THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Oct 02, 2006, 5:39pm   #1
AllPartyAce
somewhat retired

AllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Even more worst bad beat ...

Hi everyone,

I've already read alot in this forum, now that my first post. I just have to you tell this bad beat:

$5+$0.5 SnG at Europoker. I've had a bad day and already lost some SnGs. Then I finnally see a chance to get in the money. Top 3 payed, 4 left.
(For those who don't speak german: Mitgehen=Call , Erhöhen=Raise)

Tisch 'Berlin': 20-20 No Limit HE (TournamentChips)
Platz 0: x biber (1.765 in Chips)
Platz 4: Maestro4854 (1.400 in Chips) (am Knopf)
Platz 6: AllPartyAce (2.315 in Chips)
Platz 9: IbindaChef (9.520 in Chips)
*** Blind-Bet-Runde *** :
Ausgeteilt an AllPartyAce: Qs
Ausgeteilt an AllPartyAce: Qc
AllPartyAce: Blind zahlen (200)
IbindaChef: Blind zahlen (400)
*** Pre-Flop *** :
x biber: Passen
Maestro4854: Passen
AllPartyAce: Mitgehen (200)
IbindaChef: Checken
*** Flop *** : Jc 5d 6h
AllPartyAce: Checken
IbindaChef: Checken
*** Turn *** : [ Jc 5d 6h ] 3s
Ausgeteilt an IbindaChef: 9d
Ausgeteilt an IbindaChef: 3h
AllPartyAce: Checken
IbindaChef: Setzen (800)
AllPartyAce: Erhöhen (1.915)
AllPartyAce: All-in (1.915)
IbindaChef: Mitgehen (1.115)
*** River *** : [ Jc 5d 6h 3s ] 9s
Ausgeteilt an IbindaChef: 9d
Ausgeteilt an IbindaChef: 3h

what made him call that ?
AllPartyAce est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 02, 2006, 6:28pm   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, you played it horribly, honestly...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 7:00pm   #3
ktownmatti
Doyle Look-alike

ktownmatti is on a distinguished road

The FPS got u on that one.... "Fancy Play Syndrome"
ktownmatti est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 7:48pm   #4
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Here's why you lost.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28349

I love being able to link to this thread - it's my favourite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 8:08pm   #5
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
Here's why you lost.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28349

I love being able to link to this thread - it's my favourite.
yeah, it's a CLASSIC

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2006, 8:23pm   #6
AllPartyAce
somewhat retired

AllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond reputeAllPartyAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
Dude, you played it horribly, honestly...
I'm a newbie so i'd like to know how you would have played it. That is what I thought:
I know that slowplaying PPs is a very bad idea but I was sure that he would fold on any preflop or flop bet, he always did it. And I also was sure that he would bet on flop or turn if I checked. As there were no A or K, moved in.
Maybe I played it horrible, but you must admit that his call wasn't good neither.
Old Oct 03, 2006, 9:07am   #7
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPartyAce View Post
I'm a newbie so i'd like to know how you would have played it. That is what I thought:
I know that slowplaying PPs is a very bad idea but I was sure that he would fold on any preflop or flop bet, he always did it.
If you have this kind of read on the OP raise every time in this situation to steal his BB, don't give the OP a free flop to beat your big hands. Only slowplay a big hand preflop if you are sure that a loose/agressive player will raise you if you limp.

He called because you hadn't given him any reason to think he was beat and his Pot Odds were around 3:1.
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2006, 3:18pm   #8
AllPartyAce
somewhat retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsastard View Post
If you have this kind of read on the OP raise every time in this situation to steal his BB
I felt like I have to get more out of him than just the BB. How could I've made that or is it simply the best to take the Blind with hands like that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsastard View Post
He called because you hadn't given him any reason to think he was beat and his Pot Odds were around 3:1.
Actually it was my intention to make him call with a weak hand. And in fact he had 11% odds on that call. That's why I felt .
Old Oct 03, 2006, 7:52pm   #9
chriscorn
Doyle Look-alike

chriscorn

Wait wait wait hold up, whats Checken mean?
Old Oct 04, 2006, 6:32pm   #10
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPartyAce View Post
I felt like I have to get more out of him than just the BB. How could I've made that or is it simply the best to take the Blind with hands like that ?

Actually it was my intention to make him call with a weak hand. And in fact he had 11% odds on that call. That's why I felt .
With an 'M' of less than 4 you should be pushing any two reasonable cards, AI or fold, don't get fancy. The OP's Pot Odds were 3515/1115 or just over 3/1 which is different to his odds of winning the hand. His call was definitely -EV but as I posted before he probably didn't realise he was only 11% to win the hand as you hadn't shown any strength until the turn and then the Pot Odds priced him in to making the call anyway.

Last edited by Badsastard; Oct 04, 2006 at 6:52pm.
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote