THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Nov 08, 2006, 5:40am   #1
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road
Default 200NL --- Huge move What you guys think.

I just saw this hand played out on a recorded video... jpokeder is the author ... It's a 6max 1/2 nl ring game on stars. jpokeder has a loose / aggressive table image, because he is infact very lag. Here is how the hand played out.

jpokedher (hero) - BB [208.00 in chips]
villan - SB [255.00 in chips]

Delt to hero - 6c Tc
Folded around to villan in sb
villan mini raises.
hero calls.
(Pot $8 )

---Flop---
7c 5s 8s

Hero says "So here it's min raised to me, hes got a full stack so im gonna call it. This is a good flop for me... im open ended, im definintly going to bet at it. "
villan checks.
Hero bets $6.
villan raises to $18 total.
Hero says "And he raises me, so at this point im going to put him on a hand like A8, umm, maybe Q8..."
Hero calls.
(Pot $44)

---Turn---
[7c 5s 8s] 2s

villian bets $20.
Hero says "so now he fronts bets me, i really dont think he has a flush draw so im definintly going to raise here.. and im going to raise enough so that he has enough behind and the pot is big enough that I can push the river and he is not pot committed to call.... he might have a hand like 2 pair with 5 7 or 8 7 ... thats possible as well... "
Hero raises to $62 total.
Villain Calls.
(Pot $168 )

---River---
[7c 5s 8s 2s] 6s
Hero says "thats not a great card, but I can definintly represent it because i dont think he has a spade. unless he has 8 A with the A of spades but that makes no sence. "
villian bets $25.
Hero continues talking ... "so even if he has two pair or even a strait it will be pretty close to imposible for him to call this bet"
hero raises to $125 total and is all in.
Hero continues "So I dont know to much about this player but i do know this is a very nice spot to be able to pull this move off."
Villian thinks untill his time is almost gone and folds.

I saw this and was shocked as hell... I mean, what do you guys think about this. This guy is not some dumbass I mean he is very good and makes very good reads / plays / moves. I guess im just asking what you think about it...
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 08, 2006, 6:37am   #2
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

That resembles a real hand of poker.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 8:36am   #3
ryanb9
Grinder

no this is a real hand of poker... it was a video like hustler's on this sight.. i just wrote it all out...
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:58am   #4
wDawks
Brunson

wDawks
Send a message via AIM to wDawks

How many different ways can you find to spell villain?
Old Nov 08, 2006, 7:13pm   #5
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

If you can't pull off a bluff on a 4 to a straight, 4 to a flush board. You're not going to be pulling off to many bluffs.

I thought his analysis was bizarre. WAY too narrow hand ranges in my opinion.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 7:20pm   #6
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wDawks View Post
How many different ways can you find to spell villain?

I guess he wasn't sure so, heck throw in all the possible variations and one is going to be right.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:56pm   #7
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

this is played as aggressive as HU ough to be played. I think the villian will lay down any hand besides As, Ks or Qs. calling with Js would be pretty tough.

what would you call with? yould you guys call this with a Ts? Maybe even wih the nut str8??

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:11am   #8
TheOtherRake
Flop Artist

TheOtherRake
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherRake

Am i the only one who sees a problem with this bluff? I mean, obviously it worked this time so it seems like a good play, but, as Notjitsu stated, his reads were a bit off. I understand firing on the flop and even the turn, but the river? with nothing but a pair? the "hero" even admits he doesn't know what this guy has...he could be up against an idiotic player who calls him down with just overpair (i've seen this plenty of times at these stakes), or he could be against someone with A-Q of spades that is content just letting this guy reraise him and making the call. I mean, if i was in the villians situation, i'd be hard pressed to call without a spade of some sort, but it just seems a really risky move to fire that many barrels at a board where your once great draw is now shot. In short, i see this as a great one-time play, but i think if you continually made moves like this you'll get stacked more often then its worth.

"you suck at poker...you only play good cards"
TheOtherRake est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 3:56am   #9
ryanb9
Grinder

Well like bubble boy asked... from the other guys p.o.v. I guess I cant call there w/out the K or A of spades. jpokeder is clearly representing a A/K of spades... I mean, of course we see what he has but if you were on the other end with the nut strait... maybe 6h 9s... you have a 9 high flush on the river... he goes all in... I mean, do you call this? I really wouldnt... I mean, I dono about long run ... no... but he made this move (this big of a move) one time in the 1.5 hr movie... To tell you the truth I think its crazy good how well he pulled it off. I mean you gotta have ballz. Some people play their cards, some people play other people's cards. I dono. I kinda like the move =P
Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:25pm   #10
TheOtherRake
Flop Artist

TheOtherRake
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherRake

Well, using this move once in a while is perhaps a great move, I guess i'm just too much of a pussy to risk all my chips on (1) the notion that the guy's not stupid enough to call with a weak spade or a striaght (i mean think about if he had flopped the straight or a set...he may just call out of spite for having been drawn out on--i've seen plenty of people do it, hell i even have in some situations) and (2) that the villian DOESN'T have a high spade. But, i'll agree to disagree. And he won, so he made the right call.

"you suck at poker...you only play good cards"
TheOtherRake est déconnecté   Reply With Quote