong....

Hell right about now I would settle for staying even, let alone making money.....

(yes the last sentence is the frustration talking)

Last edited by ggnh; Sep 06, 2006 at 4:04pm. Reason: to point out the frustration sentence
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 06, 2006, 4:19pm   #2
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Since you like tournaments perhaps you should read "Harrington on Hold´em I+II" and play some more STTs.

It could also be that you tilt a lot from bad periods (I am not talking about those monthly things ) so as soon as you encounter difficulties, be it bad luck or bad play, move several levels down to reduce the cost of the tilt and regain confidence.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 4:40pm   #3
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Variance and tilt. LHE and 2-5 table SNGs have lots of variance. Your post reeks of tilt.

Get Harrington I, II, &III. Read them. Study them.

Play single table SNGs to perfect your game and build your bankroll.

Get a heads up display.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 4:46pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Also you mentioned first outs in regard to SNGs. That is a big leak. You need to tighten the heck up early.

Old Sep 06, 2006, 5:11pm   #5
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Yes, I am going to be including that book into the growing library...

The occasional first out, I guess should be clarified, it is due to bad/severe beat. I didn't get into the details of it because hey they happen, and prehaps I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

It is more due to trying to protect my hand against flushes, possible straights, etc etc, and having someone call and catch... sometimes painfully runner runner as we go along, but as I said this is a common event for all of us.

Like it says in ToP, you will get drawn out on more than you will draw out, simply because you are usually going in with the best of it. ( something along those lines)

Jimmytrick: I do have a HU dsplay (poker office)

I would sort of agree that this post "reeks" of tilt, but really frustration in not getting anywhere slowly.

I'd love to move down a few levels, but when you are at the bottom, you can't go any lower.
Old Sep 06, 2006, 5:41pm   #6
jimmytrick
Professional

One of the things I mention in my upcoming book, DuperSystem, is the O factor in low limit tournament play. verplaying, verbetting, and general d nk play is the norm in the early rounds. Someone hits TPWK and grossly overbets or pushes and drags you in with them (sometimes to protect against a draw ).

Sound play can get you in the money a high percentage of the time without running through landmines.

It is quite possible to limit yourself to playing only QQ+ for the first three orbits and soundly beat $5 and $10 SNGs.

If you play a wider range of hands than that in the early going you should not be looking to play for your stack with less than two pair.

SNGs are shallow stack poker and you simply do not need to take risks early to do very well.

Old Sep 06, 2006, 6:05pm   #7
jimmytrick
Professional

Here is an example:

PokerStars Game #6191462073: Tournament #31392065, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/09/06 - 13:53:34 (ET)
Table '31392065 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Tomaeck007 (1370 in chips)
Seat 2: GiftGiver (2050 in chips)
Seat 3: wildcat71074 (1670 in chips)
Seat 5: Greeninja427 (1510 in chips)
Seat 6: Svensongenf (1250 in chips)
Seat 7: jimmytrick (1310 in chips)
Seat 8: cablgod (1410 in chips)
Seat 9: Cincybar (2930 in chips)
Svensongenf: posts small blind 10
jimmytrick: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jimmytrick [6d 9d]
cablgod: folds
Cincybar: folds
Tomaeck007: folds
GiftGiver: calls 20
wildcat71074: folds
Greeninja427: folds
Svensongenf: calls 10
jimmytrick: checks
*** FLOP *** [9s 6h Kc]
Svensongenf: checks
jimmytrick: bets 40
GiftGiver: raises 90 to 130
Svensongenf: folds
jimmytrick: raises 190 to 320
GiftGiver: raises 1710 to 2030 and is all-in
jimmytrick: calls 970 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [9s 6h Kc] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [9s 6h Kc 8c] [Td]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jimmytrick: shows [6d 9d] (two pair, Nines and Sixes)
GiftGiver: shows [Kh 5d] (a pair of Kings)
jimmytrick collected 2640 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2640 | Rake 0
Board [9s 6h Kc 8c Td]
Seat 1: Tomaeck007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: GiftGiver showed [Kh 5d] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 3: wildcat71074 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Greeninja427 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Svensongenf (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: jimmytrick (big blind) showed [6d 9d] and won (2640) with two pair, Nines and Sixes
Seat 8: cablgod folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Cincybar folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Stay out of the way of the morons early and depend on solid aggresive poker in the mid and late game.

Old Sep 06, 2006, 6:29pm   #8
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy your post says one thing then show another you didnt stay out of the way of morons you jumped right in his path. That donk was 25% to win after the turn, plus he would of played K9 the same way.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 6:43pm   #9
ggnh
Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
One of the things I mention in my upcoming book, DuperSystem, is the O factor in low limit tournament play. verplaying, verbetting, and general d nk play is the norm in the early rounds. Someone hits TPWK and grossly overbets or pushes and drags you in with them (sometimes to protect against a draw ).

Sound play can get you in the money a high percentage of the time without running through landmines.

It is quite possible to limit yourself to playing only QQ+ for the first three orbits and soundly beat $5 and $10 SNGs.

If you play a wider range of hands than that in the early going you should not be looking to play for your stack with less than two pair.

SNGs are shallow stack poker and you simply do not need to take risks early to do very well.
I appreciate the reponse Jimmy, seriously I do, but you are focusing on something ( the first outs) which again I shouldn't have mentioned.

When I have gone out in first it is something along these lines.

ME: AK raises typically 3 times the BB
winner: re-raises x6

Depending on what he has done before, or if I am lucky history from PO, either call or re-raise again.

Flop: A-K-3 (rainbow)

ME: 1/2- 3/4 of the pot
winner: re-raises all in (typically or doubles my bet)
ME: calls eithe case or myself push all in

winner shows: well doesn't really matter cause the out come is that I lose but as an example
-q-7 suited catches runner runner for the flush
-runner runner for the straight
-44 catches the third 4

Something along those lines, where I am out front and not by a little but a huge

This isn't really the problem, as I know ( or at least think) I played it well.

I also know that sometimes it is nothing more than just being unlucky, and if this was just a weeks worth of *GAH!* then I wouldn't have even posted.

What I am looking for is :

The next tourney you play I'll watch or post/email me the history and tell you where you were a donk and deserved to lose your chips...

I can handle brutal honesty, well anything but give up poker ;) so I don't mind being made fun of if it helps me improve.

All the *quote quote* proper ways to play, and tests I can find seem to indicate that I should be making some coin, I'm not and self evaluation only goes so far.
Old Sep 06, 2006, 6:48pm   #10
jimmytrick
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Jimmy your post says one thing then show another you didnt stay out of the way of morons you jumped right in his path. That donk was 25% to win after the turn, plus he would of played K9 the same way.
No sir. I said not to be willing to play for stacks without 2 pair or better. I did not mean to imply that you should pass on good opportunities to get the dOnk's chips. At this level I'll go broke on that.