THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:16pm   #1
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default How NOT to play!

I've made the result hard to read to make it more objective......

Scenario: About 720 entrees: 90 people left - 72 players Cash.
Guy on the bubble in 72nd place has just over 10K. I am in about 87th place.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1572012875: $11,000 Guarantee (11016810), Table 46 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:46:40 ET - 2007/01/10
Seat 1: muttface (13,360)
Seat 2: Moore64 (23,690)
Seat 3: UBENICE (12,993)
Seat 4: fishcat (6,090)
Seat 5: Ruffo (33,601)
Seat 6: Staphros (6,115)
Seat 7: tony1340 (29,804)
Seat 8: mrfony (22,410)
Seat 9: choirboy (42,710)
choirboy posts the small blind of 500
muttface posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Staphros [Tc Jc]
Moore64 folds
UBENICE folds
fishcat calls 1,000
Ruffo folds
Staphros calls 1,000
tony1340 folds
mrfony folds
choirboy folds
muttface raises to 13,235, and is all in
fishcat calls 4,965, and is all in
Staphros folds
muttface shows [Ac Td]
fishcat shows [As 9d]
*** FLOP *** [Ks 5d Jh]
*** TURN *** [Ks 5d Jh] [6s]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 5d Jh 6s] [4d]
muttface shows Ace King high
fishcat shows Ace King high
muttface wins the pot (14,555) with Ace King high
fishcat stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 14,555 | Rake 0
Board: [Ks 5d Jh 6s 4d]
Seat 1: muttface (big blind) showed [Ac Td] and won (14,555) with Ace King high

IMO: This is how NOT to play the SS late in a MTT. With my M so low I think this should have been an instant push and prey!
JTs - I should have pushed AI. (Hoping for a couple of AK callers or low PP. I realised after I did it. I used to make this mistake all the time playing overly tight so I thought i'd post this to remind myself and warn other players.

Anyone disagree?

NB - My next post will be my 500th! Should I make it something special....maybe my first article?

Last edited by staphros; Jan 10, 2007 at 9:21pm.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:47pm   #2
Johnnyballs19
Brunson

Johnnyballs19

I don't necessarily disagree, short stacked its push or fold IMO. Why did you limp though?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:07pm   #3
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyballs19 View Post
I don't necessarily disagree, short stacked its push or fold IMO. Why did you limp though?

My guess is its because everyone has a donkey inside them and every now and then it peeks out and makes us limp with JTs with a M of 4 control your inner donkey and you control the world...........

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:31pm   #4
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

he limps cause maybe he can pick up a FD on the flop and then maybe raise a bet for a free card on the turn.

Hell no.

dude you got 6BB, after a limper you can push or fold, but never ever limp.
although the worst option is probably to raise to 2000

and wtf is fishcat doing? even worse, muhhhuu how ugly. is this the fish tank or what? says 11k guaranteed, maybe 11k players each with a buck??

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:33pm   #5
wDawks
Brunson

wDawks
Send a message via AIM to wDawks

I don't disagree either...but yeah you're right, push/fold situation there...hope you cashed =)
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:22pm   #6
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
My guess is its because everyone has a donkey inside them and every now and then it peeks out and makes us limp with JTs with a M of 4 control your inner donkey and you control the world...........

We have a winner! As soon as I clicked fold the word RETARD flashed in front of my eyes.

I posted this to show a bad play as I believe people can learn from them just as much as a perfect play.

Jamming the pot is always correct here unless maybe you are one or two places from the cut off.

Playing the SS is skill needed to be sucessful in MTT and my large error here highlights the fact.

This was on Full Tilt where the blinds in the latter stages quickly become crazy - even though it was a DS.

What i'm conveying is that its not the cards that should be played but the opportunity - a critical mistake in this case.

I did come back from 89/89 to finish 70th and in the money - showing that even if you do make a mistake you have to let it go and avoid tilt.
(If anyone wonderers I doubled through with 22 then hung on as the aggressive players battled it out with the high blinds).

NB: The total prize pool was around 24K. I also got in via a sat (its better value)
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:10am   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

How is folding JTs preflop, to save your tournament life, a mistake? It's only a mistake after you see the results of the hand and you would have won. If the JT would have lost it would have been a great laydown, and you were up against an ace. You made the money so it is what it is.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:20am   #8
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

Irrelevent of the cards and if i won or otherwise with my M so low my cards were pretty much irrelevent. I should have gone for it.
Also folding it would have been better than calling it.
The call was the dubest move. Folding would have been a bad move and going all in would be the EV+ move. You have to take the hand not in a single context but as an overall. Imagine I didn't post the results. How would you have played it then. Not going AI would or at least calling the 3 was all in was the mistake - so was just calling and not pushing.

I have pretty good odds in the hand unless they both have high PP or Jx with X greater than 10. Plus JJ would be the worst. However if they both had AK i'd be in a very good spot to reignite my tourneey. The ~20K chips would put me back in the middle of the pack (providing my hand held).
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:52am   #9
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
How is folding JTs preflop, to save your tournament life, a mistake? It's only a mistake after you see the results of the hand and you would have won. If the JT would have lost it would have been a great laydown, and you were up against an ace. You made the money so it is what it is.

Your an idiot, he didnt fold he called, then folded. It is the calling that is the problem.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 4:09am   #10
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yet another typical slam post using a word like "idiot". You are a child acehole. Obviously only your take on things is the proper one. If the hand didn't win you'd probably have a completely different take on it. If I say it was a dumb move then I get berated because "the guy is hurting and I'm rubbing it in" and if I say it's no big deal then I'm an idiot. I can't win with you punks.

How is the call the problem? Sure you want to raise with that hand but do you think his little stack is going to scare away all takers? I highly doubt it. The fold could be considered the problem in this case, not the call as you suggest. If you are going to enter the hand then play it out, which would require a call of the all-in. He chose to save his skin and live to play another day since he only called, which is a proper play if you factor in the result of finishing in the money. If he would have gone all-in with a caller and lost you would be berating him for not just calling, but since you know the results you can posture like you know it all.

I personally would raise in this situation, but since he called I posted that it wasn't a mistake to fold to a raise since he faced elimination. It's a split-second judgement call that is a great move when you win and a terrible move when you lose. People like you however will read through the entire hand to see the outcome before giving your Monday-morning-quarterback advice as if it works at all times, and anyone suggesting anything to the contrary must be an "idiot." Maybe if I tell him he played the hand like a f*cking moron then I can join the @sshole club with you and hang out with the other rude bastards that have no problems calling someone they don't know profane and insulting names?

And if you are going to call someone an idiot, try not to spell the first word of the sentence incorrectly or you risk looking the part yourself.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote