THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:20am   #1
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road
Default C-Betting in 6maxNL --Speak--

Hey guys, I got so much feedback on the PP's post I decided to do another. I think these semi-general posts help a ton. And as always, thanks for the feedback I will use 100NL as the basis for the post.

So, C-Betting in 6maxNL -

For all of these examples, lets assume you raised 4x PF w/ Ah Kd
I guess ill just go A,B,C, ect... and you guys can write out how much you would C-Bet (If you would). (Full stacks for all live players)

Case #1: Out of postion - 2 callers - Pot is $12.00

A: Jh 5c 2s
B: Jh 5h 2h
C: Th Js 2c
D: 2s 3s 5c

Case # 2: Out of postion - 1 caller - Pot is $8.00

E: Jh 5c 2s
F: Th Qs 2c
G: 2h 2s 2c
H:

Case # 3: In position - 3 callers - Checked to you - Pot is $16.00

I: Jh 5c 2s
J: 3s 3h Tc
K: 5s 8c Th
L: Ts Th 2c

Case # 4: In position - 2 callers - Checked to you - Pot is $12.00

M: Jh 5c 2s
N: 4c 5c Qh
O: 7s 8c 9s
P: 4c 4h Js

I guess just copy and past this into your post and write the ammount you would C-Bet (or just say check if you wouldnt) ... and maybe on some controversial flops write a brief reason why you would C-Bet that ammount.

A: $
B: $
C: $
D: $
E: $
F: $
G: $
H: $
I: $
J: $
K: $
L: $

M: $
N: $
O: $
P: $

Just reply when you get time... Thanks guys!

ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:52am   #2
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

A-H: 2/3 of the pot. (I cannot remember the last time I didn't c-bet a heads up pot, btw.)

I-L depend on the table but I probably don't bet. I doubt everyone folds, you're liable to get checkraised by EP, you're probably behind if you get called, etc. I'd be raising 5-7x with limpers in front of my raise, by the way.

I probably bet 2/3 on M and P. I might bet out on O, but only if I thought any draws would fold to a PSB. N is wierd because of the queen, but I probably bet that too.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:55am   #3
Sneakyshadowstalker
Brunson

Sneakyshadowstalker is on a distinguished road

So, C-Betting in 6maxNL -

For all of these examples, lets assume you raised 4x PF w/ Ah Kd
I guess ill just go A,B,C, ect... and you guys can write out how much you would C-Bet (If you would). (Full stacks for all live players)

Case #1: Out of postion - 2 callers - Pot is $12.00

A: Jh 5c 2s
B: Jh 5h 2h
C: Th Js 2c
D: 2s 3s 5c

Case # 2: Out of postion - 1 caller - Pot is $8.00

E: Jh 5c 2s
F: Th Qs 2c
G: 2h 2s 2c
H:

Case # 3: In position - 3 callers - Checked to you - Pot is $16.00

I: Jh 5c 2s
J: 3s 3h Tc
K: 5s 8c Th
L: Ts Th 2c

Case # 4: In position - 2 callers - Checked to you - Pot is $12.00

M: Jh 5c 2s
N: 4c 5c Qh
O: 7s 8c 9s
P: 4c 4h Js

I guess just copy and past this into your post and write the ammount you would C-Bet (or just say check if you wouldnt) ... and maybe on some controversial flops write a brief reason why you would C-Bet that ammount.

A: $Half the pot:$6
B: $Half-Two Thirds Pot: $6-$8: Reason for betting straight out on the flop: No one will really expect you to bet out a made hand on the flop there, and with the Ace of hearts, even if the opponents have hit a set or two pair on the flop, you still have a ton of outs.
C: $Half the pot: $6: Continuation bet, with outs against two pair, or a set, probably will get AJ or J9 to put more money in
D: $Two thirds Pot: $8: Continuation, callers must probably be on high cards or medium pairs, you can get them to possibly lay down
E: $Check (with the intention of check raising)
F: $Continuation bet of half to two-thirds pot: $8
G: $$6, but Id be worried, most likely a check would be in order, because most callers woud have high cards or a pckt pair.
H: $Dunno, preflop AK is a great hand
I: $Lead out $6
J: $Check (with the intention of check raising)
K: $Continuation bet $6
L: $Check (check raise)- or if good read on them, moderate bet $5, $6, something that makes my opponent want to fold. Small bet

M: $half the pot
N: $two thirds pot
O: $check (check raise)
P: $Bet half the pot

Just reply when you get time... Thanks guys!

[/quote]
Sneakyshadowstalker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:46am   #4
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I will c-bet half to two thirds the pot on basically every board with 1 or 2 callers (assuming it's checked to me, when I'm in position). OOP, it is read dependant, I will not c-bet unimproved into someone that can't ever fold anything, but will check behind me. Generally though I c-bet into one or two callers a lot. I don't check-raise very often, and when I do it, it's usually not on the flop that much, but I suppose a case could be made for it on some of these boards. If I get check-raised on M through P, that's where a read would come in handy, but absent any I'd probably fold.

The examples where I might not c-bet are O, because it scares me and I'd like to see how my opponents react to the turn, and I don't mind laying down AK here, and I-L because there are 3 callers. As Frog pointed out, I'd raise more pf to get rid of those pesky limpers, so it's unlikely I'd find myself in this type of situation. Depending on the opponents I might fire out once, then shut down if called and no A or K comes on the turn. I may very well check behind and fold to a turn bet, though. Someone is bound to be ahead of me here.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:33pm   #5
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

All of the Case 1 and 2 is a yes, especially case 2. Two thirds of the pot at a lower Limit and about half the pot at a higher limit. I would bet J and L in case 3 most of the time and the other two are rare. Case 4 continuation bet all of them.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:02pm   #6
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

hmm... this is me

A: $8.00
B: $8.00

C: $8.00
D: $8.00
E: $8.00
F: $0.00
G: $8.00