THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 06, 2006, 4:34pm   #11
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
Not a chance I would call an all in holding AQ off suit... even if I know the person is holding rags.

Why? 1) Because even though you have the best hand at the moment - against most hands it's only a 3 to 2 favorite.... which is almost a coin flip.

2) You have no opportunity to outplay this guy post-flop, and you just have to cross your fingers and hope they don't suck out on you.

3) Nobody else is in this hand, so you're only getting 1-1 on your money here... that's not very good, especially when it's for about 1/5 of your total chips.

I would only call this bet holding a strong pair - 10's at the absolute min.... The only way I would call a large all in bet holding a marginal hand like AQ is if I was already pot commited (you weren't), I had a good idea of what the guy had and believed I had them dominated (you didn't know what the guy had, and you didn't have him dominated), or if I was tilting and wanted to gamble.

Just my two cents....

When playin a cash game you should do whatever makes you money in the long run. Even if it is a small edege like 43/57 you can push it becuse in the end you will winout. Do not fold AQ here because you hate wild swings, fold only if you think it is no good...

ps i know at micro limits the play is pretty bad and you often get huge mistakes, so exploiting small edeges may not seem all that important, but as you move up the huge mistakes become less frequent...

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc

Last edited by acehole_76; Nov 06, 2006 at 4:39pm.
acehole_76 est déconnecté  

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 06, 2006, 5:26pm   #12
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

[quote=eric melvin rules;365226]No offense but don't tell somebody they have no idea what they're talking about after saying "no offense"..../[quote]

OK I should have been a bit more diplomatic so I'm sorry if you were overly offended.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 6:34pm   #13
eric melvin rules
Grinder

eric melvin rules is on a distinguished road

Oh shads....A bit more diplomatic? You didn't even make a point - all you did was say I don't know what I'm talking about, and you act suprised that I'd be offended....... anyway....

Acehole - I understand that in the long run you'll win more often than lose when making this call -- but I still can't justify calling off a good part of my chip stack on what is in my opinion a gamble. If this were a tournament - where I need to get chips as fast as possible - I'd be more willing to make the call (assuming I had the same read that they player held nothing good)... I know this goes against conventional wisdom, but I'd rather take my time at a ring game and pick my spots on my own terms. I absolutely HATE calling an all in in cash games without feeling I have a huge advantage.....
eric melvin rules est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 6:58pm   #14
shads
public enemy

To be honest I'm not suprised since the truth hurts, yes I should have made some points and given some constructive criticism but hey no-one is perfect, I'll try harder next time.

shads est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 7:02pm   #15
eric melvin rules
Grinder

eric melvin rules is on a distinguished road

You have anything to say about poker or are you too busy thinking you're superior to everyone? Like I said before - I don't claim to be an expert at poker - in fact I claim to be a pretty weak player... does that mean I can't say what I would do in a certain situation? NO. Grow up guy.
eric melvin rules est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 7:04pm   #16
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If I had seen a guy pushing hands like J2 and overall playing crap hands then I'm probably calling his AI with AQo ... AQo is 67% favorite against J6o .. way to tempting odds to fold the hand. Lets say you gave him a little more credit and thought he was pushing with something in the JTs range - then you are still around 60% favorite. With your read I would call here every time. Of course it sucks big time to see him win with J6o but if you keep calling in these situations it will make you very happy to look at your stats and see how much you made on these kind of calls. Trust me it will be high number - mine is. In the micros opportunities like this are just too good to pass on.
Molinero est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 7:20pm   #17
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

If I had a read on the guy as a maniac i'd be calling here. If my read was uncertain I may wait for a spot where I can push the action and catch them with a preflop check raise all in.

As its a cash game I would call this especially given the guys starting ahnd requirement. They could just as easily of had Q2 instead of J 2 - at which point they would be dominated.
staphros est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 7:35pm   #18
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Acehole - I understand that in the long run you'll win more often than lose when making this call -- but I still can't justify calling off a good part of my chip stack on what is in my opinion a gamble.
In cash games their is no such thing as part of your chip stack, its part of your whole bankroll, if you lose you can just rebuy.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 7:54pm   #19
shads
public enemy

Well I don't want to make this any worse so OK, your entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I hope you enjoy the forum and get a lot out of it.

shads est déconnecté  
Old Nov 06, 2006, 8:26pm   #20
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
You have anything to say about poker or are you too busy thinking you're superior to everyone? Like I said before - I don't claim to be an expert at poker - in fact I claim to be a pretty weak player... does that mean I can't say what I would do in a certain situation? NO. Grow up guy.
Well, you don't know what you are talking about so why don't you shut up until you do?

jimmytrick est déconnecté  
Closed Thread