THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:01pm   #1
sflowers12000
Flop Artist

sflowers12000 is on a distinguished road
Default ROI question

Maybe this is to soon to tell, but I've kept a spreadsheet over the past week (since I've started playing for real money) of my wins and loss info.

I've calculated my ROI and it has come to 82.58% at the $10+$1 SnG tables at PokerStars.

Mind you, this is after only 20 tournaments, but should I maybe try my luck at the $20+$2 tables yet, or is it too soon to tell?

My stats so far are:

%ITM -> 50.00%
% 1st when ITM -> 55.56%
ROI -> $82.58%

Not boasting myself or anything, because this is fairly fresh info, but just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thanks
sflowers12000 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:13pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Great stats so far dude. You need lots more to be able to draw a meaningful conclusion about your long-term ROI, though, so don't get your hopes up yet. I'd play at least 80 more, then evaluate the numbers and decide if you wanna move up limits. But then again, I'm conservative like that...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:16pm   #3
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

That's by no means conservative. A sample of 100 SNGs is still just little more than a fart in a storm. You better play a lot more, prove that you can beat your stakes over a meaningful sample and then consider moving up.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:23pm   #4
rickey
Doyle Look-alike

rickey

What about your bankroll? Do you have the bankroll to support some nasty variance at the higher stakes?

I agree that your sample is way too small to be making any conclusions.
rickey est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:25pm   #5
sflowers12000
Flop Artist

My BR is not high enough yet to sustain a losing streak. It is only up to about $300 so far. So no, if i hit a run of bad cards. I would not feel comfortable.

P.S. Could either of you please reply to this other thead I posted earlier today that I could use a little bit more info on. Please read my reply to the first guy before you make a response.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...d=1#post343446

-Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:04pm   #6
silu_nz
Doyle Look-alike

silu_nz

Over approx 300 SNG's ($5 & $10) my ROI is about 24% which is IMHO quite good.

I use this BR management for SNG's:

Level Minimum Bankroll
$5+1 $170
$10+1 $220
$20+2 $500
$30+3 $800
$50+5 $1100
$100+9 $2200

Although I have $500 i first want to crush the $10 SNG's before moving to the $20.
silu_nz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:30pm   #7
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Be mentally prepared, sflowers12000, for the ROI to drop to about 20% (or even lower). While it might not seem like it, you have been very lucky so far. Anything above 40% is almost impossible. Above 30% is very very good and 20% is good.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:13am   #8
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Mushroom. My $5 and $10 SNG ROI is right at 20% and I'm happy with that. A much better player maybe could sustain 30%, but 83% is an anomolous hot streak. Ride it while you can!
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:55am   #9
Grinder
Brunson

Grinder

I'm about 24% is the standard for GOOD play.
Grinder est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:41pm   #10
sflowers12000
Flop Artist

Thanks for the input guys. I am aware that 80% is very very high, and that it will start to drop very soon I'm sure. I'm gonna keep going to try to get my BR up to around $500-$600 before I jump to the $20 tables.

Thanks again