THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 06, 2007, 11:27pm   #1
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice
Default This is what God....

aka Lee Jones does to punish donks who limp Aces utg...:

PokerStars Game #7801611014: Tournament #39376705, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/01/06 - 19:20:51 (ET)
Table '39376705 202' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: havoc615 (4655 in chips)
Seat 2: xxmarcyxx (6595 in chips)
Seat 3: jimmytrick (14545 in chips)
Seat 4: ROKC (9395 in chips)
Seat 5: vegasrock44 (7560 in chips)
Seat 6: bonze420 (7405 in chips)
Seat 7: PkrHolic (8150 in chips)
Seat 8: zzzzmen (7200 in chips)
Seat 9: sputnik1 (8940 in chips)
havoc615: posts small blind 75
xxmarcyxx: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jimmytrick [As Ac]
jimmytrick: calls 150
ROKC: folds
vegasrock44: folds
bonze420: folds
PkrHolic: folds
zzzzmen: calls 150
sputnik1: folds
havoc615: calls 75
xxmarcyxx: raises 300 to 450
jimmytrick: raises 750 to 1200
zzzzmen: calls 1050
havoc615: folds
xxmarcyxx: calls 750
*** FLOP *** [8s 3d Qs]
xxmarcyxx: bets 1500
jimmytrick: raises 11845 to 13345 and is all-in
zzzzmen: folds
xxmarcyxx: calls 3895 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [8s 3d Qs] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [8s 3d Qs 5s] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
xxmarcyxx: shows [Jh Js] (three of a kind, Jacks)
jimmytrick: shows [As Ac] (a pair of Aces)
xxmarcyxx collected 14540 from pot
jimmytrick said, "obv"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 14540 | Rake 0
Board [8s 3d Qs 5s Jd]
Seat 1: havoc615 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: xxmarcyxx (big blind) showed [Jh Js] and won (14540) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 3: jimmytrick showed [As Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: ROKC folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: vegasrock44 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: bonze420 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: PkrHolic folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: zzzzmen folded on the Flop
Seat 9: sputnik1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 07, 2007, 1:42am   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

your limp didnt make any difference there

unless the programm really deteced it

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 2:15am   #3
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Aces should win every time, especially when you play them like crap.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 4:25am   #4
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
.... especially when you play them like crap.
Are you drunk or something? One raise preflop with top pairs like AA to limit the field. One limp AA to either hide one's hand's stregth or set up a limp-reraise.

In this case, the limp set up a reraise that was called by JJ and some idiot who decided to 2nd-limp and then calling a limp-raise was a bright idea (then again, at least he/she wasn't idiotic enough to call the all-in on the flop).

Just because one know you do want those idiotic calls, doesn't make one any happier seeing a 11-1 shot hit.
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 4:52am   #5
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

That Axis has a razor sharp intellect to go along with his charming personality.

And he is tall too.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 4:57am   #6
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

If you play them like aces then you push all-in. Slow-playing them is like suggesting that you have crap, or more specifically, are playing them "like crap." It's all in how you read it. Personally, I think anyone that limps with pocket aces deserves whatever they get. Pick up your blinds with a raise and move on. If you try to trap and get beat, at least don't post a bad beat story about it. I hope I have the right to feel that way, or will the usual suspects crucify me for having an opinion?
Old Jan 07, 2007, 5:33am   #7
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Axis: limping aces is crap

Forum: limp-reraise is standard. All the money went in with JT way ahead.

Axis: zomg but my opinion! surely I cannot be wrong having no justification for it! Woe me and my trials of being a freethinker!

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 7:17am   #8
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. What I gathered from the original post was that limping with aces and losing must mean Lee Jones has rigged the hand. Obviously nobody like to lose with aces. I've lost many more times with them limping than betting out. If I only pick up the blinds then who knows if I would have lost with them more often had I got callers. I would guess Jimmy is a decent to good player, He could be great for all I know. This hand just seems like much ado about nothing. He did get his money in, as he should, but you can't win them all but can certainly post them all. I am assuming his suggestion of the game being rigged is tongue-in-cheeck.
Old Jan 07, 2007, 8:43am   #9
ryanb9
Grinder

ryanb9 is on a distinguished road

U made his day though!
ryanb9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2007, 9:29am   #10
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

I'm OK with the limp, but I'd reraise bigger. With two limpers and a raiser behind you I'd try harder to get it heads-up and make it 1500 at least.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote