THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 05, 2006, 8:43pm   #1
papaluke
Flop Artist

papaluke
Default Call all in?

I had seen the guy push all in before with J2 and hit a two to double up. The previous hand they also lost a reasonably big pot so they seemed to be playing on tilt. I have a strong hand which I'm 90% sure is the best hand, and it was. My question is should I call being confident of having the best hand (and relying on luck) or fold and wait for a better situation?

Hand 1223719141, Started at 05/11/2006 10:38
Table 'Sancho710's HE': $0.25-$0.25 No Limit HE (Real)
Seat 0: Sancho710 ($45.55 in chips)
Seat 2: lionel zz ($5 in chips)
Seat 4: hakky1 ($10.20 in chips)
Seat 6: kyypeli ($16.20 in chips)
Seat 7: papaluke86 ($33.35 in chips)
Seat 8: tuopare ($7.55 in chips)
Seat 9: heizus ($28.60 in chips) (on the button)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
Dealt to papaluke86: Qh
Dealt to papaluke86: Ac
Sancho710 : Post Blind ($0.15)
lionel zz : Post Blind ($0.25)
*** Pre-Flop *** :
hakky1 : Fold
kyypeli : Call ($0.25)
papaluke86 : Bet ($1)
tuopare : Raise ($7.55)
tuopare : All In ($7.55)
heizus : Fold
Sancho710 : Fold
lionel zz : Fold
kyypeli : Fold
papaluke86 : Call ($6.55)
*** Flop *** : 6h 8c 3c
*** Turn *** : [ 6h 8c 3c ] 8s
*** River *** : [ 6h 8c 3c 8s ] 2c
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $15.25 | Rake: $0.50
Board: [ 6h 8c 3c 8s 2c]
Sancho710 lost $0.15
lionel zz lost $0.25
hakky1 lost $0
kyypeli lost $0.25
papaluke86 lost $7.55 Shows [ Qh Ac ] (a pair of eights)
tuopare bet $7.55, collected $15.25, net $7.70 Shows [ 6d Jc ] (two pairs, eights and sixes)
heizus lost $0
papaluke est déconnecté  

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 05, 2006, 9:10pm   #2
Petroz
Doyle Look-alike

Petroz is on a distinguished road

AQ is a pretty strong hand to call down these crazies IMO. They've probably watched too many televised final tables and think any ace/PP is a good hand to get all your chips in with preflop. But you need to be careful because these players are capable of catching premium hands and they're probably going to push with them too. If the player is the kind that will play loose post flop then maybe finding a better spot is the right option.

-Petroz
Petroz est déconnecté  
Old Nov 05, 2006, 9:10pm   #3
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

If your 90% sure you have the best hand its a simple call. You could wait for a better hand, but if the guy keeps playign recklessly someone else will have busted him by than.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 8:54am   #4
eric melvin rules
Grinder

eric melvin rules is on a distinguished road

Not a chance I would call an all in holding AQ off suit... even if I know the person is holding rags.

Why? 1) Because even though you have the best hand at the moment - against most hands it's only a 3 to 2 favorite.... which is almost a coin flip.

2) You have no opportunity to outplay this guy post-flop, and you just have to cross your fingers and hope they don't suck out on you.

3) Nobody else is in this hand, so you're only getting 1-1 on your money here... that's not very good, especially when it's for about 1/5 of your total chips.

I would only call this bet holding a strong pair - 10's at the absolute min.... The only way I would call a large all in bet holding a marginal hand like AQ is if I was already pot commited (you weren't), I had a good idea of what the guy had and believed I had them dominated (you didn't know what the guy had, and you didn't have him dominated), or if I was tilting and wanted to gamble.

Just my two cents....
eric melvin rules est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 10:47am   #5
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
Not a chance I would call an all in holding AQ off suit... even if I know the person is holding rags.

Quote:
a 3 to 2 favorite.... which is almost a coin flip.
No offence but please don't give other people advice when you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 12:42pm   #6
YYZ
Brunson

YYZ
Send a message via AIM to YYZ

Since this is a cash game i believe it would be correct to call him here if you are really sure your AQ is good. As is my understanding you should be willing to exploit any advantage in a cash game since putting all the money in ahead will make you money in the long run, unlike in a tourney where it may be correct to fold at times.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 12:54pm   #7
eric melvin rules
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shads View Post
No offence but please don't give other people advice when you have no idea what you are talking about.
No offense but don't tell somebody they have no idea what they're talking about after saying "no offense"....

The fact is, against most hands that you're calling all in against with AQ you're not favored by that much.... and it's not a call I'd make. I realize that AQ is actualy more like a 2 to 1 favorite against most crap hands.... but that's still not a call I'd make. Does that 10% make that big of a difference to you? Give me a break.... As for your attitude - see my avatar.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 1:51pm   #8
spalding25
4 betting KT for value

spalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a cash game so obviously 10% makes a huge difference. You say you wouldn't instantly call this given the read he had (which judging by the hand history was spot on)? I certainly would.
spalding25 est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 2:41pm   #9
eric melvin rules
Grinder

I guess I'm a little jilted... I've called one too many all in holding something like AQ knowing the guy pushed with rags - then pounded my face on my desk after the guy caught a pair and I didn't.... I don't claim to be an expert - but I'm simply not going to risk that much of my stack unless I feel like I have the person totally dominated. I'd rather see a flop and get some idea where the hand is going before I'm willing to risk that much. That's my style... and I don't think that means I don't know what I'm doing. The fact that I play $.10 NL means that I have no idea what I'm doing.....
Old Nov 06, 2006, 3:48pm   #10
AMDeluxe
Doyle Look-alike

AMDeluxe

Quote:
I guess I'm a little jilted... I've called one too many all in holding something like AQ knowing the guy pushed with rags - then pounded my face on my desk after the guy caught a pair and I didn't.... I don't claim to be an expert - but I'm simply not going to risk that much of my stack unless I feel like I have the person totally dominated. I'd rather see a flop and get some idea where the hand is going before I'm willing to risk that much. That's my style... and I don't think that means I don't know what I'm doing. The fact that I play $.10 NL means that I have no idea what I'm doing.....
It's really not a matter of style. The way to win at cash games is to take any +EV opportunity. Sure, you might lose fairly often, but that's the point of playing within your bankroll.
AMDeluxe est déconnecté  
Closed Thread