THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 02, 2007, 10:38am   #21
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Keep trying CBone - it took a hell of a long time for me as well..

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 02, 2007, 11:03am   #22
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I put the video on my server - the download will probably be slow but it will be available. http://83.73.244.144/thevideo.wmv
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2007, 12:12pm   #23
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

I'm not sure exactly what hands you are talking about but I'll do my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
I was sad because the server limits the download speed, but I downloaded it fine an hour ago. Running comments in notepad follow:

I would be more inclined to raise the flop instead of threebet with 56s to a minraise, but I don't think I threebet preflop enough, so shrug.
I like to 3bet with suited connectors sometimes and sometimes I'll just call, generally though I don't allow minraising while I'm in position. Also if you think about future streets, if he cbets the flop then I have no idea of his range and trying to push a donkey (ie someone who minraises) off an unknown hand is suicide.

I pot it with QT, because if one person calls a 2/3-3/4 bet, a flush has decent odds, plus if the cutoff calls you're OOP, and in general I'd hate to be threehanded on the turn. Probably bet/fold it.
Not sure what hand you are talking about here but I try to keep my bet sizes the same if I have a hand or not, I always try to bet around 2/3 or 3/4 pot (depending on the type of board) into 2 people because that is how I do my cbets. If there is a FD on the board then yea its not great to be giving the FD good odds, but I won't be paying them off much if they hit anyway since I will need a big hand myself (or a strong read) to continue in a multiway pot.

I wouldn't open push the hand where you turn broadway and villain has runner runner flush, because I think you're splitting or beat 90%+ of the time if he calls. I probably bet half the pot and call.
This was a player dependent move, he was an obvious calling station who had less than pot in his stack - I'm very confident he will call with 2 pair or a 9 in that spot, against a more solid player I would make a smaller value bet but not this guy.

I checkraise the flop with 22 instead of c/c bet turn. You're probably going to c/f if he calls your bet, right, since he's tight and could have a pp easy. OTOH if he has ace-paint c/c opens you up to a ton of cards that you don't want to see on the flop.
The 2 plays are practically the same in terms of value IMO, c/c uses slightly less chips but allows them to see the turn. Checkraising that flop isn't going to get him to fold any pair and possibly not even AK depending on the player since a 944 board is very unlikely to hit either of us but of course he doesn't get a free card to draw.

I'd fire with bottom set; dude isn't too likely to improve if he's missed, and he might be like "derf derf c/r AK"
Again this is a player dependent play, now that the big stack isn't interested (he was very aggressive and would 100% have bet any ace into 2 players on a draw heavy flop) I need to focus on the short stack who is very loose and will pay me off with a wide range, therefore I choose to slow play knowing I was only against him.

lol@88. work on your set under set skillz.

I dig limping behind with A8s when the UTG open limps, and you, him, and the blinds are all 150BB deep for nut flush + two pair implied odds
Sure its an option, I don't like limping in EP but this could have been a reasonable spot to do it.

open fold A7 from button?
This is part of the whole strategy, tighten up with low value hands like Axo so I can 3bet more and get more fold equity from my tighter image.

I generally bet in bsb situations when the board shows trips.
Me too but not every time. ;)

Anyway, yeah. I thought it was generally informative, particularly regarding threebetting oop.
Thanks, your comments are appreciated.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2007, 12:26pm   #24
shads
public enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinero View Post
I put the video on my server - the download will probably be slow but it will be available. http://83.73.244.144/thevideo.wmv
Thanks DK.

Old Jan 02, 2007, 4:55pm   #25
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

You're a goddess, Moli, thanks a bunch!
Old Jan 02, 2007, 6:44pm   #26
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

np guys
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2007, 7:05pm   #27
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Quote:
This is part of the whole strategy, tighten up with low value hands like Axo so I can 3bet more and get more fold equity from my tighter image

Does this mean no stealing?

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2007, 8:35am   #28
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Thanks for this Shads.

This is valuable stuff. Don't take this wrong but for future reference, there were just too many distractions from listening to your thinking. Too many boards, too hard to see. You were distracted and it cut down on the quality of the comments. And get caught up on your sleep.

Do more.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2007, 1:32pm   #29
shads
public enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
Does this mean no stealing?
[/color]
Sort of, it means no "stealing" with low value trash like Axo, J8o etc where you need to hit 2pair or trips with your kicker to get a big hand. It's not because I don't think its profitable but because I think you can get more value from having a tighter image and exploiting that by 3betting people more.

I personally found this style a lot easier to play against weaker players because it keeps things simple. Since you are playing tighter your cbets work more often and you generally get a lot more respect which makes people a lot easier to read.

This is only a style that I've found which works for myself, it is by no way the best way to play but merely one which I have found useful.

Old Jan 03, 2007, 1:38pm   #30
shads
public enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
Thanks for this Shads.

This is valuable stuff. Don't take this wrong but for future reference, there were just too many distractions from listening to your thinking. Too many boards, too hard to see. You were distracted and it cut down on the quality of the comments. And get caught up on your sleep.

Do more.
Thanks for the feedback jimmy, are you saying that you would prefer it if I recorded fewer tables so that discussion about one hand isn't interrupted by another hand popping up with requires attention? Feel free to tell me exactly what you didn't like and I'll try to remember these things if I make another one.