Octob3r raises [$0.65]
nightfall2k5 raises [$0.80]
Octob3r calls [$0.40]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
Octob3r checks
nightfall2k5 is all-In [$3.34]
Octob3r calls [$3.34]
** Dealing River ** [ Js ]
Octob3r shows [ Ks, As ]a flush, Ace high.
nightfall2k5 shows [ Ad, Ah ]a full house, Aces full of Jacks.
nightfall2k5 wins $8.83 from the main pot with a full house, Aces full of Jacks.
Game 5602808687 starts.

so what do u u think? was it right or too risky? (well yeah I burst out laughing when i saw his flush... poor guy)
nightfall2k5 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 21, 2007, 4:20pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

nice start

to you as a newbie this might seem very special, but actually it is not. happens all the time, that a flush loses to a full house.

how you played the hand:

the small blind raised your bigblind, I would usually reraise with AA there, but a call is fully ok.

your flop raise is ok also, I would usually just call, but at NL5 you will mostly get a call so your raise it totally fine. he min-reraises. mh. at this point I would surely just call and let him lead out the turn to raise there. I wont argue much about your re-reraise, but it is to little. raise his 60cents to at least 1$ .

then on the turn, you are doing what you probably should have done on the flop. But right there, your bet is a little too big. ok, its NL5, but I would rather bet only 1,5$ to get him to call, and take the rest on the river.

overall, you played the hand fine, although there werent many tough situations.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:58pm   #3
nightfall2k5
Flop Artist

nightfall2k5 is on a distinguished road

thanks for you suggestions

any tip on how i should play AA so i get 1-2 calls? if i raise 0.16-0.2 i dont get any... they all fold (mb cauz im tight)

on the other hand with 0.08-0.12 most fish call and im in a dangerous position (or so i think, mb i m wrong?)

i mean i want some ppl to call me and not many to see the flop ... but gathering the blinds isnt what i aim for
Old Jan 21, 2007, 7:42pm   #4
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

It's kinda situational, just raise as much as you think you can get away with. Obviously this will depend on your position on the table and your image. As you play more you'll understand better about raising to get maximum profit out of the other players and your hands. Also you might want to consider moving down to the 0.01/0.02 ring games on stars. I'm only saying this because it's cheaper and it's similar to fishing for goldfish in a pond using a nuclear warhead.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:49pm   #5
nightfall2k5
Flop Artist

hm im currently playing on party and have some problems with my cc (its my dads and those idiots froze my acc cauz of that... lol... took a phone call to fix it)

anyways im playing in party and im making very easy about 2.7$/hour (for my first 4 hours) in single table... now im considering to play @ 2 tables at the same time

do u think i should try fishing in stars too?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:58pm   #6
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

What's your poker background so far?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:29pm   #7
nightfall2k5
Flop Artist

nothing just some playmoney accounts now and then (and 5-6 freeroll tournaments @ poker.com)

well for my first 289 hands of real money (which is from this morning till this moment) (stats taken from pokeroffice) i won $15.94 in 0.02/0.04 tables @ party
total hours played : 5 and a half

what should i do now? im thinking sticking to fishing for a while to get a good bankroll and mb take part in $1 buy-in tournaments?

poker office shows me as tight-aggressive pre-flop and neutral afterflop (sometimes aggressive too)

Last edited by nightfall2k5; Jan 21, 2007 at 9:34pm.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:51pm   #8
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Well if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just to let you know that just because you've had a good morning doesn't mean you're beating a level.

If you're happy at 0.02/0.04 then stick with it. If you want to work on your tournament play then playing the $1 buy in tourney's on stars are good. There's usually 1000-2000 players and the slow blind structure gives you a better chance at gradually improving the different areas of your game.

Tight-aggressive pre-flop for a beginner is perfect, don't worry too much about your post flop stereotype yet until you've learn't the basics.

To be honest you sound like you know what you're doing and you're doing it well. One thing i will say is to be careful for your inevitable downswing on the 0.02/0.04 tables. That $15 could only be $5 by the end of tomorrow. Sorry if that's pissing on your picnic a bit.

Welcome to the forums.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:13pm   #9
nightfall2k5
Flop Artist

no it isnt... i know how easy those 15 can be lost i have to be carefull and play tight... and of course have luck on my side

thanks for your suggestions i will be lurking around here and ask for advice reguralry

what im gonna do is stick with 0.02/0.04 for some time so i get fully comfortable with the game (and gain some money hopefully)

Last edited by nightfall2k5; Jan 21, 2007 at 10:16pm.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:52pm   #10
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Also you're probably better off playing longer handed tables than 3 people. Short hand is for when you learn to get more aggressive post-flop.