THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:21pm   #1
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads
Default $1/2 NL Video Part 2

This is the second part to the video, it is longer than the previous part and hence fairly large. Again I would be grateful for any advice or comments. I think it is worth noting that I seem to play slightly tighter than normal either because I had a rough start to the session or because I'm talking and so generally not getting as involved.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u032zr

Thanks.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:34pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loading. Stupid Sendspace won't give me more than 60-70 kb/sec, so this might take a while. Oh well..

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:01pm   #3
shads
public enemy

I can normally get 100+ on SS have you tried using a download accelerator?

Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:11pm   #4
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, but I got over two thirds of the file now. I'll just do something useful in the meantime.

*Twiddles thumbs*

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:17pm   #5
AK47
Brunson

AK47

44min to go, ill make a few BB in the meantime
AK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:05pm   #6
tmash
Brunson

tmash

Didn't notice anything there really that was played poorly. Very solid poker, well done. Glad that your luck from the first session turned around!
tmash est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2006, 1:09pm   #7
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

Really nice videos mate. Would love to see more of the $1 $2 action. what software are you using?? - it seems quite useful.

I like the way you play, its good to watch, and the commentary is great.

-Petroz
Petroz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2006, 1:28pm   #8
shads
public enemy

The software which displays some stats on the screen is called PAHUD, it also needs PT aka Poker Tracker to function. There are loads of threads about these programs so if you need any more info just use the search function.

Glad you liked the videos, I may make more in the future since they help me a lot too.

Old Oct 05, 2006, 8:22am   #9
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

i would love to see more videos.
I'm a micro stakes player that plays solid but being a student i don't have the cash to invest into a bankroll so i'm playing $100 at the 5c/10c tables. I love seeing the action at the higher stakes because i know when ever i've ventured there i've been so conservative i cannot play back and get bet out of most pots. For this reason i've given up this oppertunistic approach of hoping to win big as i realise it's silly to say the least. I was convinced that these players were really good but seeing your video has shed light on this. If i can grind my way up to a decent amount I beleive I would be able to play these kinds of players. Some of them were truely woeful.

I hope it's not rude of me to ask roughly how big your bankroll is. I'm curious if you think it's necessary to have 4x as much to play at certain stakes if you're going to play 4 tables at once. I strugle to read players with 3 tables and usually play only 2.

Keep up the good work, I have no critism of your play, except maybe giving that Q 7 player against your full house too much credit LOL -that hand was amazing.

Petroz
Petroz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2006, 10:05am   #10
shads
public enemy

Well tommorow I'm going back to uni myself after an insanely long holiday but I might be able to get another video done in week or so. As for the banroll issue I think that playing multiple tables helps to reduce variance a bit so I am happy with a 30 buyin rule, once I hit 10k I will probably start playing 2/4, if I ever find myself at 3k I will drop down to 0.5/1.

I actually find the low stakes easier and more enjoyable to play compared to the micro stakes because the micro players are normally just so unpredictable and illogical. You seem like a decent player so once you have what you deem to be a sufficient bankroll (atleast 20 buyins for most people) I would move up limits.

Last edited by shads; Oct 05, 2006 at 12:23pm.