THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:39am   #11
spalding25
4 betting KT for value

spalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond reputespalding25 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if you're actually serious.
spalding25 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:10am   #12
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKERCHUMP View Post
for those who say seat selection is not inportant, i sat at my seat for 11 hours, won 1 to 2 hands per hour average. there is 10 seats to a table. i was sitting at seat 8 seat 1 2 and 3 were hitting all day. i joked about taking one of those seats when they left. but declined then as they became availible, only to regret it later. as those who took those seats won on average 1 to 400 per hour.

i finally bit my tougnue and moved from seat 8 to seat 5, and immedeatly won 4 of 7 hands. when i reached my 6PM cut off.

in my opinion to stay at a loosing seat for over 8 hours, is pretty stupid. the person who took my seat won 0 hands so my old seat was still cold.

yeah i know there will be days like this. but in my opinion if you sit at a table for 4 hours and you win less than 5 hands you should move seats, if your luck still is the same, then go home. or change tables.

this is in my opinion. and so far my bankroll as of now is 2300.00

tonight i will go and play again. and i take what i learn every time and use it.
Anyone who seriously believes in this has real insecurities about their poker game. The deck is completely shuffled (or exchanged) and the cards are random. That is just silly. If it came up red 7 times in a row would you think you had a better chance of it coming up black the next time?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:02pm   #13
Schwups
Flop Artist

Schwups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbu3116 View Post
If it came up red 7 times in a row would you think you had a better chance of it coming up black the next time?
Of course ... the probability for 8 times red in a row are only about 0,4%
Schwups est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 12:56pm   #14
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGun View Post
Changing seats might be advantageous in a no-limit game to get position against an aggressive player, but in a limit game, it's just not a big deal. People who ask for seat changes are just more annoying than anything in fixed-limit games.
I always ask for a seat change to an end seat (2, 3, 7, or just because that is where I'm most comfortable playing from. I can see everyone without waving my head back and forth and I feel less crowded than in the middle seats.

I think there is still an advantage to certain seats if there is a unpredicatable maniac that you want to be to your right or some predicatable players you want to your left. It's more important in no limit though since no limit is about the big pots rather than constant small pots.
ImAllInNow est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 7:43pm   #15
POKERCHUMP
Flop Artist

POKERCHUMP has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok, last night i went to a no limit table, had good hands but bad beats.

after 400.00 in losses, it turned, and i won 600.00 this was differet than me getting bad hands. as bad hands to me would bw 2 5 9 3 10 2

and nothing close showing on the board.

i then quit, and went to a 3/6 for a cooldown sat down at seat 9 played for 3 hours, lost 200.00 changed to seat 1. and 15 hands later, i won 500.00 left there at 5 am this morning. walked out with 700.00 with a total of 30,000 in my bank roll.

no, i did not win every hand. but had better hands there. this is the secomd time i changed seats and reversed my luck. I always play tight agressive. if i win 2 hands in a row, i might play loose on 1 hand. but other tha that, for me 1 in 10 to 15 hands being good cards i call a good day. but 1 in 20 or 30 hands is not good, because you loose your $$ in the sb bb.

they just installed the auto card shufler machines. so one would think that it would give more action on the board. but it does not.
POKERCHUMP est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 1:31am   #16
paulw86
River Rat

paulw86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwups View Post
Of course ... the probability for 8 times red in a row are only about 0,4%
It's still 50/50 assuming the cards are reshuffled into the deck after each draw. Each draw is an independent event, not dependent on past results.

EDIT: I'M A RIVER RAT W00T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKERCHUMP View Post
ok, last night i went to a no limit table, had good hands but bad beats.

after 400.00 in losses, it turned, and i won 600.00 this was differet than me getting bad hands. as bad hands to me would bw 2 5 9 3 10 2

and nothing close showing on the board.

i then quit, and went to a 3/6 for a cooldown sat down at seat 9 played for 3 hours, lost 200.00 changed to seat 1. and 15 hands later, i won 500.00 left there at 5 am this morning. walked out with 700.00 with a total of 30,000 in my bank roll.

no, i did not win every hand. but had better hands there. this is the secomd time i changed seats and reversed my luck. I always play tight agressive. if i win 2 hands in a row, i might play loose on 1 hand. but other tha that, for me 1 in 10 to 15 hands being good cards i call a good day. but 1 in 20 or 30 hands is not good, because you loose your $$ in the sb bb.

they just installed the auto card shufler machines. so one would think that it would give more action on the board. but it does not.
Some serious superstition you got there..

Last edited by paulw86; Feb 27, 2007 at 1:34am.
paulw86 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:29am   #17
TallJohn
Brunson

TallJohn

Could there be some truth here? I'm thinking not that the cards are better, but that the feeling that the "felt is greener on the other side of the table" somehow makes a player make more stupid mistakes, or that moving to the "hot seat" makes a player feel empowered and therefore plays more aggressively? Of course, the best solution would be to have an accurate understanding of the game and some basic stats...
TallJohn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:51am   #18
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

If changing seats at a poker table over and over isn't a tell about the quality of your poker skills then nothing is. Just keep fixating on those cards. Gee, I wonder what you have when you finally play a hand?
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:27pm   #19
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw86 View Post
It's still 50/50 assuming the cards are reshuffled into the deck after each draw. Each draw is an independent event, not dependent on past results.
Just to clarify: it's 50/50 on the 8th time because it's not dependent on the previous results.

However, the prior probability of 8 in a row one way or the other is .5^8=0.0039. I think that's what he means, he's not talking about the 8th time, he's talking about the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:49pm   #20
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Why did this thread get digged up again? I want the last 2 minutes of my life back...

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote