zemidjan_99
Default Double through or go broke?

Here’s the situation. 3 Handed.
Chip Counts

BB me: 555,000
SB: 300,000
Button: 1,200,000

SB: 500, BB:1000

I have AsQs in the BB. The Button calls. SB calls. I raise to 10,000. Button re-raises to 25,000. I call. Pot: 51,000

I am not too worried about the pre-flop action. I know the guy OTB very well and he is aggressive and I figure using position. I have no doubt I am ahead preflop.

Flop comes [5d, Ad, 3s]

I know he knows I have an ace. I play it like it a weak ace and bet 35,000. The Button calls. Pot: 121,000

Turn [4s]

I am not happy with this card. My mind tells me that his pre-flop play doesn’t make sense for any hand with a 2. I put him on a straight draw. I check. He fires 100,000. I call. I am thinking that if I am behind, I still have a good chance to improve OTR.

Pot: 321,000

River [2s]

There’s a wheel on the board. I put him on a straight draw. I am pretty sure he has a six. I lead out 250,000 making it look like I am trying to steal a split pot. He pushes all-in.

What do you do? Pull a Hellmuth and beat him into the pot?

Last edited by zemidjan_99; Jan 12, 2007 at 5:37pm.
zemidjan_99 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:28pm   #2
doja
Flop Artist

doja

Lets see... you have AsQs... and there are 3 spades on the board... which by my calcs is close enough to call it nuts -- you only lose to 5s6s...

Yes... pull the Hellmuth and beat him into the pot... all day, every day.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:30pm   #3
Ghostwriter
NL10 - Home Sweet Home

Ghostwriter will become famous soon enough

ahhhhh, my eyes......
Ghostwriter est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:46pm   #4
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
ahhhhh, my eyes......
and with that their avatars are both moving, ahhhhh

ehm, disregarding the flush you hold, the board has a wheel, you just bet to bluff him out, and he raises. how likely you think he is bluffing?? you think he would go allin with a 6 or try to get more money out of you? its not impossible he has a 6, but very unlikely....

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:59pm   #5
zemidjan_99
Brunson

zemidjan_99
Default Button outs

The button had 8 outs going to the river.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:04pm   #6
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Let me just summarize this, you consider folding an Ace high flush on unpaired board, when you already have 80% of your stack in the pot, is that correct?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:18pm   #7
zemidjan_99
Brunson

zemidjan_99
Default Well...

...only two of those outs would have induced a call. I thought his re-raise all-in was him thinking he was reeling me in having made his straight.

I pulled the hellmuth and was right about the straight draw.....he turned over 6s. To my dismay it was accompained with the 5s, and I summarily lost.

If it hadn't been live I wouldn't have believed it. The hand is quite fascinating on many levels. I suppose it can be argued I should taken the pot down OTF. Shorthanded, it can be argued that the call by the button OTF was marginal. OTT, I could have bet my draw hard (considered pushing) OTT top pair and the nut flush draw instead of checking. That being said he turns an open ended straight flush draw. OTR was just the perfect storm. No way I get away from that hand.

Just glad it wasn't a cash game.

Last edited by zemidjan_99; Jan 12, 2007 at 6:29pm.
zemidjan_99 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:39pm   #8
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't ever consider getting away from this hand. Please.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:56pm   #9
zemidjan_99
Brunson

zemidjan_99
Default Setting the record....

...straight (unfortunate choice of word considering). At no time was I considering folding. I plead guilty to dramatizing the hand for artistic effect.