THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 14, 2007, 3:57pm   #11
Doza
<=Wannabe maniac=>

Doza is on a distinguished road

Well, you know about the fact that there are different levels of approaching the game of poker
Level 0 would be to only play your cards.
Level 1 is playing your cards and thinking about what your opponent has.
Level 2 is level one and thinking about what your opponent thinks that you have.
Etc.

The better your oponent is, the higher level you have to go to beat him (ussually his level +1).

This should work for showing hands in a way. If you knew where your oponent stops analizying the fact that you showed a hand, you could go one step further and thereby have an advantage. In practice, this is hard to do, so you probably should stick to showing hands to donks.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:07pm   #12
icefish
Brunson

icefish is on a distinguished road

Yes, I think I'll go with wDawks suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wDawks View Post
I don't think so, bad players don't pay attention and good players will...and will play you better because of it.
though I like the idea of showing someone likely to be on tilt a huge bluff to push him over the edge :-)
icefish est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:07pm   #13
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Showing can be used to insight tilt, change image or enforce an image. All of which are valid reasons for showing under the correct circumstances. However they should not be over done - no information is the best information to give your opponent generally.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:38pm   #14
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

i will never show a bluff and i will never show the 2nd best hand, i will however once in a long while, show absolute nuts.... cause hey we are only human and if you have quads its nearly impossible not to brag

hehe
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:16pm   #15
Hellmuths Eagle
River Rat

Hellmuths Eagle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
i will never show a bluff and i will never show the 2nd best hand, i will however once in a long while, show absolute nuts.... cause hey we are only human and if you have quads its nearly impossible not to brag
I agree completely. It's really no tell if you're showing your Quads, or Straight Flush, because really any kind of player is going to show that. As far as other hands, I don't like to show anything. If I'm playing a home game, I will show an occasional bluff, but only with intentions of throwing my oppenent on tilt, especially if they're already aggravated.
Hellmuths Eagle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote