THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:01pm   #11
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

True. I just like to exaggerate like that...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:02pm   #12
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

I'm not nearly good enough to get away from set over set, but that's okay because neither is anyone else at micro/small stakes NL, making it a wash. You're about 90% to win from the flop with a set against an overpair assuming no backdoor draws.

You don't actually have to get their stack every time. You just have to average getting more than eight times their raise back when you hit.

The reraise tends to depend on the player, etc. Assuming I figure them for a higher pair, I call if they have more than eight times the raise back. If I think there's a high likelihood of them having AT+ or whatever and they're trying to resteal or some damn thing, I take it to the flop and take it away from them if I figure they missed.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:56am   #13
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

Ausome imput. How about this... Lets say your are ep, you have 22, and limp. Button (TAG Player) raises 4x. His standerd raise w/AA-TT and AK-AJsuited. You call (HU) and flop is - Kd 2h Ts - Pot has... 9.5 BB's in there. So in 100NL (For example) ... Pot is $9.50. You both have $96.00 left in your stacks.

The question is... best posible way to stack your opponant. Obviously this is a dream flop for you right? Would you guys ... check raise, bet 1/2 pot, bet 3/4 pot, bet pot, over bet pot, bet mini then re raise 3x... ect. What do you guys like to use inorder to stack an opp. in this case.
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:43am   #14
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

limp-call, check-call is screaming pocket pair and likely set if you show a willingness to play for stacks. edit: I guess it might be a draw, but it's not terribly likely. A min-checkraise might be interpreted that way, but people seem to be fond of mincheckraising the nuts too, so that's a little iffy.

I wouldn't have open limped, but yeah. It kind of depends on how aggressive, observant, and stupid they are. I'd generally bet $7 and see what happens. If he raises to say $27, I call, bet $40 on the turn, and push the river.

If he flat calls the lead, I bet the pot on the turn and push if he raises.

The idea is to get to the river with enough money in the pot that your push is a pot sized bet or less.

(there is an alternative school of thought that points out if you bet the pot all the way, they need to call a lot less than the 2/3, 2/3, 1/2 pot bets. There is merit to this, but I very rarely bet the pot and wouldn't want to signal anyone away.)

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:29am   #15
MuyTheRat
Grinder

MuyTheRat
Send a message via AIM to MuyTheRat

Quote:
I'm not nearly good enough to get away from set over set, but that's okay because neither is anyone else at micro/small stakes NL, making it a wash. You're about 90% to win from the flop with a set against an overpair assuming no backdoor draws.
This is not only true at micro/small stakes NL. Unless you get very specific reads on players at higher stakes, set over set still loses alot of money. There would be very, very few players who can get away from set over set type hands at any level. IMHO.

Quote:
Ausome imput. How about this... Lets say your are ep, you have 22, and limp. Button (TAG Player) raises 4x. His standerd raise w/AA-TT and AK-AJsuited. You call (HU) and flop is - Kd 2h Ts - Pot has... 9.5 BB's in there. So in 100NL (For example) ... Pot is $9.50. You both have $96.00 left in your stacks.
Don't limp it. Limping in 6-max sucks. If i did limp it for the sake of changing up my game and keeping opponents guessing, i lead out with a pot sized bet, hope he has AK and re-raises me. I'm assuming no other callers after you limp/call?
MuyTheRat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2006, 12:52pm   #16
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

PP hand of the day (Note: This didn't involve me, just happened to catch it. Figured I'd share this gem with you...)

PokerStars Game #7280051415: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2006/12/03 - 07:45:57 (ET)
Table 'Iduna II' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: 19mustang96 ($6.40 in chips)
Seat 3: El pokere ($3.95 in chips)
Seat 6: HELLGRABLE ($12.70 in chips)
19mustang96: posts small blind $0.05
El pokere: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
HELLGRABLE: folds
19mustang96: calls $0.05
CezaRoneBet joins the table at seat #5
Cyberantoine was removed from the table for failing to post
rturtle joins the table at seat #1
El pokere: raises $0.20 to $0.30
19mustang96: calls $0.20
*** FLOP *** [3h 4d 6d]
19mustang96: checks
El pokere: bets $0.50
19mustang96: raises $0.50 to $1
El pokere: raises $0.50 to $1.50
19mustang96: raises $0.50 to $2
El pokere: raises $0.50 to $2.50
19mustang96: raises $0.50 to $3
El pokere: raises $0.50 to $3.50
19mustang96: raises $0.50 to $4
El pokere: calls $0.15 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [3h 4d 6d] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [3h 4d 6d Th] [5c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
19mustang96: shows [3c 3d] (three of a kind, Threes)
El pokere: shows [2h 2c] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
El pokere collected $7.55 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $7.90 | Rake $0.35
Board [3h 4d 6d Th 5c]
Seat 2: 19mustang96 (small blind) showed [3c 3d] and lost with three of a kind, Threes
Seat 3: El pokere (big blind) showed [2h 2c] and won ($7.55) with a straight, Deuce to Six
Seat 6: HELLGRABLE (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2006, 1:29pm   #17
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Classic
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2006, 6:50am   #18
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Playing tight:ep I'm raising AA-99;MP AA-77;LP AA-77,the blinds limping in and also in late position with 66-22

semi-tight :EP raising AA-77;mp AA raising AA-77;LP raising them all.

Semi-loose: raising AA-22 from all positions.

But I may limp in from any position with QQ-TT about 1/6 of the time and with 99-77 1/3 of the time.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2006, 12:10pm   #19
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyTheRat View Post
This is not only true at micro/small stakes NL. Unless you get very specific reads on players at higher stakes, set over set still loses alot of money. There would be very, very few players who can get away from set over set type hands at any level. IMHO.
That and folding a set to another set is considered EV neutral for a reason. If you do not go broke on set over set on every level (barring some very very specific read), then you or your opponent are likely badly misplaying their hand.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:25pm   #20
Idisagree
Fish

Idisagree is on a distinguished road

@Ryanb9
Vety
Idisagree est déconnecté   Reply With Quote