THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 07, 2009, 3:33pm   #111
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Hi, i mostly play on pokerstars, with micro limits, i don't know if i'll get good enough to play at higher limits

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 26, 2009, 1:43am   #112
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Hi, welcome to Pokertips

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 9:26pm   #113
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Kings View Post
Hi, i mostly play on pokerstars, with micro limits, i don't know if i'll get good enough to play at higher limits
you will get there one day
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:17pm   #114
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

lol
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:51pm   #115
cathal2
Fish

cathal2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to internet poker

Hi.

I go under the name Cathal2. I have been playing poker on and off for the last 3-4 years but never online. I have recently graduated from uni and with the present climate cant find work. I was wondering how viable it is for an average player to make money playing online, even at a rate of min wage.
I have opened an account with netteller and fulltilt. Is this a good start.
Advice please.
cathal2 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:03pm   #116
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathal2 View Post
Hi.

I go under the name Cathal2. I have been playing poker on and off for the last 3-4 years but never online. I have recently graduated from uni and with the present climate cant find work. I was wondering how viable it is for an average player to make money playing online, even at a rate of min wage.
Advice please.
Depends what you mean by average. Do you tend to over rate or under rate yourself?
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:10pm   #117
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathal2
Hi.

Advice please.
Possible but very unlikely.

Fact #1 as an "average offline player" you're likely a losing player online.

Fact #2 You likely have not even played enough poker to know whether you're average or not.

Fact #3 In addition to knowing how to play poker one has to know how use tracking software to study and improve ones game and especially for tax purposes as an American. One can get reads without stuff like: pokertracker; hold'em manager or poker office; but it's much harder to objectively study ones own game or to table select without them. Table selection is a vital online skill. One can buy the hand histories for a whole level at major sites, have stats on every regular and actually study their game; but one has to actually be able to find leaks doing so.

Fact #4 It's absolutely vital to bonus whore online (that is take advantage of first time deposit bonuses, reloads and rakeback.

Fact #5 One really needs to be able to multi table online, at least 4 tables.

Fact #6 Playing 40 hours+ a week is not fun and one needs to concentrate on playing during the off work hours of normal people for max profits and especially on weekends and holidays. This will be a huge burden on your social life and you may crack up and tilt just from the greater loneliness.

Fact #7 Poker is full of variance, even as a winning player ones bankroll is going to look like a stock with huge swings up and down. When one is playing for a living one has to win and to win one has to be emotionally unaffected by variance-something that's rare. One also needs at least 40 buy ins better 60- 80 for the level you're playing and at least 2-3 months living expenses too.

Ignoring all this if one can play break even poker with rakeback one can make about $1+/hour/ table in rakeback at $100 buy in NL...so yes if you can 8 table full ring one can make more than the minimum wage playing break even poker. $50 NL is raked more heavily than $100 nl one can make around $.70+/ hour/ table in rakeback. If one actually is a solid winning player (4 PTBB/100 hands-a PTBB =2 times the big blind) one can make more than the minimum wage even at $25 nl.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:52am   #118
whitespirit
Fish

whitespirit will become famous soon enoughwhitespirit will become famous soon enough

Name: whitespirit/whitespirit123
Time Playing Poker: 1 year
Real/Play Money: Real
Main Site: Full Tilt
Second Site: PKR
Other Sites: William Hill/PaddyPower
Playing Level: Micro/Low stakes
NL/Limit etc:NL 100%/Other 0%
STT/MTT/Cash: 15/5/80
Areas of experience:
  • Up to 400 players MTT
  • SNG ($20 or less)
  • MTT (20 < less)
  • Cash NL Full and 6 man: .02/.04 - .10/.20
Favorite Games:

Ring Games/Cash games - 10 man, .05/.10c
whitespirit est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:29pm   #119
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespirit View Post
Name: whitespirit/whitespirit123
Time Playing Poker: 1 year
Real/Play Money: Real
Main Site: Full Tilt
Second Site: PKR
Other Sites: William Hill/PaddyPower
Playing Level: Micro/Low stakes
NL/Limit etc:NL 100%/Other 0%
STT/MTT/Cash: 15/5/80
Areas of experience:
  • Up to 400 players MTT
  • SNG ($20 or less)
  • MTT (20 < less)
  • Cash NL Full and 6 man: .02/.04 - .10/.20
Favorite Games:

Ring Games/Cash games - 10 man, .05/.10c
we're making our own top trumps cards now?

Kc
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:00pm   #120
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
we're making our own top trumps cards now?

Kc

yep your turn

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote