THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:52am   #1
Evilcheese
Flop Artist

Evilcheese
Default More Hand Help

Not sure what to do here i have been playing tight for a little while and the villan is playing pretty loose often trying to steal blinds so i thought i would call him here, i ended up folding the hand but here is the history see what you think

***** Hand History for Game 5139737185 *****
NL Texas Hold'em 6 Buy-in Trny:28528757 Level:4 Blinds(100/200) - Sunday, September 10, 00:45:04 ET 2006
Table Table 111789 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: kamasutra16 ( 2964 )
Seat 10: Bandog99 ( 940 )
Seat 7: AzzaLol ( 6080 )
Seat 5: BRraiser ( 5674 )
Seat 9: luckd ( 4342 )
Trny:28528757 Level:4
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to AzzaLol [ Ac 6h ]
luckd folds.
Bandog99 folds.
kamasutra16 folds.
BRraiser raises [300].
AzzaLol calls [200].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, 3d, Ad ]
BRraiser bets [300].
AzzaLol raises [1200].
BRraiser calls [900].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
BRraiser bets [1225].
Evilcheese est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 10, 2006, 2:48pm   #2
riccohb
Grinder

riccohb

I think the fold was the right decision. There's just too much out there that he might have that's beating you. Flush, straight, Ace with a higher kicker... You have to work out whether, as a loose pot-stealer, he'd be prepared to raise you with any 2 cards. If that's the case, this board is more dangerous than it would be against a tight player, because you now have to worry that he might be holding 64 or 24 as well as the possible good ace.

I take it your thinking was that his bet on the flop was a continuation/probe bet. Seems fair enough to me, and if that's your thinking then the raise is the right move. At the very least his reaction to it gives you some information. Maybe a smaller raise would have been just as effective (maybe 800-900). One question - how do the raises here compare to his raises the other times he's been stealing? Bigger, smaller? These raises are quite small - if much smaller than his other steals they could indicate that he's got a good hand and wants to keep you in the pot. He only bets big after the turn, when your previous betting has already indicated that there's a good chance you'll call/reraise him.

You've got pot odds of about 2.5 to 1 after his bet on the turn. Let's say any 6 or 4 will win you the hand (chances are he'll have at least an ace, so those outs are counterfeited). A 6 will give you 2 pair that will beat his 2 pair (he'd have to have A5 or A3) and a 4 will give you a straight. That's 7 outs, which is odds of 6 to 1. And that doesn't take into account the fact that he might already have a straight, flush, trips etc. So you don't have the pot odds to call either.

I think you made a stand with the pot, but there comes a time when making a stand becomes sheer stubborness, and that's when you lose money. You made a raise for information after the flop, and you got an answer. You got out at the right time.

By the way, my betting is that he had 2 pair with an ace. Just a hunch. Do you know what he had?
riccohb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:41am   #3
Evilcheese
Flop Artist

Evilcheese

Yeah it was a pretty standard raise for him and he was doing it alot especially at my blind when he was sb and it was folded to him so i took it as a steal hence the re-raise on the flop, maybe a little large though.

Sorry i have no idea what he had
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:09am   #4
eugsti
Flop Artist

eugsti

I think your reraise his postflop bet was a nice move and could win against a lot of continuation bets (and it wasn't even a bluff), but maybe a little too high. His call and then the bet on the turn show strength, and your A6
is not the right hand to hold against it. Your fold was ok. If he's on a complete bluff and he does it often, he will end up losing eventually. Every constant bluffer runs into a real hand from time to time. So, just keep on folding if you're not confy with it and bust him when you hold the nuts!!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 2:18am   #5
Evilcheese
Flop Artist

Evilcheese

Yeah i managed to take him out 4 hands later after he lost a few chips and i hit 2 pair agains his bottom pair bluff, i seem to be seeing alot of these players in the low buy in SnG and last night was pretty bad with maniacs everywhere calling with bad hands but often hitting things seems to bring me out even most of the time because of the swings.

My stratergy is to to play alot of cheap flops with reasonable hands raise big on high pocket pairs but play AK AQ etc with a fair bit of caution due to the strange hands you end up against and then just try and get my money in when i have a good hand and i think they are overplaying TP or Middle pair. But since the only move alot seem to know is all in there is no room for post flop play so i was wondering what i could change, apart from playing a higher limit