THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:05pm   #1
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads
Default $1/2NL Video

OK some of you may have seen my attempts at making a few tournament videos before, the basic idea behind them is to help me evaluate my play since I can watch it again and I can show it to other people who can give me their opinion. The advantage is that we can see any previous action plus my thoughts at the time so its easier to make a more detailed evaluation.

There are a few mistakes in there and the session didn't go very well but thats why I'm showing you - no point in showing a session where I play great . I have discussed a few hands with some friends but extra opinions are always good, as always any comments at all are welcome.

Enjoy... http://www.sendspace.com/file/v3lix6http://www.sendspace.com/file/v3lix6

Edit: OK for some reason my PAHUD stats didn't record, no idea why since they have always come up on the videos before, if you hear me babling about random numbers it is probably a players stats which you cant see.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/

Last edited by shads; Sep 26, 2006 at 11:12pm.
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:10pm   #2
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Downloading now. And it is taking forever so give me a little bit.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:33am   #3
silu_nz
Doyle Look-alike

silu_nz

Will download it tonight. Is it FR? Would be nice as we don't have a full ring NLHE video yet.
silu_nz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 2:27am   #4
MannyIsGod
Professional

MannyIsGod
Send a message via AIM to MannyIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by silu_nz View Post
Will download it tonight. Is it FR? Would be nice as we don't have a full ring NLHE video yet.
Thats probably because NLFR is boring as all hell
MannyIsGod est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 2:47am   #5
ktownmatti
Doyle Look-alike

ktownmatti is on a distinguished road

I like how you tossed your 9's in the bb. UTG raised, then another player reraised. You were just barely getting implied odds after that reraise. Moreover, as you said in your commentary, short stacks seem to love the all in preflop and you didn't want to get caught there.

I thought you made a lot of good decsions regarding continuation bets, when to make them, and when not too.

I liked the hand with the 10's, he did call pretty quickly so I think there was some strength there. I read the river bet as a value bet as well, I think busted draw would have bet more. Good fold I think.

Wtf was the donk with the q,7 thinking? Nice size reraise with your boat, straight has to call that I think.

The hand with AK, I think he had jacks, and called your 1/2 sized pot bet with an inside straight draw, then made his set on the turn. I would have been done with that hand right there too. I might have led with a slightly larger bet, as if I had kings or aces i would have made a atleast a 3/4 pot sized bet- but I suppose he is probably not letting go of queens or jacks there no matter what u bet, so perhaps a 1/2 sized bet would be enough for him to let go of a,q or a,j or small pp that missed.

I would have called the hand with the 4's after LAG (i think u said he was LAG) player raised utg. You were both deep stacked enough, plus, being that he's LAG, you should be able to get paid well if u hit.

Overall... I'd say u got skills
ktownmatti est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:08am   #6
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I'm downloading this, will watch later today. I should be able to learn something...by the way, how'd the $3 turbo go?

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:08am   #7
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

One thing I think you missed out on is you should have been all-in with the J4. If probably was not that much more to earn value wise but it would have helped. No real issues with anything else but this is not enough for me to give a great opinion on.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:51am   #8
shads
public enemy

Thanks guys. Ishbu thats a good point - I think I was just being lazy but I could have got an extra $2.50 which is well worth an extra mouse click and I'll certainly try to make sure I max my value in the future.

Part 2 will probably be up later today so I would appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on that too. Thanks.

I bubbled the $3 turbo. Gutted.

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:31am   #9
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished watching this. From here it looked like you had a horrible session, bad luck all over the place, reloading left and right. Like, the hand where you flopped a set of 2's? The 67 two pair hand? Those were just painful.

Other than that I did like your play. It was a little less loose than I'd imagined, from your posts always stating "I'd been playing LAG, of course", but maybe my expectations were a bit off. I liked the button raises with SC's and stuff. And I did notice you're usually either folding or raising, calling very rarely. These are things I need to work on myself, so in that sense it was an education to watch. I'll be on the lookout for pt. 2.

Oh, those turbo's are a pain...I used to bubble regularly in the 1.50's, which fit my current, tiny bankroll better, but I kinda gave up on them...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:34pm   #10
shads
public enemy

Well I think I played a little tighter than normal but thats because when you are talking it takes up a lot of thinking time so I didn't want to get into too many tricky spots. I think my VPIP is generally around 30% which is fairly loose but nothing very special, also even when you play "LAG" you still need some sort of cards most of the time and if you don't get many good hands whether that be 96s or AQ you can't really play.