THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:56pm   #1
*DEADMONEY*
Fish

*DEADMONEY* is on a distinguished road
Default re: theory and mathematics

I have been re-reading Harrington on Hold'em Volume II, on page 201 there is a situation where he has 15 outs on the flop and uses David Solomon's formula to get an approximate winning perecentage from a moderate amount of outs above eight. Is there a simple formula for under eight out, also? Also I have been reading the new Miller and Sklansky book on no limi holdem, but the question I want to get at are those math equations are impossible to remember and use while playing, are there any simple to use formulas as Harrington stated with Solomon's that can benefit me better. Since no limit hold'em is a situational game, I want to be able to benefit the best I can when confronted hard situations. I am trying to get myself more trained in the mathematical element and theory of the game. Should I get a mathematical book to study probabilities a and stats, and what area should I focus on? I probably sound like a lost cause, don't I?
*DEADMONEY* est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:02pm   #2
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

# outs * 2 + 1 is roughly equal to your % chance of hitting your draw.

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote